Ever win BIG?

CV355

_
Established Member
Jesus, I will never complain again after reading that.

Hey, if my misery can help someone else see the positives in their life, I guess I have that :)

Seriously, be thankful if you can go a week and nothing major happens. Peace is underappreciated.

And for those in this thread who have hit it big or got a little win here and there- I'm not trying to be nasty towards any of you. Maybe a healthy level of envy! Be thankful for the opportunities (most of you seem that way, just stating it).

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I haven't won anything, but my Dad won a new Nissan Altima in a cash & cars lottery.
He took the cash option which was $24,000.

And a group of 25 co-workers won $1 million on the 6/49 lottery ($40,000 each tax free).
Of course it wasn't the company lottery pool that I was in, and we only have two. :(

121AK

Established Member
4xlfOMO.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
I haven't won anything, but my Dad won a new Nissan Altima in a cash & cars lottery.
He took the cash option which was $24,000.

And a group of 25 co-workers won $1 million on the 6/49 lottery ($40,000 each tax free).
Of course it wasn't the company lottery pool that I was in, and we only have two. :(

You have my luck.
For that I am sorry. :(

Never_Enough

Established Member
Hey, if my misery can help someone else see the positives in their life, I guess I have that :)

Seriously, be thankful if you can go a week and nothing major happens. Peace is underappreciated.

And for those in this thread who have hit it big or got a little win here and there- I'm not trying to be nasty towards any of you. Maybe a healthy level of envy! Be thankful for the opportunities (most of you seem that way, just stating it).
Are you in my head? ;)

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Quite a few decent pots of poker have been won in my life. I won a Kimber pistol last year, that's about the most expensive item i've won. I don't gamble a lot though like that though.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Not big but back when I was 13 I gave my dad 5 bucks out of 10 dollar allowance to buy me a gun raffle ticket. I won a Ruger M77mkii .270 win that I still hunt with 27 years later. I sat and stared at that piece of walnut and blued steel for days lol

I buy like 5 gun raffle tickets and calenders a year and still havnt won since my first one

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Not big but back when I was 13 I gave my dad 5 bucks out of 10 dollar allowance to buy me a gun raffle ticket. I won a Ruger M77mkii .270 win that I still hunt with 27 years later. I sat and stared at that piece of walnut and blued steel for days lol

I buy like 5 gun raffle tickets and calenders a year and still havnt won since my first one
At 13? I'd call that a big win.

CLN 6R

Established Member
I won $3500 in a raffle earlier this year, that’s about the most.

I won $100 on a $2 scratcher I got from a coworker 2 years ago, apparently that’s rare.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Jesus ****ing Christ @CV355

You know, sometimes.. whats the saying.. if you think bad, bad will happen. It sounds like you legitimately FOCUS on the negative. How will anything positive ever happen? Subconsciously maybe because you think negative will always happen you direct yourself towards the negative.

CV355

_
Established Member
Jesus ****ing Christ @CV355

You know, sometimes.. whats the saying.. if you think bad, bad will happen. It sounds like you legitimately FOCUS on the negative. How will anything positive ever happen? Subconsciously maybe because you think negative will always happen you direct yourself towards the negative.

I call it like I see it for the most part. I have been working on not letting the negative take over for as long (like when some dumbass crosses the double-yellow, yeah he's an idiot, but I shouldn't fume over it for hours). That I agree with and am actively working on it. The last few years blew the top off the stress-o-meter and left the wick virtually non-existent.

But, I don't believe that my outlook affects outcomes. Actions do. I can have a negative outlook and make a positive, proactive action as a result. I just need the universe to let up a little- let me go a week without a storm ripping a gutter off, a tree falling on a shed, or some company screwing up in accounting and triple-charging me for something. Life happens, I get it. But man, there is a disproportionate amount of shit that happens in mine that it outside my realm of influence and control.

Also, I don't really have much to compare it to. If I had ever gone a week without a disaster occurring, sure, but that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread