Evolution Performance Inc. - First 2007 Shelby GT500 In The 9's!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bunk22 said:
I'm sensing a tear. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded. Competition is good as well as information on the capabilities of the competition. Now we know what can be acommplished with certain mods on certain cars. Want to run 9's in a GT500, follow Evolution's build-up. Want to know what it takes for a C6Z to run 9's? It's all good :poke:

Well, IMHO comparing a C6-Z06 to a GT500 proves that you might possibly be brain dead? Yes, it's true, Chevrolet has absolutely NOTHING to compete with the GT500, so they pick the next best thing??!!?? :loser:

A high priced two seater sports car will/should never compete with a moderately priced four seater pony car even though one car costs almost twice the other car?!? :idea:

Hello!!!! :read:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

03miamisnake

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
A high priced two seater sports car will/should never compete with a moderately priced four seater pony car even though one car costs almost twice the other car?!? :idea:

Your point is a valid one, except for the fact that the Z is only priced 35-45% higher than the Shelby (not 100%).

pvteye

Established Member
MSRP on Z06 is $70,000, GT500 around $44,000 that would make the Z06 59.1% more expensive

bunk22

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Well, IMHO comparing a C6-Z06 to a GT500 proves that you might possibly be brain dead? Yes, it's true, Chevrolet has absolutely NOTHING to compete with the GT500, so they pick the next best thing??!!?? :loser:

Hello!!!! :read:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

I might be brain dead but don't get your feelings hurt. Sure Chevy has nothing in the same league so why not compare up, to the superior car. That should make the GT500 shine. Just because someone mentions the competition and what it can do doesn't mean it's knock on the GT500. Don't be sensitive. I praise the ability of this car on the Vette site and I get pounced by a few sensitive types that think I'm bashing their beloved C6 Vette. I'm a fan of both cars and I'm definitely impressed by what little mods do for the car, like Dgussin1 and MODsvt (not sure of his name) with the orange convert. Instead of starting a thread, I just mentioned it within one. A 9 second thread on the GT500 might be a good place to mention a 9 sec C6Z, the competition.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
well arent we just talking symanteks.

ok then, if you want me to state it so you dont actually have to use your brain...

this thread is about evolution performance, and their 2007 ford shelby GT500 mustang. it is about the fact that they are the first ones to get a 2007 ford shelby GT500 mustang in the 9 second range down a 1/4 mile drag strip. this thread has nothing to do about a C6 Z06 corvette with 150 approximate horsepower nitrous injection, a reprogrammed computer, and radial style rear drag racing tires achieving 9.741 elapsed time down a 1/4 mile drag strip with a top speed of 140.38 miles per hour. if this thread were about a C6 Z06 corvette with 150 approximate horsepower nitrous injection, a reprogrammed computer, and radial style rear drag racing tires achieving 9.741 elapsed time down a 1/4 mile drag strip with a top speed of 140.38 miles per hour then evolution performance would have mentioned it in their first post. but guess what. they didnt.

clear enough? 2 suggestions, dont be a smart ass and leave any non-ford vehicle out of the 'shelby GT500' subforum, section 'cobra forums', board ' SVTPerformance'.

I'm still sensing some sour emotions and maybe a tear or two. My response wasn't to bring down the accomplishments of the Evolution car. If it were, I would have said it in such a manner. So here's my suggestion, stop crying, be a man about it and don't take everything as bashing of the GT500. I like the car, I wouldn't be here otherwise.

bitnhrd

Acceler8tr Modul8tr
Established Member
pvteye said:
MSRP on Z06 is $70,000, GT500 around $44,000 that would make the Z06 59.1% more expensive

If you really think 44k gets you a new Shelby, please point me in the right direction I seemed to be lost.......

Fourcam330

Established Member
bitnhrd said:
If you really think 44k gets you a new Shelby, please point me in the right direction I seemed to be lost.......

At this point there are dealers all over the country listing them at sticker. I found 3 (dealers not cars) in Florida in 2 in Ohio looking over the weekend. Only a matter of time until they're available at family/friend plan pricing.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
03miamisnake said:
Your point is a valid one, except for the fact that the Z is only priced 35-45% higher than the Shelby (not 100%).

35%??? I'll tell you what, let me know where I can buy C6-Z06's for $57,000 and I'll make me some real fast money!! :idea:

bunk22 said:
I might be brain dead but don't get your feelings hurt.

I guess it's just getting old seeing the two cars compared constantly. :-D

bitnhrd said:

MANY GT500's have been bought for MSRP and they are coming down to MSRP pretty fast. By Spring or Summer the ADM's will be done! :read:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
bunk22 said:
I'm still sensing some sour emotions and maybe a tear or two. My response wasn't to bring down the accomplishments of the Evolution car. If it were, I would have said it in such a manner. So here's my suggestion, stop crying, be a man about it and don't take everything as bashing of the GT500. I like the car, I wouldn't be here otherwise.
maybe you should go read through some of my posts. the GT500 isnt the god of all cars and i know that. ever think that i might be suggesting to leave the C6Z out of it because we happen to be in a GT500 forum? new concept, i know, but they do have specific forums for specific cars. it doesnt matter if you meant to bring their car/accomplishments down or not, it will always be interpreted that way. and where, in any of my posts directed towards you, did i say you were bashing the GT500? quit putting words in my mouth.

i do find it quite funny that we just skip the base C6 all together. cheby has no answer for the GT500(or even the mustang for that matter) at this time, and the C6 is closer to the GT500 than any other cheby car(although we're still comparing a fiberglass bodied 2 seat sports car to a steel bodied 4 seat muscle car) yet we just go up one more class. the Z is being compared to the GT, viper, F360/430, gallardo, etc., etc.(as it should be), while the GT500 isnt(as it shouldnt be). but all of a sudden its alright to compare it to the Z(a world class supercar whether anyone likes it or not).

how long do you guys think it will take EvoP to get in the 8's
pepper.gif
pepper.gif
pepper.gif
pepper.gif

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, I don't want to ruin Evolution's thread any more than it already has, but I totally disagree that the Shelby and C6 Z06 are in different categories. They are both the top performance offerings of Ford and GM respectably. We often get hung up on price and try and seperate the two. They are in DIRECT competition with each other IMO.

I'm a huge Terminator/Shelby guy and have no interest in the Z, even if I had the money. I totally respect the Z and believe it is argueably the number 1 mass produced performance car ever built in this country. But, I would take a Shelby over a Z 7 days a week and twice on Sunday........

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
i do find it quite funny that we just skip the base C6 all together. cheby has no answer for the GT500(or even the mustang for that matter) at this time, and the C6 is closer to the GT500 than any other cheby car(although we're still comparing a fiberglass bodied 2 seat sports car to a steel bodied 4 seat muscle car) yet we just go up one more class. the Z is being compared to the GT, viper, F360/430, gallardo, etc., etc.(as it should be), while the GT500 isnt(as it shouldnt be). but all of a sudden its alright to compare it to the Z(a world class supercar whether anyone likes it or not).
I was starting to wonder why everyone was saying that there's no competition for the GT500, when they're pretty well matched with a base model C6 (and much closer in price too). I know a guy in Jersey running 12.3@113 in his stock auto C6, what's the fastest stock GT500? Right around there iirc. Sounds like a much better match to me. I haven't checked 'em out, but I'd be willing to bet that there are some pretty nasty modded C6's out there too.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1546496

A new z06 will cost nearly $80K when it's all said and done, that is a huge difference in price. You get what you pay for.

In addition, I find it hard to believe a Z06 can run 9's with a 150 shot and bolt-ons. There have already been cases of blown up rear-ends and engines in stock and close to stock C6zs. It will need more than just a few bolt-ons to consistently run anywhere near 9's. Not hating on the Z or anything, but that it is a huge stretch to say they are 9-second cars with such little mods.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:

We are comparing only straight line here and I think stock for stock, the C6 and GT500 are very comparable, with the slight edge maybe going to the GT500 in the 1/4 mile. Both are hampered by the stock tune but I think once the stock tuning goes away, the GT500 pulls ahead. I come to this conclusion from just what I've seen on this site. I know a few C6's have run 12.2-3@114-115 but it just doesn't seem to be the norm. It's going to take quite a bit to keep up with a GT500 once the basic pulley, tune, cai, etc are done. That's probably why we speak of the C6Z, it's the next step up. All IMO of course.

bunk22

Established Member
SBo3 said:

A new z06 will cost nearly $80K when it's all said and done, that is a huge difference in price. You get what you pay for.

In addition, I find it hard to believe a Z06 can run 9's with a 150 shot and bolt-ons. There have already been cases of blown up rear-ends and engines in stock and close to stock C6zs. It will need more than just a few bolt-ons to consistently run anywhere near 9's. Not hating on the Z or anything, but that it is a huge stretch to say they are 9-second cars with such little mods.

There's a local C6Z here with 11,000 miles for $73K and the dealership will not budge. I don't think so, not for a used C6Z.

You can check out the timeslip here if you don't believe and maybe quiz the guy. He could be lying, it's the net afterall. It helps to have video and witnesses I suppose.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1557837849#post1557837849

EddieHaskell

Interweb Racing Legend
Established Member
SBo3 said:

Check Ebay - I've seen new Z06s for low 70s.

I don't see why the GT500 is ever compared to the Z06. The Z runs 7:42 at Nurburgring while on runflats - it's obviously a very well rounded track car instead of a one trick pony (pardon the pun).:-D It's kind of like comparing a Mustang GT to a base C6 only because the GT can turn in a better 1/4 with $1500 in mods.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Congrats to EP for being the ones with the balls and the bills to shoot for the 9's. It doesn't really matter if they use NOS or ported blower or slicks that look like baby Jesus when they wrinkle. It's a track car people, it's made to go fast with little street compromise, it shows you what the car is capible of at its limits. If you want to go as fast or faster with street suspension and a non-ported blower, more power to you, but now you know where your at performance-wise because they did you a favor and already went past that point. They have a right to protect their intellectual property and anyone in business will tell you at this stage it is in their best interests to keep doing what they're doing. They're footing the bill and the liability, they should have it for now, everything will come out eventually as more and more people try new things.

They're highlighting the true potential of the car and they're gonna blow it up or die trying. If/when they blow it up, they'll be one of the first and that failure will help all the GT500 owners understand what might go bye bye up front and maybe how to avoid it and possibly go even faster & safer in the future :)

Last edited:

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
quadcammer said:
rotfl, R&D?

lets see, add boost, use better flowing intake and exhaust
Spray it with slicks, and use some different control arms.

Bam, not that hard, and I didn't even need to do R&D
:-D :-D :-D

Formula51

Established Member
EddieHaskell said:
Check Ebay - I've seen new Z06s for low 70s.

I don't see why the GT500 is ever compared to the Z06. The Z runs 7:42 at Nurburgring while on runflats - it's obviously a very well rounded track car instead of a one trick pony (pardon the pun).:-D It's kind of like comparing a Mustang GT to a base C6 only because the GT can turn in a better 1/4 with $1500 in mods.

I agree on not comparing the GT500 to the Z06.

I am curious what mods you can do to a Mustang GT for $1500 that makes it faster than a C6 Corvette? Many good drivers are turning 12.2 to 12.5 in their C6's. I don't keep up on the Mustang GT so I really just don't know, not trying to be a jerk or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread