Even better.........

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I know the odds are against it when it comes time to putting the power down because Ford isn't going to throw the amount of money Ferrari does for R&D on each individual car, but if you look at the newer Ferraris it should be proof that big hp can be put to the ground on normal sized tire accomidated by LC and TC. The 458 at 570hp and a 295 rear tire puts the power down and the 599 with 670hp and a 315 rear puts the power down extraordinarily! How much power is the successor to the 599 gonna have, 700+? Like I said, these are extrmemly expensive cars with a lot of R&D but lets just say SVT got the formula right and got the launch control and traction control right. I think the possibility is there for this car to put the power down.

I suspect it is somewhat easier to accomplish with about 400 lbs less mass to get moving, but I hope you are correct.

mgmustang1

Established Member
I wonder what Zl1 owners are thinking now? Whats up camaro5? Speechless?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
i don't think your getting much better than maybe 185MPH in the mile. it's just a whole different animal, trying to hit 200MPH in a single standing mile stretch.

I think the best a ZR1 has done is 184, so I gotta believe a 500 will be somewhere in the low 170's under favorable conditions.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I think the best a ZR1 has done is 184, so I gotta believe a 500 will be somewhere in the low 170's under favorable conditions.
yea, i thought i was being pretty damn favorable with that number.
on a side note, the drag coefficient of the ZR1 and the '13 GT500 should actually be pretty similar, if not the same. of course, the frontal space is a COMPLETELY different story.

Users who are viewing this thread