Enclosed trailers and 00 "R" models

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Looking for proven solution to loading a Cobra "R" without touching front splitter. I have a Haulmark 28' with standard 18" flap. Want to avoid carrying wooden boards. Any pics would be helpful!

Thanks Mike

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Pitpal makes two different style of folding ramp extensions for your drop down tailgate. The first one is a full width unit (CLICK HERE)

700.jpg

The second one uses two separate folding ramp extensions (CLICK HERE)

702.jpg

I've used this one with my last twenty foot enclosed trailer, it worked great for loading ultra low (IE" race lowered) ground clearance toys.

Bill S.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Bill, I like the full width ramps. I could use it for any size vehicle. How heavy does it make the rear door? Thanks for the pictures and the help you guys!

Mike

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Bill, I like the full width ramps. I could use it for any size vehicle. How heavy does it make the rear door? Thanks for the pictures and the help you guys!

Mike

It was around 50-75lbs and required the spring tensioner to be readjusted by my trailer shop. Pretty simple with the piano hinge set up.

Bill S.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Bill, Thanks for the help. I'm thinking the larger flap is the way to go. I appreciate your input and help.

Thank you Mike

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Keep in mind that large flap will need to be on very level ground so you don't twist it out of shape. The individual ramps would be easier to "shim" for uneven ground.

Tom

oldmodman

Established Member
For one of my trailers I had the mfgs make my folding ramp four feet long instead of 16 inches. And I had taller rubber blocks attached to the rear door next to the hinges. So now I have a lower overall ramp angle and a lower drop after the hinge. Only cost $125.00 more when ordering the trailer. Sorry, don't have any pics, the trailer is loaned out to a Bonneville racer friend in Iowa.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
For one of my trailers I had the mfgs make my folding ramp four feet long instead of 16 inches. And I had taller rubber blocks attached to the rear door next to the hinges. So now I have a lower overall ramp angle and a lower drop after the hinge. Only cost $125.00 more when ordering the trailer. Sorry, don't have any pics, the trailer is loaned out to a Bonneville racer friend in Iowa.

Excellent point on the larger rubber bumper blocks for the top of the door. I have them as well as a 2' flap on my new trailer and I can get in an out pretty easily on most locations.

Users who are viewing this thread