Engine is toast

Ignotbullet

Established Member
No pics yet but my engine let go. I'm thinking a good size hole in the block due to all the oil and coolant that spewed out. Not sure exactly what caused it yet but I will find out, but probably the biggest factor is 15 bottles of 175 shot.

Ignotbullet

Established Member
Yea it let go half way down the track. (1/8 track) But I think the real trouble was with the trans shifting for some reason I almost never get clean shifts on spray going down the track and right before the engine let go there was delayed 2-3 shift and because of the delay it hit the rev limiter for .25 of a sec then boom .5 after that

Ignotbullet

Established Member
Yes I had a NOS Mini progressive controller. This event was a no time arm drop race but When I raced at Beech bend last year the car ran a 10.44 at 131mph and 6.69 at 106.8mph with the 3.15 rear gears and 750psi bottle pressure.

robbinthehood

Established Member
Were you by chance in Douglas? Saw a silver gt blow today at the track. Sorry to hear about the motor

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Yes I had a NOS Mini progressive controller. This event was a no time arm drop race but When I raced at Beech bend last year the car ran a 10.44 at 131mph and 6.69 at 106.8mph with the 3.15 rear gears and 750psi bottle pressure.

750? Shouldn't it be 950 or higher?

Sorry to hear about the carnage.

Ignotbullet

Established Member
Yes normally I spray at 950 but I had no bottle heater nor a torch so I feel like I could have easily dipped into the .30's or .20's with higher bottle pressure.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Have to ask since im on the road to get nitrous, what king of power was it making ? Sorey to hear this man, good luck.

itSSlow98

Established Member
If you had a window switch it should have cut the nitrous before the rev limiter so that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Ignotbullet

Established Member
Yes it should have cut out at 7600 and redline was 7800 but there is still some in the hard line and intake mani so always a possibility

Users who are viewing this thread