evo ix vs. 06 gt

BM1

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
awhp is awhp. what ever it puts to the ground is what it puts to the ground no matter how it puts it there fwhp, rwhp,awhp..

keep in mind the gt has a claimed 14hp advantage. the evo ix is known to be mildly underrated since it puts about 255awhp to the ground. not sure what the gt puts down to the ground, but being that it is a fair bit heavier that will always have an effect regardless of speeds.. and dont forget aerodynamics.. i dont think either car is ranked high in that dept. id like to find out what drag coefficient each car has.

255 AWHP < 260 RWHP

Stock vs Stock

As the speeds increase, the torque and horsepower advantage will become apparent for the GT.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
255 AWHP < 260 RWHP

Stock vs Stock

As the speeds increase, the torque and horsepower advantage will become apparent for the GT.

the only thing that makes a difference as speed increases is hp, not tq. and your not taking into consideration the weight difference.. every 8lbs. approx.= 1 hp. so if there is a 200lb(being generous to the mustang) difference your looking at roughly 25hp difference, and since the evo would need to make up 5(as for your numbers you posted) your now looking at a 20hp advantage going to the evo.. and thats not even taking into consideration drag coefficients.. the faster you go the more it makes a difference. and id be willing to bet that the evo cuts through the air a little better than the mustang.

BM1

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
the only thing that makes a difference as speed increases is hp, not tq. and your not taking into consideration the weight difference.. every 8lbs. approx.= 1 hp. so if there is a 200lb(being generous to the mustang) difference your looking at roughly 25hp difference, and since the evo would need to make up 5(as for your numbers you posted) your now looking at a 20hp advantage going to the evo.. and thats not even taking into consideration drag coefficients.. the faster you go the more it makes a difference. and id be willing to bet that the evo cuts through the air a little better than the mustang.

I was referring to the entire curve rather than just the peak number.

To be honest I'm not too worried about which one is faster stock vs stock. It doesn't really matter since the cars would be close enough from a roll that the better driver would probably take the win.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
no worries, im not either, but i was just trying to point out some facts.

Quik Z06

Established Member
My money would be on the Evo, but thats just me. Ive seen my buddy with a 9 totally stock take out or be even with some nicely modded Sti's and Evo 8's.

fusionchicken

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
My money would be on the Evo, but thats just me. Ive seen my buddy with a 9 totally stock take out or be even with some nicely modded Sti's and Evo 8's.

+1 the IX's are a different animal even stock.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
I'm sure it would, but if I had to bet one way or another, it'd be on the GT. AWD and less horsepower will start to really catch up with the Evo as the speeds increase.

The thing about the Evo 9's is they ugraded to a Mivec Turbo that gives them more power at high rpm's and on top end. The Evo 8's were known for running out of steam 80+ but the Evo 9 actually keeps pulling pretty good over 100. The '05+ GT's are tough with a good driver but the Evo 9 is definitely quicker.

Based off what I've seen Evo IX's trap higher on average over a stock 300 hp GT. I've seen a trap speed of 106 for a stock Evo IX. The best I've seen for a GT is 103-105 . I don't see the GT pulling on top end. Against the Evo 8 yes, but not the Evo 9.

Last edited:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
^ Lol so does the Evo with just a tune :) I raced an 05 when I had my Evo, but I had all the bolt ons and cams,and he looked stock. I pulled him pretty hard.

I'm well aware of what the Evo/Sti's are capable of with just reflash/tune, turboback exhaust, cams, etc. As you know low 12's are not hard with just a couple of cheap mods.

BM1

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
The thing about the Evo 9's is they ugraded to a Mivec Turbo that gives them more power at high rpm's and on top end. The Evo 8's were known for running out of steam 80+ but the Evo 9 actually keeps pulling pretty good over 100. The '05+ GT's are tough with a good driver but the Evo 9 is definitely quicker.

Based off what I've seen Evo IX's trap higher on average over a stock 300 hp GT. I've seen a trap speed of 106 for a stock Evo IX. The best I've seen for a GT is 103-105 . I don't see the GT pulling on top end. Against the Evo 8 yes, but not the Evo 9.

↓​

Black Mach 1 said:
To be honest I'm not too worried about which one is faster stock vs stock. It doesn't really matter since the cars would be close enough from a roll that the better driver would probably take the win.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i crack myself up.... ive been doing all these latest runs with my a/c on. technically not my a/c because the a/c light isnt on. but ive been running with the fan on in the car and the temp set on cold.. yesterday on my way home i was running on fumes so i turned off the fan while holding steady throttle and i noticed the power increase as i did it. so i tested it back to back a few times and i was suprised how much better the car pulled with the fan completely off. ive actually been wondering lately about this car because sometimes it would pull really clean and hard through the revs as i would rip from 1st gear up, and other days it would feel sluggish. i was wondering if it was due to different gas stations. ive never had a car that was effected like this by running the fan with the a/c off, but im guessing if the temp is set on cold even without the a/c button on it still runs the compressor. although the temp difference when set on cold with the a/c button on is much colder. anyway, ive had a lot of different runs lately and i would have done much better if i realized this earlier.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
not really, i just turn it off. if i would have known earlier i would have pulled him even harder (and all my recent races for that matter).

Users who are viewing this thread