Ever Drive Past Two Civics Racing?... Literally?

Juruense

Banned
Honduhs and pick'em'up trucks racing, damn that IS hilarious.

The only thing that would have made that even more ridiculous is if ya threw in a station wagon, a four door sedan, or a neon... :lol:

98z71

Established Member
I had this happen only I was in my tbss and it was two 300z's. they took off infront of me I floored it and went around them in the 3rd lane, I laughed as you did.

is your car that does that streetable ?

Very much.

The week I got it back I made a 100-mile round trips in the car for 5 days straight that week. After that I started driving it less just because it was too tempting to get into trouble with. But the car is more than streetable.

But it does not have a/c , etc. as it is only driven on nice days and for shorter cruises and trips to the track. No real reason to want to sdrive a car like it every day for no reason.

But if I had to it would be reliable enough to drive every day as long as I don't beat on it at every stoplight, obviously as I would end up in s ome trouble lol.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Ha Ha...nice!

We had a kid around here with a 3.8L Camaro that used to talk shit all the time about my LT1 (light bolt ons and hand ported heads)... He was in front of me on the highway one day (10 mile stretch of straight road) and I was pushing him along to see what he would do. I saw a little puff from the exhaust and heard his nasty aftermarket exhaust start roaring... so I just slipped down to 2nd gear (~55mph) and passed him while he was WOT. LMAO. I even used my turn signals and waved on the way past. I never heard another word from the kid about my car after that.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Honduhs and pick'em'up trucks racing, damn that IS hilarious.

The only thing that would have made that even more ridiculous is if ya threw in a station wagon, a four door sedan, or a neon... :lol:

Magnum SRT8 would have gotten the job done nicely. :)

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Ha Ha...nice!

We had a kid around here with a 3.8L Camaro that used to talk shit all the time about my LT1 (light bolt ons and hand ported heads)... He was in front of me on the highway one day (10 mile stretch of straight road) and I was pushing him along to see what he would do. I saw a little puff from the exhaust and heard his nasty aftermarket exhaust start roaring... so I just slipped down to 2nd gear (~55mph) and passed him while he was WOT. LMAO. I even used my turn signals and waved on the way past. I never heard another word from the kid about my car after that.

Exact same thing happened to me last night lol. It was a v6 camaro with a loud exhaust. Normally I woulda left it alone, but there was a good lookin chick inside. I let her have the jump then flew by her. She came up next to me again and this time we launched together with me taking it by maybe 5 buses. I just laughed because the race was ridiculous lol.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Haha... you can never get enough of the expression when they realize they are floored and there is NOTHING they can do as you rip right past them.

jfsram

Established Member
I was on my way to race a WRX with my Mustang. We are both mid 13 cars. I trap 102, he is a little under 100. I've got him at the track before but we were curious if I could catch him after he smokes me off the line since I'm on snow tires.

On our way to the "good place to race road" the WRX starts tangling with a piped Civic.
They get caught at a red. He rips them a new asshole and I'm on the WRX like a trailer.

Have you ever ran your other Lightning?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I was behind my Buddy in his stock STI when he lined up next to a Civic hatch.
Long story short, I beat the Civic by buses, right behind my buddy in his STi

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
i dont get these guys....i was on a local civic site last night ( cuse i bought one for a dd and need to do some repairs...) and these guys get all up in arms as soon as you mention the words vette, or cobra.........like they are some kind of disease? lol

we got to talking( heated talking) and they basically all say " ohhh man its so much more respectful to buy a car and make it fast, than to just go out and buy one"

they say " well it takes sweat passion and knowledge to make a civic fast!"

i asked them waht the fastest car on the site was, and i would race it for a grand.

they replied" well i think our friend so and so has ...like a 12 second one.....its a LOW 12 second car though!"

another guy said they know a kid with a low 10 second one....it turned out to be a kid i know, who cant keep the car running, and his best pass was a 12.4 LOL.

hes now selling it....FOR A VETTE...

good times....i just dont get these guys.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I've had my share of ricer passes.

I actually lost to a beat looking hatch though in my 351W after getting him on the jump. That was humbling as I'm powershifting @ 6800 and this beat ass hatch w/ a passenger comes around me. Oh well only took him a 340+whp 2400lb car to get 3/4 car on a nitrous tuned N/A car from a 40 kick.

MDRex

Established Member
They are like this because they got a shitbox and they need to make up excuses. A nicely tuned Honda can be fun, hell even my old stock Prelude SI was fun, but nothing like a car thats actually fast.

i dont get these guys....i was on a local civic site last night ( cuse i bought one for a dd and need to do some repairs...) and these guys get all up in arms as soon as you mention the words vette, or cobra.........like they are some kind of disease? lol

we got to talking( heated talking) and they basically all say " ohhh man its so much more respectful to buy a car and make it fast, than to just go out and buy one"

they say " well it takes sweat passion and knowledge to make a civic fast!"

i asked them waht the fastest car on the site was, and i would race it for a grand.

they replied" well i think our friend so and so has ...like a 12 second one.....its a LOW 12 second car though!"

another guy said they know a kid with a low 10 second one....it turned out to be a kid i know, who cant keep the car running, and his best pass was a 12.4 LOL.

hes now selling it....FOR A VETTE...

good times....i just dont get these guys.

CDADEUCE06

Established Member
I was behind stuck two hondas or something, and said ok I.m in. They take off from the light, I hit it from a rolling start hit second and damm near rear end one of them. Luckly the lane to the left was open and passed them as they were still get'n it. Yesterday I had one come up side of me on the freeway ~ 60 and acted like he was ready, slowed down to 50 and 2nd gear drop bye, bye! I wander what my exhaust sounds like?

MBCobra

Established Member
Believe it or not, about 12 years ago, I was heading home in my 71 Bronco, came up on two hondas at a stoplight ready to go at each other. When the light turned green, they got it put on them by an old bronco. I think the sight and sound of 33" BFG's spinning and then again in second was too much for them. I did get a thums up at the next light. That bronco was the one I will forever regret letting go of.

Matt

MisterChrome

Established Member
So my wife and I get home today and she immediately starts to cook dinner when she realizes we're missing something. I immediately volunteer to run out to the store and she looks at me like I'm a moron... Why would he be so eager to go out to purchase groceries??... the ride to and from the store in an '03 Lightning ofcourse!!!

Long story short, I leave the store and pull onto the main 4 lane road to immediately get caught next to an older Civic at a light, gutted and "race ready." I have no intention of egging on a race with that turd, it's not worth the ticket. We roll out slow and he stomps on it through 3 gears, HE WANTS SOME. I'll give him a 14.0 on a good day. I catch up and now notice a new Civic Vtech on my right side dropping the clutch at 40 mph acting like an ass. I was now in the middle of fast and the furious...

I drive normal while they screw around until we turn onto another major road with no one in front. They are left side by side with me behind them, obviously slowing to race eachother. At about 35 they stomp it and after split second, I put it to the floor. I first drive by the new one that was losing, then move to right lane and drive up along side the other car, still at full song. I get out of it at that point as to not double the speed limit, but find myself smiling. Not a great kill, but it made me laugh anyway, I ruined their race...

Hope you smiled and waved man! That was hilarious. Maybe not a reputable kill for you but it will teach their a$$e$ not to mess with you

Users who are viewing this thread