Engine Support Bar Chain Mount Loaction

Termilvr

Established Member
Like the title says where is the best place to attach the chains to the front of the motor? I will be dropping my k-member to install some headers this weekend.
pics would be a plus

TRBO VNM

Just posted this up in another thread a couple days ago.

bolts that go through the timing chain cover and into the head or block are the best.

Termilvr

Established Member
Just posted this up in another thread a couple days ago.

bolts that go through the timing chain cover and into the head or block are the best.

ahh... i forgot about theat thread, i posted a pic in there, can you confirm that the location i am thinking of is correct?
thanks

black 10th vert

Established Member
ahh... i forgot about theat thread, i posted a pic in there, can you confirm that the location i am thinking of is correct?
thanks

Which thread was it? This timely for me as I plan to do this over this winter too for my header and poly mount install.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Get the engine support bar from harbor freight, best tool i have ever bought, makes dropping the k frame a breeze...i attached the chains to the coolant cross over tube studs i always leave a tranny jack under the trans for extra safety regardless.

ltinstall.jpg

ltinstall2.jpg

ltinstall5.jpg

ltinstall6.jpg

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Or you could do it the Ford way if you can score the factory engine lift brackets. I keep a set handy just in case...

EngineLiftBrackets.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread