Eric Garner's $75 million civil-suit

OhIIICobra

Established Member
$75 Million seems to be the magic number for the recent civil suits that are being filed. I'm a little baffled at how they arrive at such an absurdly high amount.

http://news.yahoo.com/family-hires-lawyer-75-million-york-chokehold-lawsuit-214633159.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/29/ezell-ford-shooting/?intcmp=latestnews

In contrast a military service member with 6 kids who maxes out their life insurance and gets killed by an IED is worth $400K before taxes. Somehow a career criminal who is unemployed is worth $75 million? There is something definitely wrong with that.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Paul,

this is getting old. stop it.

This-will-be-the-sixth-time-we-have-created-a-thread-about-it.jpg

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Paul,

this is getting old. stop it.

So two separate African-American families across the country asking for $75M is normal ops?

Maybe you will get a special tax assessment from your municipality to help pay your portion of the next $75,000,000 dead black guy that quits breathing in your neck of the woods.

Sorry residents of New York and Los Angeles, we won't be building those 3 new schools we needed...yep another $75M black dude resisted arrest. Please pay the enclosed criminal death tax of $8.92 and $19.33 respectively.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
The thing I find funny is these people can sue so much because the guy resisted arrest. Yet my videographer for my wedding lost my video and I can only sue just for the money I paid. No emotional, lost memories recoup. Yeah something is terribly wrong with our system.

verbal

Established Member
$75 Million seems to be the magic number for the recent civil suits that are being filed. I'm a little baffled at how they arrive at such an absurdly high amount.

Benjamin Crump. He is the same attorney for Martin, Brown, and Gardner. He does not have a very good win record so far...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The lawsuit is asking for $75M. Let's just wait and see what actually happens in court.

Machdup1

Established Member
The only thing that is certain is that at least one lawyer will get rich off these lawsuits.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
Yeah this is getting kinda old. Also like somebody already said, because they ask for that amount doesn't mean they will get it.

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Life insurance payouts aren't taxed.

wife from california got half mil in insurance policy payout. IRS came after us like there was no tomorrow. every time we took a withdrawl from the bank, we got hit. im still paying the IRS 11 years later for shit from that. bout got it paid off. tried to hire a tax atty and they wouldnt touch it.

Users who are viewing this thread