Ebola in the US

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Possible Ebola patient in Washington D.C. just reported. Traveled to Nigeria recently

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
It would make sense to put heavy restrictions on travel in this area to keep ebola out of the U.S.
I guess that makes far too much sense.

This. It makes no sense why they still allowing travel. The only "monitoring" they do is a temperature test before boarding the plane.

As we have saw with the guy in Dallas, he lied. Just like anyone can do.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
You can ban travel from Africa to US all you want, but it doesn't mean someone can't travel from Africa -> Wherever -> USA. It's going to get here in some way. There are too many people that travel to and from this country for it to not get here...and the fact it's already decently widespread in Africa.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You can ban travel from Africa to US all you want, but it doesn't mean someone can't travel from Africa -> Wherever -> USA. It's going to get here in some way. There are too many people that travel to and from this country for it to not get here...and the fact it's already decently widespread in Africa.

You read my mind.

Steve@Tasca

This. It makes no sense why they still allowing travel. The only "monitoring" they do is a temperature test before boarding the plane.

As we have saw with the guy in Dallas, he lied. Just like anyone can do.

Apparently we learned nothing in 1918, granted that was much more easily transmitted but it was only able to do what it did due to the increased mobility of the worlds population and the mass troop movements due to the war.

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

It could be done, peoples travel can be tracked quite easily these days. It just takes the will power to put a plan into effect and to act on it.

-Steve

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They would have a date and stamp on their passport showing where they have been and when. Easy.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
True, but how far back do you look? Weeks? 1 Month? 4 Months? 6 Months?

That's A TOOON of people most likely. Every single person that has been to Africa (near or in infected regions) in the last some odd months....?! That's a lot of people to look up/find and then personally go find them. I'm sure it's possible though

Steve@Tasca

True, but how far back do you look? Weeks? 1 Month? 4 Months? 6 Months?

That's A TOOON of people most likely. Every single person that has been to Africa (near or in infected regions) in the last some odd months....?! That's a lot of people to look up/find and then personally go find them. I'm sure it's possible though

Simple enough, you just have to check back far enough to cover the incubation period or require anyone that's traveled through those countries to be quarantined until tests can be run.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/diagnosis/

They can test for it even if you aren't showing symptoms.

-Steve

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I wonder just how hard it would be to find every person that has been in Africa in the last 21 days (says 2-21 day incubation; 8-10 being most common). I don't know enough about traveling, etc to know what they'd do. I guess every location is stamped in a passport PLUS filed digitally somewhere? So you'd just track down every person that has been to Africa within the last 21 days and go test them. So you'd have to:

1. Identify every person that traveled to Africa within the last 21 days
2. Find them
3. If they have the virus/symptoms before you reach them, then you'd have to isolate every person they've been in contact with

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I'm not to worried yet but our government is inept at best and they lie all the time so I don't trust anything they say or is reported by the media. With that said watch what you do and take care of you and your love ones and don't be stupid.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not to worried yet but our government is inept at best and they lie all the time so I don't trust anything they say or is reported by the media. With that said watch what you do and take care of you and your love ones and don't be stupid.

All true but what about the apartment complex in Texas where barely a lick of English is spoken and can't understand what's going on and what steps to take?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
To the guy above me: Some media is reporting something as minor as a cough or sneeze can spread it. Think about how times you go out in public and people don't cover their mouths or noses or both when this happens. I like to embarrass people who do this. Call them out on their ignorance and selfishness.

Heard the SAME crap with the HIV. They had charts and maps on TV that looked like "28 Days Later". They kept saying that 1 in 6 would get the HIV.

Of course, after two reporters who were stupid enough to go to the middle east get their heads cut off, we have to go to war. But then again that is different.

I refuse to acquiesce to the hype.

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member

EXACTLY!

If the government comes to us and asks for billions to save Africa we will say no. But we will happily spend anything to save our own @sses, by stopping the disease in Africa.

So they drum up the scare and let people into our country so we spend money while putting us at risk.

E

Users who are viewing this thread