EFA vs MACA May24th Official Thread!!!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Mike, are you seriously going to run a KB equiped car in the 13.5 class. I thought you got all your issues worked out.

Car runs fine, but the trans is toast. If you really REALLY pull on the shifter, you can force it into the next gear in a reasonable amount of time, but basically shifting the car quickly is akin to slamming the shift knob into a brick wall. It goes in when it's ready. So I'm guessing that it'll be in the 13.50 class due to the length of time between shifts..but who knows, maybe it'll be in the 12's.

TRBO VNM

I may actually be able to attend. don't put me down as going, but I may actually be able to make it. although...hahaha, I need someone to come get me and my car. I don't think they check for licenses at the track, do they. lol MVA owns me.....

TRBO VNM

LOL! Having fun driving to work are we?

not really. hitch a ride and sleep. :D

Only at the go-kart tracks :poke:

Bwahahahaha!

apparently not even there if MACA is involved. that was freaking hilarious. I am surprised it wasn't caught on film. definitely instant classic. I can only imagine my facial expression. so you wanna blow your car up for good or come get me? lol

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
not really. hitch a ride and sleep. :D

apparently not even there if MACA is involved. that was freaking hilarious. I am surprised it wasn't caught on film. definitely instant classic. I can only imagine my facial expression. so you wanna blow your car up for good or come get me? lol

He'll get you, but only if he can race your car instead of his own...:poke:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am not up to speed on the TRBO VNM, MVA debacle. Is this a private issue?

Mike, you need to change the phrase under your screen name to " Slowest KB equiped car in the country ".

TRBO VNM

I am not up to speed on the TRBO VNM, MVA debacle. Is this a private issue?

Mike, you need to change the phrase under your screen name to " Slowest KB equiped car in the country ".

sorta, just did something stupid and stuck dealing with it now.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

Yeah, I wish someone did get that on film, but it probably would have made it too obvious. The attendants at the track did an awesome job of selling it though. You were just like "WTF!"

As far as racing, I'd really like to do as much as possible with my car. Maybe after we get to the track, someone can take a quick cruise to your place to pick you up before it opens. All I know is I'm sooo glad to be back in my own car. While yours is obviously much faster, I like the way mine rides and drives 100x better.

roush24

Established Member
hmmm count me in although i like the idea of bringin the L instead of the cobra. if i can get slicks for it ill be in the 12.50 index. if i bring the cobra ill be in the 11.50 praying on the stagin lines for it to hook up with the new drag radials.

roush24

Established Member
Is there any way we could keep a lane dedicated to just open runs? Meaning no index and no bracket, just kind of like an open session time run lane for the day?

+1 that would be cool. ne verdict on that yet?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

It's a no go on that. How are we supposed to do the bracket racing and index runs with just one lane? Kind of defeats the purpose. You'll just have to do well in the competition so you get more runs in. Last year I got 2nd place in the 13.50 index and the bracket race, so I had over 20 runs over the course of the day. :thumbsup:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

That won't happen. Once the competition starts both lanes will be dedicated to racing, and the lanes won't open up for "open session" again until after the competition completes, if time permits. Sorry I didn't answer that one sooner, I could have given a definitive on that one immediately had I seen it.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

As far as racing, I'd really like to do as much as possible with my car. Maybe after we get to the track, someone can take a quick cruise to your place to pick you up before it opens. All I know is I'm sooo glad to be back in my own car. While yours is obviously much faster, I like the way mine rides and drives 100x better.

hahaha, thats cause you don't know how to drive it. I can drive it with basically no driveline clunk. then again, I have had 4 of these damn things. lol and I haven't had the time to test out the shocks/struts yet

roush24

Established Member
That won't happen. Once the competition starts both lanes will be dedicated to racing, and the lanes won't open up for "open session" again until after the competition completes, if time permits. Sorry I didn't answer that one sooner, I could have given a definitive on that one immediately had I seen it.

Yeah i guess i wasnt thinking that one thru very much. Any word on if there will be some lightnings there? i would really rather bring my L than my cobra i havent got to race it on the track yet and im curious how deep it will run.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Absolutely!!!! Kenny, I don't even want to tell them about the first time we went to the track in June, 04'.....All I'll say is that my first run was as follows:

14.305 @ 117.48 w/ 2.75 60'!!! And that was with 455 RWHP....... But, I got a little better as the day wore on. ;-)

And Ken, every time I watch your car run, it's more and more impressive. Heck, it was running just as good, if not better, when you backed down the 2-step and started getting ready for next Monday. Awesome setup. Good luck Saturday.........:rockon:

Thanks DG, wish you could make it Saturday. I remember that day well, I was just glad I didnt break anything. Eventually we got this whole drag racing thing figured out.:-D

I'm doing all I can to make it. Right now it is out of my hands as I am waiting for parts.

I want to get a good look at your new car, so even if I can't get my car together, I might come down and watch.

Good deal man, look forward to seeing you down there.

Hey Mike, how many cars do they(EFA) have running outlaw? I was over there trolling some today but didnt see a list of who all was racing.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks DG, wish you could make it Saturday. I remember that day well, I was just glad I didnt break anything. Eventually we got this whole drag racing thing figured out.:-D

Hey Mike, how many cars do they(EFA) have running outlaw? I was over there trolling some today but didnt see a list of who all was racing.

Ken, that's a good question. I've asked Moose a couple of times, but I don't think that he's keeping a tally like we are. There are normally only a couple, so your chances are good.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member

I know mightymouse (silver turbo trans am on 17's) is planning on being there again. Last I had seen, he had really sorted out some of his issues and was running closer to 9.0 at about 155. That was the end of last season so I don't know if he stepped anything up.

Usually some other random cars show up, so you never know what you are going to be dealing with until that day.

I'm still waiting on all of my parts, but if I get everything back by Friday, I'll work as long as I have to in order to get the car up and running.

So, the big question is: If everything is back together, do I run the car on the 17s or on the alumastars?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
not sure if anyone has asked or posted up about this, but how much for spectators? I was thinking of bringing a buddy or my girlfriend along to watch

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I know mightymouse (silver turbo trans am on 17's) is planning on being there again. Last I had seen, he had really sorted out some of his issues and was running closer to 9.0 at about 155. That was the end of last season so I don't know if he stepped anything up.

Usually some other random cars show up, so you never know what you are going to be dealing with until that day.

I'm still waiting on all of my parts, but if I get everything back by Friday, I'll work as long as I have to in order to get the car up and running.

So, the big question is: If everything is back together, do I run the car on the 17s or on the alumastars?

Hmm...we'll the 17's look impressive as hell, but we've all seen that. I say go for the alumastars and see what she'll do.

not sure if anyone has asked or posted up about this, but how much for spectators? I was thinking of bringing a buddy or my girlfriend along to watch

I believe it's 10 bucks per.

Users who are viewing this thread