Eaton Swap Peeps what is your boost and what pulley sizes

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Been reading that it seems since our heads are more restrictive people are seeing 2lbs more then a termy with the same pulley sizes. I was going to run a stock upper and a metco +2 lower, but I am afraid it will equal 12lbs and that is way more then I wanted.

Just wanted to see what people with the swap are actually getting.

force feed

Established Member
Well i just did the swap but it wont be tuned till weds. Im running a 03 cobra stock pulleys. I'll post up my numbers when its done

Mineral_01'

Established Member
Think I may have talked to you before, but around 10.7 lbs with stock pulley before tune. After tune right around 10 lbs of boost. 446 HP. and 445 LBS on a mustang dyno with 16deg of timing. Not sure how I lost almost a pound of boost when the timing was retarded, but I cant complain with my current numbers.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Wow some of those numbers scare me. I think I am going to use a stock upper and go with the metco 6.55 underdriven. The blower has a Posi port which should net me around 8 psi total hopefully. I would be happy with the 420-430 range.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Say Im almost done with mine and Im gonna be runing Metco 4# lower with a 2.76 upper.
What kind of boost you guys think it should produce? 15-17?
Too bad there isnt a chart somewhwere... hmmm...

swt99svt

Established Member
My swap is in the final phase! I'm pumped. Pretty cool to see a couple of the posters on here that helped provide direction for my swap and that was just from reading their posts. 01 Venom - we're actually using your step by step for some of the odds and ends.

Changing some of the vacuum crap for a cleaner look and also doing an egr delete. Lucked out and got EVERY single part off a '03. No bending power steering pipes! :)

Opted to go with auto meter wideband and 20psi boost gauge with the dash bezel. Also, going with the ford gt supercar fuel pump...

I'm curious what I'll see for my numbers. Have k&n fipk, c&l power pipe, bassani o/r x, and slp lm1.... It appears to have an aftermarket upper pulley but not positive on what size...

There are a few shots on facebook if you search for "red 9 fab" and the complete build will be posted when it's done.

We opted to powdercoat all the appropriate accessories black and did the blower in FRPP Blue!!! looks pretty sick.

Any thoughts on numbers for power? Build should be done this week and off to the dyno next week. We're looking to get a solid 450rwhp out of her. The block has 88k and i've owned it since it had 7k. Pretty cool to finally have a blower considering i've wanted to put one on for the last 8 yrs.

Last edited:

01 Venom

Established Member
sounds good man, 450 RWHP is really easy to make with an Eaton, did you port the blower? I would highly recommend getting it ported, you will get some more power and it drops the IAT temps a good bit.

If you need any help hit me up with a PM

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Say Im almost done with mine and Im gonna be runing Metco 4# lower with a 2.76 upper.
What kind of boost you guys think it should produce? 15-17?
Too bad there isnt a chart somewhwere... hmmm...

If ported then upwards of 20psi.

swt99svt

Established Member
Haven't had it ported. Was actually wanting to hold off on it for a bit. I saw you did yours through Steg. The shop that is doing mine has a long standing relationship with Steg and one of the owners of the shop used to be an owner of Modular Depot so that's where the relationships stems from.

I just put the wheels and exhaust on the car and paid a bit more for the kit since I bought it complete. Taking that into consideration plus the Ford GT pump, the gauges, c&l powerpipe, powdercoat, and the install, I decided to hold off on some areas I would have normally invested in.

I'm hoping that because of the intake, the FIPK, and the exhaust it will breath a bit better, thus allowing a little more HP with hopes of hitting the 450rwhp.

zeus201

Established Member
8lb lower w/stock upper, non-ported. i can't remember exact numbers but somewhere in the mid 400s rwhp and rwtq.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Swt99 are you on a stock bottom end?

I had my blower ported by posi, since it was down there for some bolt repairs plus it is only a 1.5 hour drive.

I have sent plus 2 back yet, maybe I will just go with an 8".

swt99svt

Established Member
Swt99 are you on a stock bottom end?

I had my blower ported by posi, since it was down there for some bolt repairs plus it is only a 1.5 hour drive.

I have sent plus 2 back yet, maybe I will just go with an 8".

Nope, stock bottom, for now. I actually ended up with the Eaton swap after getting hosed on an Alluminator by Modular Depot. I had been talking to them for a few days, was told they had it, ready to make the transaction but asked for them to put their hands on it and take some pics before I made the 10 minute drive from my house :). Turns out they had sold it two weeks prior.

Started looking at blowers again and came across a complete swap and just went for it.... Having all my work done at Red 9 Fab out of Dayton, Ky.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I want to do this swap one day good to see another local swt you on any local forums in ohio?

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I am going to have Pauls Automotive Engineering do the tune in Cincy when I am done. They did my fox and it runs real well.

Users who are viewing this thread