Evolution Performance, Inc. 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang Makes 1,029 RWHP!

Evolution

Established Member
We just made 1,029 RWHP and 878 RWTQ on the Dyno with 23lbs of Boost through an F1 ProCharger on Rick Wilson's Yellow Blaze 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang.

This was done using ONLY ONE Power Adder and E85 (Pump Gas) making it the Highest Horsepower Coyote/Road Runner in the World.

Current Modification List: Built L&M Engines 5.0L 4V Engine, L&M Engines Custom Cams, Valve Springs, F1 Procharger, 105lb Fuel Injectors, Return Fuel System, American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3.5" Collectors, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, 20” Wheels and Tires, Custom Tuned By Jon Lund.

This is the same car that was featured in the November 2011 Issue of 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine.

Check back over the weekend to see the dyno video.

384658_10150911171325648_262882950647_21625595_594717037_n.jpg

Last edited:

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
OMG 1000+ hp. that's Killer!

OK lets talk #s

what would it cost for a package like that?

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
What will it run...... 12.20 at 154 MPH.....!? Kidding! Great job guys!

What would you anticipate this would cost and be reliable? $50-60K?

Mike

Fast Willy

Established Member
I wonder if that would be a good road course set up lol. Seriously that is one sick build. Congrats guys cant wait to see a video and of the car in action.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
It's a Boss with mods. :read: No different than any other car with mods! :idea:

thats true in a literal sense. a boss 302 is a road course car by pedigree, though. this car is no longer that. i think that is what he meant.

my view is probably not entirely popular. i dont see the value in 8000hp. i also dont see why you would want to turn the best handling mustang ever built into a drag car. that can be done with any number of other mustangs.

its a free country, though.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
thats true in a literal sense. a boss 302 is a road course car by pedigree, though. this car is no longer that. i think that is what he meant.

my view is probably not entirely popular. i dont see the value in 8000hp. i also dont see why you would want to turn the best handling mustang ever built into a drag car. that can be done with any number of other mustangs.

X2, This seems like a GREAT build, BUT under throttle in any sort of turn all the HP cannot be used, thus taking away from the soul of the Boss.....IMHO also.

Although, I may or may not have seen a Boss with Skinnies and Drag Tires on it!

Mike

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Rob:

You know I cannot argue with your logic on this. But there are many people that don't look at a Boss as a "Road Racing Pedigree" car. They simply look at it as 'blank canvas' to see what kind of RWHP they can get out of it and what it will do driving in a straight line for 1,320'. I used to drag race, I understand this.

The Coyote motor is a very potential powerplant. People want to see what "it will do". So, the competition is on.

Can you imagine how hot a 1,000 RWHP car would get on a road course. I may get a single warm up lap out of it but I'm not totally sure. For Sure Dean Martin would have that thing overheating and spitting out coolant long before it comes around to the start finish line on his warm-up lap! :lol:

To each their own. At least they didn't take a Boss 302S to try this! :fart:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

bull3441

Established Member

yes, that was my point. plus the gut's of the motor has been replaced.

Last edited:

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
X2, This seems like a GREAT build, BUT under throttle in any sort of turn all the HP cannot be used, thus taking away from the soul of the Boss.....IMHO also.

Although, I may or may not have seen a Boss with Skinnies and Drag Tires on it!

Mike

For some, the soul of the Boss, ie the built Roadrunner motor, begs for boost. Why not have fun with it and see if you can get the power to the ground?

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I LOVE how stupid easy these cars make power. And 630ish to the rear on Boss is very DD able. as a matter of fact if I didnt need the money I would never sell mine. My son can repay me by winning lots of races on his new quad!! Rick love the car!!

Users who are viewing this thread