Even better.........

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
LOL, wow, just keeps getting better and better!

i think they're talking about the C&D lightning lap results, where the boss 302LS ran in 2012 and the fastest GT500 ran in 2011. the 302LS put down a 3:02.8 lap while the GT500 put down a 3:04.0 lap. BUT these 2 lap times were set on different days, which completely nullifies the comparison altogether. those C5 "road course fanboys"(i bet the number that have even been to a track can be counted on one hand:rollseyes) can't grasp that track times can vary by NUMEROUS SECONDS based solely on weather and track conditions(let me know if you haven't seen "the" nurburgring article:lol1:).
for example, in '07 the Z51 vette ran a 3:03.6, but in '08 it ran a 3:01.2. are you telling me that GM made enough changes to the car in 1 model year that it gained 2.4 seconds WITHOUT a HP bump or stickier set of tires? or could it just happen that the 2008 lightning lap had more favorable track/weather conditions? hmmm.
another one; in 2007 the GT500('07 or '08 model year) ran a 3:05.9, but in 2010 the GT500(2010 model year) ran a 3:07.4. of course the 2010 GT500 had gained 40HP and MUCH improved suspension tuning over the '07-'09 GT500s, yet it ran 1.5 seconds slower. is the 2010 GT500 actually worse than the 2007, or was the track/weather conditions more favorable in '07? or did they even maybe have a better driver in '07? HMMM.
their logic is so flawed it's not even ****ing funny.

Good points. I think GM has learned to use their Famers Almanac to predict the best track days. LOL

nice numbers from the car anyway you slice it.

Tut in a real side by side comparo, with equal driver, atmospheric and road conditions, it would seem the Gt500 would be FAR superior in any kind of race, be it drag or road course.

BossAnaki

Established Member

i think they're talking about the C&D lightning lap results, where the boss 302LS ran in 2012 and the fastest GT500 ran in 2011. the 302LS put down a 3:02.8 lap while the GT500 put down a 3:04.0 lap. BUT these 2 lap times were set on different days, which completely nullifies the comparison altogether. those C5 "road course fanboys"(i bet the number that have even been to a track can be counted on one hand:rollseyes) can't grasp that track times can vary by NUMEROUS SECONDS based solely on weather and track conditions(let me know if you haven't seen "the" nurburgring article:lol1:).
for example, in '07 the Z51 vette ran a 3:03.6, but in '08 it ran a 3:01.2. are you telling me that GM made enough changes to the car in 1 model year that it gained 2.4 seconds WITHOUT a HP bump or stickier set of tires? or could it just happen that the 2008 lightning lap had more favorable track/weather conditions? hmmm.
another one; in 2007 the GT500('07 or '08 model year) ran a 3:05.9, but in 2010 the GT500(2010 model year) ran a 3:07.4. of course the 2010 GT500 had gained 40HP and MUCH improved suspension tuning over the '07-'09 GT500s, yet it ran 1.5 seconds slower. is the 2010 GT500 actually worse than the 2007, or was the track/weather conditions more favorable in '07? or did they even maybe have a better driver in '07? HMMM.

This^^I tried to tell a friend more than a year ago that those time were almost meaningless for comparison due to the fact that the cars were not tested the same day by the same driver. He could not wrap his head around this. There are just to many variables that can change and affect lap times. The same thing will also apply at the dragstrip.

Last edited:

All-Or-Nothing

Established Member
And it comes out a mere couple of months after the "2012" ZL1.

They are direct competitors and the GT500 looks to eat its direct competition for lunch.

funny how C5 members and GM guys in general all want to compare the brand new ZL1 that JUST came out to a car that has essentially ended its model year run.

The 2013 Ford and 2012 chevy are chronological competitors, despite the year number.

I wonder how much money GM has paid out to keep the magazines from compairing the 2012 ZL1 with the 2012 GT500. They probably have a team dedicated JUST to preventing this comparison from taking place.

Panzerfaust

Established Member

Don't forget about dust getting on the track. Dust is always a factor....:rolling:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Boy, this winner never quits.

Funny...a word you like to use...I didn't start any of this on this site...it was the Dearborn Dandies who invaded this territory to tell us simpletons what a fine outstanding piece of horse-flesh this soon-coming Stang is, and that we should head to the Arc before the Ford Flood arrives!!!

Got my galoshes on, FFR. Best you find some water-wings...

Road course? ZL1...proven over the BOSS @ VIR...and Arizona, too. "Only by a few seconds", moaned the Ford fans. "Only", indeed...

1/4-mile? Only Ford guys seem to be REALLY excited about a more expen$ive nose-heavy night-MARE having some opportunity at possible redemption, there.

BALANCE. ZL1...in SPADES! After all, this is the new milennium, not the greaseball days of old...

For less dough...and no extra-cost band-aid options required...and no patchwork chili salesmen required.

I don't think there are words...................

40calcobra

Established Member

Yea I guess they didn't wanna cherry pick gene's lap

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
I think you underestimate the fervent blindly brand biased.

There is ALWAYS an excuse.

Ford sent a ringer.
Road course was a hp course instead of a handling course.
Ford sent a modified car.
The Ford driver was better.
The GT500's color is more aerodynamic than the ZL1's color.
The ZL1 had worn out tires/brakes/driver.
There was something wrong with that ZL1.
Was a 2013 GT500 compared to a 2012 ZL1.
Was a preproduction GT500 compared to a production ZL1.
ZL1 had bad gas.
It may be faster on the track and the dragstrip but it is still ugly, and you can't fix ugly.

And on, and on.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
This car is really going to be a special car, one for the ages. My favorite car of all time is the Ford GT and the 2013 GT500 will offer Ford GT levels of performance for less than half the price.

590rwhp, 570 rwtq, 200MPH top speed, 24MPG Hwy!!!!!

I'm going to sell my convertible and get one. Deep Impact Blue, stripe delete, PP, no other options. I've configured it several times on Ford's website. Will make financial arrangements over the coming months. Hats off Ford, fantastic job on this car!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone please start compiling a database of retarded comments from C5... I wanted to start awhile ago when the discussion was cost, but never did it.

Make sure the comments have the OP's screen name.

Then, after the magazines do their comparison and the GT500 beats the LaZy1, make an epic video with screen shots of quotes mixed in with performance reviews.

Would be beyond epic.

40calcobra

Established Member
Someone please start compiling a database of retarded comments from C5... I wanted to start awhile ago when the discussion was cost, but never did it.

Then, after the magazines do their comparison and the GT500 beats the LaZy1, make an epic video with screen shots of quotes mixed in with performance reviews.

Would be beyond epic.

This sounds like a winner!:beer:

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
This cant be the hp/tq gain from the rpm extension....I doubt the max torque rating is at 630 that high up in rpm range...more like 3k rpm for that tq number so I don't think its that

GarageLogic

Established Member

Would be beyond epic.
Just quote 3/4 ofthe posts of lowdown and blu maro demon over there and you could publish a book!

Captain Beyond

Established Member
This current generation Camaro really has no chance at outperforming the Mustang. From V6/V6 to GT/SS to GT500/ZL1, Camaro fails. Even if GM decides to put the current ZR1 engine in the ZL1, it would still have less HP and a 300 lb. disadvantage. Game over GM. :-D They can only hope to get back in the game with the next generation models.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
"Haters gon hate... Oh and i wouldnt call a 4 seat,SRA, 3800lb Mustang a sports car, but i totally understand why guys like you are. Cause u know the ZL1 doesnt compare to the Shelby. Lmao

Thats just sad. Everyone knows its always been Camaro vs Mustang. Now the mustang is soo much better than the Camaro performance wise that the Chevy swingers are comparing it to the Corvette. Ford should take this as the ultimate compliment.
"

posted by BigHemiSRT over at the nut house. someone tell this guy to come over here and hang out with the cool kids, LOL.

edit: and, on a side note, i think we all have a thing or two to learn from f ê r about real high level trolling, LMAO! you'll have them drinking kool-aid at f ê r-town pretty soon dude!!!

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I will never own a red car, even a Mustang because I am a firm believer that red cars are bad luck... However, that Candy Red is really starting to grow on me. Race Red is still a clear winner but the Candy really looks classy.

The white stripes make it pop.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Nobody can say for sure what dyno will read what. I'm sure they will vary greatly by city, shop and car. There's just going to be a lot of GT500s that are making 100 rwhp more than these ZL1s reading in the 4xx range. Combine that will the extra weight, and it's gonna get real ugly on the street.

I'm taking that to mean 590 average rwhp for the GT500! Which would be 670 flywheel at 12% driveline loss or 694 flywheel at 15%.

I'll take that giant stuffed panda now!

acrbill

Established Member
The road racing comments crack me up. "The Ford will never get its power to the ground"
Who the hell road races on stock tires? I am done drag racing my Mustang GT on stock tires because it is an exercise in futility and a safety hazard. Many years ago I bought a new Dodge Neon that was specifically optioned to be an autocrosser. It had extraordinarily expensive adjustable struts, 18 more HP and a few other bits. Another thing it came with was the cheapest tires known to man since any stock classed car would have its tires swapped out for R compounds.

Users who are viewing this thread