Engine Oil Priming, How to?

hitmix300

Established Member
The oil pump won't make pressure by Just cranking. When assembling the engine I use assembly lube and oil. I fill my my oil filter with new oil also tho. When it's time to start it, I just do.

To answer you; I don't prime the oil system.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I use a cheap garden sprayer from lowes, a little clear hose and the appropriate fittings from the plumbing section. The fitting goes into the oil pressure sending port then hose clamp thenother end into the clear hose and clamp the clear hose onto the sprayer. Fill with however much oil, pressurize and spray oil into engine

Cost me under $20 if I recall

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Motive Products 1740 Power Fill, i just picked that up and ill see how that works pretty sure itll be perfect. Thanks for the info.

AKDMB

Established Member
I use a cheap garden sprayer from lowes, a little clear hose and the appropriate fittings from the plumbing section. The fitting goes into the oil pressure sending port then hose clamp thenother end into the clear hose and clamp the clear hose onto the sprayer. Fill with however much oil, pressurize and spray oil into engine

Cost me under $20 if I recall

I did the same thing. We didn't have to pump it terribly long. A few minutes after we stopped pumping while the system was still under pressure, we saw/heard oil squirting out of the cam phaser on the passenger side, we already had the oil cap off so we could watch for oil flow. Motor hasn't been run all that much except for a few idles, but it seems healthy.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I discussed it with my builder and he said it works just fine for people who can't justify an expensive pump

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I use assembly lube with the new engine and then just crank the engine over a couple times with the FPDM unplugged, then start it.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Brake and throttle same time to the floor. Release accelerator when ready to start. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread