Edmunds test: ZR1 vs. GTR

25psi

Established Member
One lap of america= multiple sized tracks:coolman: and still posted faster lap times.How about you post some videos/comparisons/real world of a stock z06 posting faster Road course times then a stock GTR.

I'll be waiting :lol:. This might take awhile

25psi

Established Member
Actually at my track 2 brand new ones ran 13s back to back without launch control.. :lol1: I'm willing to bet well over 50% of them run 12s. Judging by the cars they lose to they don't seem like solid 11 second runners at all. In fact the BASE c6 seems more of an 11 second car than the GTR, forget about ZR1s & Z06s.

Rednecks on the Runway:::Hertz Vette vs Nissan GTR- Video

You forgot to mention this:

Hertz rental C6 vs GTR (Not the nitrous video!) - Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos

Bone Stock Hertz rented Vette takes on a cpu upgraded GTR....We had a perfect 10 launch, meanwhile the GTR was hot from running before and NOT using the launch control had a bad take off....
I am the camera man, I wish I couldve taken my Vette down to S. Florida......I would have deff kicked asss.......and made some TT exotics sweat it out. Maybe next year.

What about this vid:

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nissan-GTR-R35-VS-Z06_195408.htm]Nissan GTR R35 VS Z06 Drag Race- Video[/ame]

mustangbee

Established Member
well the one thing i hated about the Z i drove was its almost scary in the twistes(backroads in this case). the tq in such a light car can be a blessing, powering in and out of corners, but it can also be your death..
the GTR makes it easy, and thats a good thing, everything is assisted unlike the Z, which is almost all driver, which i come to my point, the Z could probably put up the same times or faster than the GTR on alot of road courses, if you can find someone crazy enough to do it.. potential wise, i say its right there with the GTR in its best suite.. i didnt take the Z to its limits, but enough where i could tell i needed practice, alot of it..

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Posted in another thread .. but relevant here.

For those of you who wonder 'why' Nissan built this car, or what arena this car excels in ... not the vid. And you know, when they were assembling the best handling cars ... it seems they left out some cars in the price range. This is a good summary of what this car was truly intended for ...

Warning ... no roll races, or drag racing are included ... :)[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qreQwTeaVWY&feature=channel]YouTube - Nissan GT-R v the World: GT-R v R8 v 911 v STI v Evo v Elise[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnUlxANbWs&feature=related]YouTube - Nissan GT-R vs Porsche 911 GT2 vs Viper SRT-10 Corvette Z06[/ame]

Note the comments around performance versus ability to ream out the times. This is as real world as you are going to get for us 'common' track stars.

Lankhoss

Established Member
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This stupid debate has been posted on every single car site, as well as SVTP multiple times already. All this crying and nutswinging has already been posted, linked, quoted, etc.

JUST STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!

Users who are viewing this thread