Electric Cooling Fan

hotcobra03

Established Member
My last 1 was oem motorcraft..

after I got it some threads popped up for fan from dorman

side by side pics showed they looked identical. .

dorman fan was under 100..

you will also find in how to section..upgrade to mark8 fan.

I think this might pull more air but not a direct fit

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would not install anything other than the factory (or similar) fan. I provides very low restriction when the car is moving. I would avoid any shrouded fan of one with a high currant draw.

racebronco2

Established Member
The Mark VIII fan does have shroud and does pull high amps only on fan startup but quickly the draw goes down to less than 30amps. I ran this fan for years. It pulls alot of air. With the real heat extractor hood you can feel the airflow even by the drivers mirror. I ran this fan for about 10 years mostly open tracking. Best fan you can buy. Ran my cobra in all temps from 30 Degree to about 108 degrees. Open tracking, mile runs, 1/2 mile roll runs and autoxing. Should most of the vettes my tail lights too many times to count.

Rooster1969

Established Member
Damn shame I traded my 98 LSC in on the Cobra. Car has been sitting for 6 months, decided to fire it up and let it run before re-plating it..... As soon as it hit temp, the fan popped..... Added bonus, it`s now on the back burner as my daily driver just got hit..... when it rains, it pours...

Thanks for the replies, I`ve been slacking on my reading as I`ve lst interest in the car...

Users who are viewing this thread