Evolution Performance Inc. - Shelby GT500 (Street Car) Kenne Bell 2.8H Dyno Video..!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Evolution said:
All tuning was done custom, in house using SCT Advantage III software and 93 Octane Pump Gas.
Why is it that Jon Lund never gets credit for tuning Evolutions cars?

snakecharmer

Established Member
Very impressive. I too will be most interested in seeing how long the bottom end of that motor lasts with that much HP. How safe is this set up really? Ticking time-bomb, or hassle free?

Trill Gear Head

Established Member
Just saw the vid and all i can say is holy f*cking shit that car is a beast.:rolling: Especially when it was lifting off the dyno

mm49

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Why is it that Jon Lund never gets credit for tuning Evolutions cars?

We work as a team and I get plenty of credit ! No worries.... :D

As I have stated in the past I do alot of tuning of many different Vehilces at Evolution Performance. The EVO GT 500 is a team effort, I couldn't do what I do without there support ! If and when I aquire my own GT 500 then it will definatley be supported by EVO... As for the pure tuning yes it is my experience that I have brought to there table and my calibrations that make the power. But keep in mind I don't own a formal shop and I don't own a GT 500, I just know how to line up the 000s & 1111s to make the combinations work. So just the fact that I am part of the Team at Evolution Performance is enough for Lund Racing to keep making more HP ! :thumbsup:

Jon L

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1bad04cobra said:
So do you guys think this is a relatively safe set up.I think many of us would love to know your thoughts.

Let us get back to you regarding that in 6 or 12 months. ;-) :-D

Fourcam330

Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
So do you guys think this is a relatively safe set up.I think many of us would love to know your thoughts.

Thickest Head in the World Award, 2006-7.

Fourcam330

Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
LOL!What is wrong with getting there thoughts.I know you are the only one that knows for sure but i thought i might ask.Sorry to bug you sir.

I'm not the only one that knows.
Jon has already posted his thoughts on the rods, I thought I remembered you posting in that thread?
Tell you what, if they continue to go to 6600rpm especially with that kind of power, it's really not a question of "if" but "when."

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Jon has already posted his thoughts on the rods, I thought I remembered you posting in that thread?
Tell you what, if they continue to go to 6600rpm especially with that kind of power, it's really not a question of "if" but "when."
ok we'll see

mm49

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

The current file is actually back to 6200 for street duties..6250 is stock. I can assure you that any customer files will go back to stock maybe even lower. Currently the strategy sets Rev_On at 6250 and Rev_Off at 5300. They want to make sure you are not on the limiter and off/back on very quickly....

There is also quite a few things that can be down with ETC to limit power at Load% and or RPM based... So implementing those also will be a backup measure.

But for now its albout finding the limits or at least going right up against them... :-D

Jon L

Fourcam330

Established Member
mm49 said:
The current file is actually back to 6200 for street duties..6250 is stock. I can assure you that any customer files will go back to stock maybe even lower. Currently the strategy sets Rev_On at 6250 and Rev_Off at 5300. They want to make sure you are not on the limiter and off/back on very quickly....

There is also quite a few things that can be down with ETC to limit power at Load% and or RPM based... So implementing those also will be a backup measure.

But for now its albout finding the limits or at least going right up against them... :-D

Jon L

Makes sense, nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
mm49 said:

Jon L
Thanks for posting that info.Thats what i'm interested in, seeing the real limit of the production cars.Keep up the good work.

bluestreak89

Established Member
So can this car run for more than a few years like this? There is no question that these kind of mods shorten the life's of motors, but how big of a deficit are you working with? I wouldnt really want to put more than 600 rwhp on any stock motor.

Users who are viewing this thread