Eaton oil change writeup (pics)

Emwun Garand

Established Member
saw this on ebay about 10 for a 4oz bottle. so i'll need 2.. $20

is this the right one?

Genuine GM 12345982 Supercharger Oil NEW! | eBay

$(KGrHqUOKjEE356DPRZIBOHjd+zWfQ~~_12.JPG

Changed mine today and this is exactly what I used. The old oil was filthy, had two small metal shavings in it and smelled like barbequed asshole. The new oil was clear and odorless. My blower took 1 and 3/4 bottles of new fluid to fill.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i decided i'm gonna buy the 10x30 oil. should i use synthetic or normal? my engine uses synthetic

SVTDice

Established Member
Synthetic works great. It holds up MUCH better, Plus if you buy it by the Qt. I'd change the Supercharger oil every time I changed the Engine oil. Lets do some math.

1 Qt = 32 Ounces. 1 Eaton Oil change = 8 oz OR less = 4 OR More Eaton Oil changes. I say you are getting your money's worth.

Just my .02

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
did mine today with a synthetic blend 10w30. the red bottle from walmart. same oil i use in the motor.

srtsir

Established Member
I know this is kinda off topic..But I have been using motor oil in my Ford Focus for power steering fluid for the last 2 years because it is leaking and motor oil is cheaper...Never had any issues...put 50,000 miles on it...Go figure..

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
another first timer here, i just did this at 107k.

came nowhere close to the fill specifications on this either, was only able to get about 3.5 ounces out, and back in. even jacked up the back of the car to drain and the front to refill. the syringe worked great for both.

but that is less than half of eaton's specs of 7.3 oz (215 ml)

oh well we'll see how it works out. i used the gm "supercharger oil"

SonicSnake84

Established Member
Awesome write up!! Just hope the Mobil1 10w30 is what it actually uses, bc thats what I used and i dont need any issues from the car. Only took me about 15 mins!! :rockon:

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I just read the whole thread and cannot believe people are STILL putting in "motor oil"...............

I'm seriously baffled.

MikesCobra

Established Member
Anyone read here?

FAQ for Superchargers

You do not need to change it, they don't recommend it. Mine has about 60,000 miles no problems, no changes, and been pullied the whole time
apparently you failed to read the ENTIRE paragraph, the last sentence clearly states why we would want to change the oil, especially with a smaller pulley. Not to mention any sort of metal to metal contact with a fluid for lubrication, as an engine, trans, rear end, diff, or in this case supercharger, why wouldnt you want a fresh oil in between the metal??? you change your engine oil dont you??? Just food for thought.

"The sealed oil reservoir in a supercharger is designed to last the life of the vehicle. Changing the oil is not recommended unless you suspect contamination, leakage, or other issues like bearing failure. Also, if your vehicle has an abnormally heavy duty cycle, such as racing or towing, you could consider changing the oil at regular intervals such as 20k, 30k, 50k, or 100k miles depending on usage."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread