EPA to Start Aggressively Enforcing Emission Defeat Devices

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was at Monster Jam this past weekend and noticed that they have Cats on the ends of their headers.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Cats or "mufflers"?

You know, I guess they could have been bullet mufflers. Cat's just made more sense to me over muffling a track that, even with a muffler is still loud enough to make my ears ring.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
I was at Monster Jam this past weekend and noticed that they have Cats on the ends of their headers.

i think they run on meth which burns pretty clean. also, anybody who thinks an engine shooting fire out of it can have cats for long doesn't know much about the subject.

also they make 4 digits of power. also... monster trucks.

guys, they aren't coming for nascar. we make almost no air pollution compared to the rest of the planet.

everything's gonna be okay.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don't think they would worry about the cats lasting for long, as they probably would change them after every run. I don't think they would be your typical DOT approved cat either.

chao5.0

Established Member

Those are mufflers and those engines run on methanol which burns cleaner than gasoline. You couldn't run cats on those engines because they would burn them up in no time and that is not a consumable item they are willing to spend on. Not all the trucks have the 4 into 1 header either, some engine builders are going back to the zoomie style header.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
See post #245

Those are mufflers and those engines run on methanol which burns cleaner than gasoline. You couldn't run cats on those engines because they would burn them up in no time and that is not a consumable item they are willing to spend on. Not all the trucks have the 4 into 1 header either, some engine builders are going back to the zoomie style header.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Any ability for someone to file a lawsuit on these assholes? Id like to see them start enforcing enviro laws on the world's largest producer of toxic emmissions: China. Then come be an asshole telling me how my car is the problem. Go **** yourself EPA.

The only problem with your argument is that whole concept called 'sovereignty'. The EPA can't regulate what happens in China. But you're exactly right, they're polluting the hell out of the entire world, stealing our intellectual property left and right, and rapidly modernizing and expanding their military, they're even currently producing the equivalent of a Ford-class aircraft carrier due to their massive espionage. /off-topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

All the idiots "rolling coal" ruined the entire tuning industry for everybody.

People like that will always ruin everything for everybody.

The only hope we have to stave this off is to promote E85 conversions. That will shut the rabid environmentalists off. After all we are all looking for more efficiency for our engines, it's for very different reasons but still...

These are sad days, we're in the final 5-7 years of the internal combustion engine. We're seeing the aftermarket killed right in front of our eyes. Often-times it's the party in power that you least expect that makes the most aggressive moves to curtail the things you never thought they would. This is one of those examples...

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread