Engine upgrade 2000 cobra`R?

Norway`R #129

Established Member
Hi all Mustang enthusiasts.
I recently imported a 2000 cobra R to Norway and need some tips on what I should buy of tuning upgrades so I can get the most hp out of the 5.4 liter engine.
I do not want to disassemble the engine or put on a turbo / supercharger just a chip / programmer and anything else that will help.

I'm going on holiday to Florida and going to buy some parts on the trip so if you have a tuning shop that you can recommend I appreciate it.

Best regards
Eivind

Sorry about my bad english, google translate is my best tool ...:read:

Saleenrose

Established Member
Diablosport Tuning, or SCT, Full Tilt Boogie Intake Tube, 90mm MAF Sensor, Bassani X Pipe, and Cat Back(Obsolete), Dyno Tuning time. Can get about 400ish at rear wheels.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome Eivind,
It may take a month or so before the driver reaches the potential of the car. There is some "push" or "tight" dialed in by the factory.

We've found that very low tyre pressures are good (really low) unless the track is wet.

I understand that the car works well with good rain tires (tyres) in Euro competition.

Please post some pictures.

Norway`R #129

Established Member
Hey.

Here is # 129 It arrived in Oslo this June. I bought it from a car shop in MT Clemens, MI. over the net. There was a small gambel but there are not many out there for sale at a reasonable price.

The car has 62,000 mile on it and the paint is a bit flat and it got a dent in the rocker panel on the driver side. The driver's seat is a bit worn but the engine seems very good.

All this will be fixed including subframe connectors and full respray of the car. (Original color).

I'm a bit unsure but I do not think there are any 00 cobra R in Scandinavia or maybe not in Europe. Do any of you know this?

Eivind

GetAttachment.aspx

TFStang

Established Member
Congrats on your purchase! For some reason, I can't see the pic in your post. You will have a great time with this car. It is super rare here in the States. I can't imagine many in Norway will even know what it is.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Norway`R #129

Established Member
You definitely want to get rid of the OEM exhaust. That is highly restrictive. However, the Bassani X pipe is going to be difficult to find. :( Eliminating the cats will be a plus so hopefully you don't have to run cats there across the pond? ;-)

For info on the 90mm MAF kits, check out this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobra-rs-25/343370-2000-r-90mm-maf-intake-set-up.html

Good luck!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Bruce,

Can you put together a 90mm MAF with Marv `s SCT X-Cal II programs and Complete IRS Bushing Kit: FT 5001 and send it to an address in Florida so I can pick it up on my holiday? I'll be in Florida from 18.oct to 30.oct.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Damn I love this R forum.

It just gives me the warm fuzzies with all the love....

Congrats on the 00R Norway. I am sure it will be super rare over there.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread