Evolution Performance Inc. - Shelby GT500 (Street Car) Kenne Bell 2.8H Dyno Video..!

mixxer

Established Member
looks great fred but we need some footage of nelson ripping around aston! Look at that tq curve with that lund tune,your nuts if you get anyone but Jon to tune your cobra or gt500!

jugsreturn

Established Member
That video was BA. I loved the end when you guys had your car at FORD. That video of there's was cool too. GOOD WORK!

mm49

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Looks like it only spun to 5800-5900rpm on the dyno. Nice numbers especially considering the lower than factory rev limit.

Actually that is a bit of tire spin there...LOL, The Rev limiter is set to 6600 the MD 1100 in this case is using the RPM based off the rollers not the optical unit. So while the Dyno shows 5900-6000 it is actually hitting the Limiter at 6600. Unfortunely the optical isn't working correctly so we had to manage with this. It has 5 tie-downs straps in back we only had this tire spin problem earlier when we would hit the Eaton with a 75 Shot....

I did some Road Logging earlier today with the Car to dail in the ETC changes and few other things. I was obviously a passenger and had previously had the opportunity to drive the Eaton setup. All I can say is VIOLENT ! I have been in many KB & Whipple Cobras and several very fast Turbo setups....

This thing is off the scale... And we are not even to the Race File high Boost tuning yet.. It would be safe to say this current setup at 17lbs would run a 10.20-10.15 as it sets with Pump Gas and good traction. :D

Thanks,

Jon L

Fourcam330

Established Member
mm49 said:
Actually that is a bit of tire spin there...LOL, The Rev limiter is set to 6600 the MD 1100 in this case is using the RPM based off the rollers not the optical unit. So while the Dyno shows 5900-6000 it is actually hitting the Limiter at 6600. Unfortunely the optical isn't working correctly so we had to manage with this. It has 5 tie-downs straps in back we only had this tire spin problem earlier when we would hit the Eaton with a 75 Shot....

I did some Road Logging earlier today with the Car to dail in the ETC changes and few other things. I was obviously a passenger and had previously had the opportunity to drive the Eaton setup. All I can say is VIOLENT ! I have been in many KB & Whipple Cobras and several very fast Turbo setups....

This thing is off the scale... And we are not even to the Race File high Boost tuning yet.. It would be safe to say this current setup at 17lbs would run a 10.20-10.15 as it sets with Pump Gas and good traction. :D

Thanks,

Jon L

Thanks for the additional info and keep up the good work Jon.:beer:

R1Lello

Established Member
:D
Very, very nice!!! I can see one of these in my future. Too bad though.......more good news (bad for them) for all those non believers of a year ago. :-D

Greg@RET

Established Member
That car is insane!!!! :dw:

Do you guys have any idea what this would be on a Dynojet?

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
Nice job guys I look forward to seeing the track results.

What a Monster. :rockon: Great numbers and scarey numbers knowing there is more tuning to be done. :-D

PbFoot

Established Member
GT500R said:
awesome vid ! ! ! !

what were the numbers before you put on the borla cat back ? (i liked it better then having the cat back on)

I'm also wondering what the track times would be before a built motor :coolman:

I'd also like to know what it did with the stock cat back.

That thing is just incredible. I can't wait to see some street performance video.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
R1Lello said:
Too bad though.......more good news (bad for them) for all those non believers of a year ago. :-D

Well thankfully, the majority of them have either admitted defeat or have seen the light! :idea: One of the two!? :read:

#1. There is no replacement for displacement.
#2. GT500 (ok, Ford GT) heads (unlike Terminator heads) actually breathe!
#3. SVT (once again) improved the product from the previous year.
#4. Just like the heavier '03 whooping up on the previous Cobra, this model is no exception!

Great job you guys are doing at Evolution.

Like Sid's sig says; "Let's crank up the boost and see what shakes loose?":pepper:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
That is awsome that you guys took it up to 6600rpms and nothing "shook loose" lol
If it was my car, I would keep it below 6250 but Im a pussy I guess haha
Is the stock redline 6250 or 6000 by the way? I notice that the tach redlines at 6000 but I thought I heard fuel shut off at 6250...

Users who are viewing this thread