Evolution Performance Inc. - First 2007 Shelby GT500 In The 9's!

bluestreak89

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Hmmmmm...interesting proposal. I have respect for both MD03SVT and DGUSSIN1, but I don't think we're going to see very many Eaton powered GT500's reach the nines, ever. How many Terminators have done it in the last 4.5 years???? Evolution is running an upper only, (14 lbs of boost?), experimental Steig port, (that supposedly is only mildly successful to this point....), headers & exhaust, Tucker's CAI, 4.10 gears, tires, suspension mods, and a decent shot of juice, right? Pretty darn good results for that set up in my opinion.

And JL has been just a "little" instrumental in this project as well......Who has done the tuning on MD03SVT and DGUSSIN1's Shelby's?

Well look at the times leading up to the 9's that the Evolution ran. 11.84 with

gears (4:10's???)
skinnies/dr's on lightweight wheels
suspension
tune
exhaust
intake
light weight brakes

MD03SVT ran 11.8x with slicks and axleback

DGUSSIN1 ran 11.8 with slicks axleback and tune

Since Evolution is so shady posting the mods I dont feel like looking up the other times but mid-low 11's took many less mods for both Dgussin and MD03svt so I would put my money that they could IF they wanted to. MD may want to and I would put money on it that he could run faster even in a vert with less mods.Dgussin has road race suspension so no doubt his car could be even faster if he had the drag racing suspension like evolution.

BWH2003

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I wouldn't expect many Terminators to do it, EVER. However, I'm sure there will be quite a few GT500s to do so in the coming months/years. As you pointed out the Term guys have had up to 4.5 years to do it at this point. The bottom line is that the GT500 is more capable.

We have a guy here in town that has a solid rear axle, ported eaton and nitrous and he ran 9.89 last october. Yes i saw the timeslip. I believe he is running either a 150 or 200 shot.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Fourcam330 said:
I wouldn't expect many Terminators to do it, EVER. However, I'm sure there will be quite a few GT500s to do so in the coming months/years. As you pointed out the Term guys have had up to 4.5 years to do it at this point. The bottom line is that the GT500 is more capable.
That's why I put that statement in there......You can count Terminators that ahve hit 9s w/ Eaton & juice on one hand.

And yes, why I totally agree that the Shelbys are more capable, I don't expect many of them to achieve this either.....Not just because it takes some pretty extreme measures to do it, but just not sure how many Shelby owners would even want to go this route when this new twin screw option coming out seems to be a much more direct path.

And are the suposedly weak rods in the 07's just a myth??? I certainly hope so!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bunk22 said:
Just to add one for the competition, a C6Z with the only mods being 150 shot, tune and DR's just ran a [email protected]. I say just for the mods but in my mind a 150 shot is big shot of nitrous.

Yes, but you never have to have a S/C filled back up?!? :idea: It's always full! ;-)

BWH2003

Established Member
No one knows about the rods at this point. Its still too early. We have had 4.5 years to figure out the shortcomings of the 03/04's so Im guessin once we get a lot more GT500's on the street we will find out what its limit is.

These cars have so low miles on them no one knows if the rods are being stressed to their max. Evolution has what less than 5000 miles on their car? Maybe one day they will go to lauch and boom the rod will snap. Who knows but I wouldnt assume we are out of the woods yet.

bunk22

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Yes, but you never have to have a S/C filled back up?!? :idea: It's always full! ;-)

This is true. I'm not a fan of nitrous for that reason alone. However, for one shot down the track, that's all the driver needs.

redmetal

It's just a push rod V8
Established Member
ac427cobra said:

That is true. But I think the point trying to be made here is that a Stock motor with only a 150shot of nitrous and most importantly a stock supension C6Z with some DR's and a tune for the nitrous ran 9.7 @ 140

But I personally have not seen any write ups on this C6Z on the other boards so it may be :bs: .......video needed

Congrates to EP for the insane 9sec pass!!! I am sure the car will not need N20 to get into the 9's with the KB

;-)

bunk22

Established Member
redmetal said:
That is true. But I think the point trying to be made here is that a Stock motor with only a 150shot of nitrous and most importantly a stock supension C6Z with some DR's and a tune for the nitrous ran 9.7 @ 140

But I personally have not seen any write ups on this C6Z on the other boards so it may be :bs: .......video needed

Anything on the net can be BS. Here is the thread but no video that I've seen......just a timeslip, dyno and the tuner.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1557837849#post1557837849

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
My Shelby is the 1st stang out of 8 over the past 16 years that I have ever put on the dyno & I did so 100% stock from the factory more out of curiosity than necessity.There was no tuning done on the dyno & the tune I am presently using is an out of the box SCT tune which gave me a 1/4 second at the track so more or less 25HP.After talking to a few well know tuners including evolution they all say that I could easily get another 25-35HP with one of there tunes so I still have alot to gain with just the tune.My plans for this car are to get the most out of it at every stage of modification with the end result being 10.5X @ 13Xmph full weight without a ported blower by adding a CAI,Pulley & beefing up the suspension.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Guys, they are trying to run a business. Running a Business means making money.

There are other companies out there that I bet are pissed that they didnt beat EVO perf. to all these record barriers. Why would EVO do all the work that they have done, spent all the time and money, and then let someone take thier ideas and price it just below thiers? If you want the parts, if you own the car, call them, they're reasonable.

Its called capitalism.

And for you fools that think its going to hurt thier business by not posting it on this one single website, you have another thing coming. They probably wouldnt even fell a finger prick from it. Stupid. Call them, they'll tell you.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
bunk22 said:
Just to add one for the competition, a C6Z with the only mods being 150 shot, tune and DR's just ran a [email protected]. I say just for the mods but in my mind a 150 shot is big shot of nitrous.
guess what, NO ONE CARES!!!!! i thought we put an end to all the "vs. Z" comments in one of the other threads?!?!?! is this thread about beating a Z06, stock or modified? NO!!! so dont make it about that!!!

on another note, effing amazing guys!!! i remember before the GT500 came out there were a bunch of termi-haters saying that the GT500 wouldnt be able to compete with the terminator, mod for mod. then there were the slightly more realistic, yet still doubters that thought it would be slightly better, mod for mod. i can honestly say that i thought, with the extra cubes, it would just multiply what the terminator got with mods, but you guys have shown that this car is just rediculous when you start modding it! now get it in the 8's without blowing it
rockon.gif

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
guess what, NO ONE CARES!!!!! i thought we put an end to all the "vs. Z" comments in one of the other threads?!?!?! is this thread about beating a Z06, stock or modified? NO!!! so dont make it about that!!!

+1 :thumbsup:

bunk22

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:

I'm sensing a tear. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded. Competition is good as well as information on the capabilities of the competition. Now we know what can be acommplished with certain mods on certain cars. Want to run 9's in a GT500, follow Evolution's build-up. Want to know what it takes for a C6Z to run 9's? It's all good :poke:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
bunk22 said:
If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded.
well arent we just talking symanteks.

ok then, if you want me to state it so you dont actually have to use your brain...

this thread is about evolution performance, and their 2007 ford shelby GT500 mustang. it is about the fact that they are the first ones to get a 2007 ford shelby GT500 mustang in the 9 second range down a 1/4 mile drag strip. this thread has nothing to do about a C6 Z06 corvette with 150 approximate horsepower nitrous injection, a reprogrammed computer, and radial style rear drag racing tires achieving 9.741 elapsed time down a 1/4 mile drag strip with a top speed of 140.38 miles per hour. if this thread were about a C6 Z06 corvette with 150 approximate horsepower nitrous injection, a reprogrammed computer, and radial style rear drag racing tires achieving 9.741 elapsed time down a 1/4 mile drag strip with a top speed of 140.38 miles per hour then evolution performance would have mentioned it in their first post. but guess what. they didnt.

clear enough? 2 suggestions, dont be a smart ass and leave any non-ford vehicle out of the 'shelby GT500' subforum, section 'cobra forums', board ' SVTPerformance'.

manOwar

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
well arent we just talking symanteks.

ok then, if you want me to state it so you dont actually have to use your brain...

this thread is about evolution performance, and their 2007 ford shelby GT500 mustang. it is about the fact that they are the first ones to get a 2007 ford shelby GT500 mustang in the 9 second range down a 1/4 mile drag strip. this thread has nothing to do about a C6 Z06 corvette with 150 approximate horsepower nitrous injection, a reprogrammed computer, and radial style rear drag racing tires achieving 9.741 elapsed time down a 1/4 mile drag strip with a top speed of 140.38 miles per hour. if this thread were about a C6 Z06 corvette with 150 approximate horsepower nitrous injection, a reprogrammed computer, and radial style rear drag racing tires achieving 9.741 elapsed time down a 1/4 mile drag strip with a top speed of 140.38 miles per hour then evolution performance would have mentioned it in their first post. but guess what. they didnt.

clear enough? 2 suggestions, dont be a smart ass and leave any non-ford vehicle out of the 'shelby GT500' subforum, section 'cobra forums', board ' SVTPerformance'.
:idea: :lol: :lol:

Well done....:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread