EDP 7475 Results

jassoom55

Established Member
This kit is garbage, I have had it since April trying to fix the issue, and the car is at the shop since then. let me tell you about the shipping of this kit. the only reason I did not order JPC or CPR is because they told me its gonna take more than 4 weeks to get it at that time, so I called EDP and they told me its in stock so I went for it. that was the biggest mistake of my life. first I just got the intercooler and the turbo it self, then I got the couple of the pipes, 2 weeks later I got the rest of the pipe. of course no fittings, air filter, coolant tank was missing, and a lot of things I waited more than 2 month to get the full kit. and the down pipe won't fit so I had to replace. PLUS, they lied to me, as you can see they are claiming its all 304 stainless in the hot side pipings and aluminum in the cold side. but what I got is a cheap mild steel and EDP won't replace till now and every time I talk to Danny At EDP they tell ow its shipped, thats the last time I heard anything from him, not answering since then. after installing everything, and putting the car on dyno. here we go again, a problem with the kit, I have changed both waste gates, BOV, tried 3 different tuners, bigger Down pipe, but the issue remain. I spent money on this kit, that I have could have way better kit with extras. Im desperate, I think what I'm going to do, is get JPC pipings and intercooler since I have the same turbo, waste gates, BOV, so I would end up having JPC's kit instead, a PROVEN KIT. if you want my advice about this kit, you already have it, if you want to know more about it send me a pm and I will be more than happy to reply. and BTW I got 2 kits from Danny at EDP, one for me and for my friend, mine on a built engine and his is stock and we are both having the same problem. and also I have tried to get my money back with not even the full amount and EDP refused.

IMG_9932.jpegIMG_2920.jpegIMG_3846.jpegIMG_5811.jpeg

Last edited:

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
This kit is garbage, I have had it since April trying to fix the issue, and the car is at the shop since then. let me tell you about the shipping of this kit. the only reason I did not order JPC or CPR is because they told me its gonna take more than 4 weeks to get it at that time, so I called EDP and they told me its in stock so I went for it. that was the biggest mistake of my life. first I just got the intercooler and the turbo it self, then I got the couple of the pipes, 2 weeks later I got the rest of the pipe. of course no fittings, air filter, coolant tank was missing, and a lot of things I waited more than 2 month to get the full kit. and the down pipe won't fit so I had to replace. PLUS, they lied to me, as you can see they are claiming its all 304 stainless in the hot side pipings and aluminum in the cold side. but what I got is a cheap mild steel and EDP won't replace till now and every time I talk to Danny At EDP they tell ow its shipped, thats the last time I heard anything from him, not answering since then. after installing everything, and putting the car on dyno. here we go again, a problem with the kit, I have changed both waste gates, BOV, tried 3 different tuners, bigger Down pipe, but the issue remain. I spent money on this kit, that I have could have way better kit with extras. Im desperate, I think what I'm going to do, is get JPC pipings and intercooler since I have the same turbo, waste gates, BOV, so I would end up having JPC's kit instead, a PROVEN KIT. if you want my advice about this kit, you already have it, if you want to know more about it send me a pm and I will be more than happy to reply. and BTW I got 2 kits from Danny at EDP, one for me and for my friend, mine on a built engine and his is stock and we are both having the same problem. and also I have tried to get my money back with not even the full amount and EDP refused.

View attachment 50490View attachment 50491View attachment 50492View attachment 50493

It's not uncommon for stainless to surface rust when "contaminated" with carbon. Cheaper 304 will do this. The pipes in your pics do appear to be stainless. Just really cheap stainless.
I bought my kit through Beefacke back in March. Originally ordered the 7475 kit. Kit showed up with no turbo. Supposedly precision was out of 7475 housings?
Danny "upgraded" me to the 7675 cea and had me a turbo in 2 days. Intercooler was beat up pretty bad due to everything being backed in 1 thing box and nothing protected very well. Danny reached out to me letting me know a few things forgot to ship. That's when I noticed the small things missing also. Air line, fittings, ect. Most of it was there tho and he got everything I needed within a few weeks.
We agreed I'd pay him 200$ more for the bigger turbo. But since the IC was dinged up we agreed to squash the 200$ if I kept the IC.

Upon start up the turbo was puking oil pretty bad. Tried to reach out and got no where. Precision customer service is a JOKE! Ended up sending the unit to Reed @ Work Turbochargers and dropping about 400$ to have it completely re machined, rebuilt, and coated.

Now it sits! Its been fired up a few times but that's about it. I'm not even going to try and drive or pull it until I get a 3.5" down pipe that is supposedly being made rite now.

I gave 5500$ for the kit and have dumped another 600$ in other stuff trying to get it on the road.......

Basically I've been told "how do you know yours will have the issue if you haven't pulled it yet"?

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Sai is tuning my car. I'm planning to get it over to finishline and do a few pulls on their dyno if they will allow it. I didn't plan on dyno'ing the car as Sai is very capable of getting it dialed in on the street/track.
This shop is beef's pit crew and are EDP dealers.
I'm hoping that if the issue does come up that I won't be out of pocket hundreds even thousands of dollars. I'll pay for the dyno time and the 3.5" down pipe. But that's about it!
I'm hoping this is being read and a plan is in motion?
By the time it's all said and done I'll be kicking 10,000$ in the ass

Big Q

Established Member

View attachment 50490View attachment 50491View attachment 50492View attachment 50493

Sent you a PM bud...

Tx5.0

Established Member
How come EDP isn't chiming in on this here?

I know a guy with a boss who bought this kit and should be doing the install pretty soon. I hope hes been current on these threads lately.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
i want to see the car pulled longer with the pipe in place of the IC! The pressure drop was reduced by 2 psi correct? 6 to 4? 4 (or 3.8) being the limit (max)that most turbo manufactures recommend..
The comp outlet is 3" and tb is 4". There are 3 90's (2 3" and 1 4").
I find it unlikely that the piping and couplings on the cold side are effecting volumetric efficacy and or pressure.
I'd be very interested in also seeing the temp of the air at the compressor and the air temp at the tb.

Big Q

Established Member
How come EDP isn't chiming in on this here?

I know a guy with a boss who bought this kit and should be doing the install pretty soon. I hope hes been current on these threads lately.

I bet I know why! If I was a shop owner who "designed" my kit I sure as hell wouldn't choose to remain silent while user upon user comes in and talks about all the issues they are having with the kit. It's funny, some guys have reached out to me in pm's and email and the experiences are identical, ya buddy we'll get you taken care of, oh my phone has been acting up, damn shipping company must have lost it. Holy shit it's like deja vu.....

Big Q

Established Member
i want to see the car pulled longer with the pipe in place of the IC! The pressure drop was reduced by 2 psi correct? 6 to 4? 4 (or 3.8) being the limit (max)that most turbo manufactures recommend..
I find it unlikely that the piping and couplings on the cold side are effecting volumetric efficacy and or pressure.
I'd be very interested in also seeing the temp of the air at the compressor and the air temp at the tb.

I'll hit up 402, he has pretty much stopped testing my car as there is no point in going forward.

Established Member

Apoaretly my counting skills must be lacking. I see a lot more bends than that... lol

On my setups I dont see anything over 2 psi drop. But then again I don't use this small of shit with this many bends.
I haven't been measuring air temps at the cover, only seeing 160 degrees in the intake though with no intercooler. Not near as bad as I thought. I have pulled to 7 a few times just don't have the graph displayed.

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
I think id cut my losses and have all the piping remade by a shop that knows what they are doing. Obviously they didnt size shit right to be having this much backpressure issues on even a stock motor low boost setup.

Established Member
I think id cut my losses and have all the piping remade by a shop that knows what they are doing. Obviously they didnt size shit right to be having this much backpressure issues on even a stock motor low boost setup.

That's what it's coming down too, any more money and I could build him a new kit from scratch.
I still haven't seen any data that tells us the hotside is wrong, maybe the exhaust side of the turbo eventually.

JTS_7

Established Member
Yikes.

Still doesn't explain to me how some people "claim" not to have this issue. If it's truly something to do with the hard parts of the kit..... Lol

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
I stated there are only 3 90 bends. The rest are 30's and a 45. Most of which are pretty smooth transitions. Except for maybe the 90's into and out of the IC?
The pressure will drop as the air cools. I'd be curious to see the difference in temp and see if this is actually the route cause?
Swap that 7475 for a 7675 cea. I'd almost bet that pressure drop would get better.
It may be a case where the 7475 is flat out being over worked and operating out side of its efficiency?
Would be nice to have a compressor map with these PTE's lol

I'm simply throwing things out there. Most of what I say is in the form of a question.

Established Member
I stated there are only 3 90 bends. The rest are 30's and a 45. Most of which are pretty smooth transitions. Except for maybe the 90's into and out of the IC?
The pressure will drop as the air cools. I'd be curious to see the difference in temp and see if this is actually the route cause?
Swap that 7475 for a 7675 cea. I'd almost bet that pressure drop would get better.
It may be a case where the 7475 is flat out being over worked and operating out side of its efficiency?
Would be nice to have a compressor map with these PTE's lol

I'm simply throwing things out there. Most of what I say is in the form of a question.

7475 to a 7675 using the same exhaust housing isnt going to change anything unless you went to a different ar or different t4 housing... But i do believe the turbo selection is a bit small for this engine. I am coming from an lsx background so my knowledge is limited on the actual engine but a 7675 wouldn't even be considered in a single turbo setup for someone looking for this much power.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Would be safe to assume anyone claiming 1000+whp with the 7675 cea on this engine would be full of it lol

What I find interesting is the EDP stuff for the 15's is much larger. Turbo, piping, ect ect......

Established Member
Would be safe to assume anyone claiming 1000+whp with the 7675 cea on this engine would be full of it lol

What I find interesting is the EDP stuff for the 15's is much larger. Turbo, piping, ect ect......

This engine moves way too much air to even remotely touch 1000whp on a 7675 IMHO. This engine is seriously acting more like my lsx stuff or bigger cube stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread