Eaton 10 Second List Update

quikcobra

Established Member
I have a question!

What does it take to get a eaton car in the 10's? I see kb's still high 11's, low 12's and you guys are doing it with the stock ole eaton supercharger lol.

It should be their info and a picture of the car??

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Congrats on the new bests guys. Looks like I'm giving in to the horsepower gods. I've got a twinscrew on the way so I don't know how many more chances I'm gonna have with the ole eaton. I kind of hate to give it up with so much still left on the table, but I've got this horsepower jones that I just can't kick.

you bastard!!!! Im jealous...

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I have a question!

What does it take to get a eaton car in the 10's? I see kb's still high 11's, low 12's and you guys are doing it with the stock ole eaton supercharger lol.

It should be their info and a picture of the car??
Most of the twinscrews you see that run those slower numbers simply aren't setup for the strip. Pretty much all the guys on the 10 sec eaton list are pretty heavy drag racers and set their cars up accordingly. Do all the boltons with a little attention to suspension and putting the car on a diet doesn't hurt either. It can be done at full weight too though as several of this group have done. You gotta drive it hard, not for the squeemish with 6000+ clutch dumps and 6200rpm no lift power shifts.
you bastard!!!! Im jealous...

I feel the love in your post Jake. Lol. I know you probably will be jumping ship soon too. You racing this weekend? My race got rained out and all the other tracks are having events I can't race in this weekend.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I feel the love in your post Jake. Lol. I know you probably will be jumping ship soon too. You racing this weekend? My race got rained out and all the other tracks are having events I can't race in this weekend.

went last night.....first street night for me this year as the track is usually .....eh.....

10.66 off the trailer and then a 10.64 w/ a crappy 1.54 60'. tried the bottle again...same thing that happened last week....not sure what it is. should be going again wednesday and then my rental down in maryland on the 15th and thats it till april!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
went last night.....first street night for me this year as the track is usually .....eh.....

10.66 off the trailer and then a 10.64 w/ a crappy 1.54 60'. tried the bottle again...same thing that happened last week....not sure what it is. should be going again wednesday and then my rental down in maryland on the 15th and thats it till april!
Well, at least your consistent Jake......Wierd about the nitrous runs. :shrug:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Well, at least your consistent Jake......Wierd about the nitrous runs. :shrug:

yea...hopefully check some stuff tomorrow and go for a ride and find it....otherwise Im ripping it all out and going twin screw/turbo.....

btw...Larry....why twin screw? and why the Mammoth? no 3.4? no turbo?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member

Hope you get the nitrous sorted out, I want to see that 9 sec pass.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Congrats on the new bests guys. Looks like I'm giving in to the horsepower gods. I've got a twinscrew on the way so I don't know how many more chances I'm gonna have with the ole eaton. I kind of hate to give it up with so much still left on the table, but I've got this horsepower jones that I just can't kick.

You gonna tune it on E85? If it's easy to get I recommend it. CHEAP safe race gas.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
You gonna tune it on E85? If it's easy to get I recommend it. CHEAP safe race gas.

I have considered it. We have several stations here that have it and my next door neighbor runs it in his twin turbo Rambler that makes over 1700rwhp. The stuff is pretty impressive, but I have to make sure I'll have enough fuel system. I don't mind putting in higher flowing pumps, but I wasn't really looking to going bigger on the injector. I already have 60's and I'm not sure anyone is making any larger high impedence ones. We'll just have to do some calculations and see, but for now I'll probably do a pump gas tune and a race fuel tune.

flattusmaximus

Established Member
F8LBITE....................10.97 @ 122.56 w/ 1.55 (6spd/IRS)

Whats the specs on this... any suspension work, any weight reduction, stock rims?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
yea...hopefully check some stuff tomorrow and go for a ride and find it....otherwise Im ripping it all out and going twin screw/turbo.....

btw...Larry....why twin screw? and why the Mammoth? no 3.4? no turbo?
Sorry, I missed your question Jake.
Well I'm going twinscrew over turbo mainly because I plan on staying with the 6speed and I feel it'll be quicker. If I was going auto, I would consider a turbo. I've seen the results of the mammoth on Erics car and I was just really impressed with it. I'm sure the 3.4 is just as impressive and it may even be capable of a little more power in an all out setup, but I just like the KB. It was supposed to ship out today, Woohoooooo!:rockon:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
F8LBITE....................10.97 @ 122.56 w/ 1.55 (6spd/IRS)

Whats the specs on this... any suspension work, any weight reduction, stock rims?

If I remember correctly it was a 2.8/6lb combo with full length headers, full exhaust, cold air kit, elec water pump, full weight with stock irs on 315/35/17 bfg drag radials.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Sorry, I missed your question Jake.
Well I'm going twinscrew over turbo mainly because I plan on staying with the 6speed and I feel it'll be quicker. If I was going auto, I would consider a turbo. I've seen the results of the mammoth on Erics car and I was just really impressed with it. I'm sure the 3.4 is just as impressive and it may even be capable of a little more power in an all out setup, but I just like the KB. It was supposed to ship out today, Woohoooooo!:rockon:

cool...ill decide when the time comes...you oging to get out on the eaton one more time? i just closed the gap HARD on you...went back up again today for a rental with the new tune and it was right...I WAS down on power...

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
cool...ill decide when the time comes...you oging to get out on the eaton one more time? i just closed the gap HARD on you...went back up again today for a rental with the new tune and it was right...I WAS down on power...

Yeah, it looks like I'll be out a few more times with it before the KB goes on. Blower just shipped out today so I'm sure I won't have it before this weekend and I have races/track rentals to go to for the next several weekends in a row. I wish there would have been a track open today. The air was great. So what did you run? I told ya you have the car to beat if you get it all together.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yeah, it looks like I'll be out a few more times with it before the KB goes on. Blower just shipped out today so I'm sure I won't have it before this weekend and I have races/track rentals to go to for the next several weekends in a row. I wish there would have been a track open today. The air was great. So what did you run? I told ya you have the car to beat if you get it all together.

after the retune last night...no mod change

10.52@130 w/ a 1.47

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
after the retune last night...no mod change

10.52@130 w/ a 1.47
Ohhhh.....that's real cool Jake. You just run the second fastest non-nitrous eaton time in history and non-chalantly post it up on the 37th post on an obscure thread.

Oh well......CONGRATS!!! Great job. Details??? Please???

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ohhhh.....that's real cool Jake. You just run the second fastest non-nitrous eaton time in history and non-chalantly post it up on the 37th post on an obscure thread.

Oh well......CONGRATS!!! Great job. Details??? Please???

made a ne wpost for ya!!!

Users who are viewing this thread