Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Live Q&A!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
Bottom line on this car-It already has more mods than most owners will ever do
Majority of owners and including myself are going to do Intake, Exhaust, tune, Pulley and then port and gears...probably lowering springs and shifter but thats really about it. (obviously some better tires too)
I want to see what a gt500 runs with those mods, stock weight!!!!!!!!!

Chuck:

If you want to see what a car runs with the EXACT mods YOU want, I suggest you buy a car, mod it and let us know your results! :-D

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Of course that's the ideal solution (and I see the smiley!), but he's got a valid point - many of us would like to see the "standard bolt-on" version and what it can do. In fact, I'd wager for some it may be what makes or breaks the purchasing decision. :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
eichisama said:
Of course that's the ideal solution (and I see the smiley!), but he's got a valid point - many of us would like to see the "standard bolt-on" version and what it can do. In fact, I'd wager for some it may be what makes or breaks the purchasing decision. :)

Stay tuned for Dave's car. That might be what you're looking for?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
eichisama said:

+1

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
There making a frigg'n drag car guys. They are a business and they wont to be the first 10 second 07 Cobra out there. We all want to see the typical mods on a daily driver and see what it will run, but this is not the car to follow for that! So let them bang on there car however they wont to and quit bashing them for modding the Hell out of there car.

Can I have the stock seats please :)

Evolution

Established Member
Stripe Delete said:
There making a frigg'n drag car guys. They are a business and they wont to be the first 10 second 07 Cobra out there. We all want to see the typical mods on a daily driver and see what it will run, but this is not the car to follow for that! So let them bang on there car however they wont to and quit bashing them for modding the Hell out of there car.

Can I have the stock seats please :)

We will be the first 10 sec GT500!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ID have to say it would be funny if someone slaps a 100 shot on their Gt500 and beats you to it, but good luck

RepoMann

Established Member
Seriously, how do you create a post like this "Q&A" and then not answer but 1 question? I am assuming you made this post to clear the air after everybody found out that your car has a ported blower on it. Infact, the more and more I read about this car, the more I don't like. It looks like you are claiming that this car will be easy to get into the low 11's, when in fact - with all the mods you have on this car it would cost the average consumer $5000 + to get where you are at. You said you have "some" suspension mods before.......You have actually replaced every piece of factory suspension on the car! You have a full race suspension on there man! I realize that this car is a test mule for new parts, but come on. From reading the first few posts, I gathered that if I had a GT500, I could easily get it into the 10's with just a pulley, some drag shocks, sticky tires, intake and exhaust, and a tune. That is just not the case. You have WAY more mods on that car than you are actually telling us about.

Fourcam330

Established Member
RepoMann said:
Seriously, how do you create a post like this "Q&A" and then not answer but 1 question? I am assuming you made this post to clear the air after everybody found out that your car has a ported blower on it. Infact, the more and more I read about this car, the more I don't like. It looks like you are claiming that this car will be easy to get into the low 11's, when in fact - with all the mods you have on this car it would cost the average consumer $5000 + to get where you are at. You said you have "some" suspension mods before.......You have actually replaced every piece of factory suspension on the car! You have a full race suspension on there man! I realize that this car is a test mule for new parts, but come on. From reading the first few posts, I gathered that if I had a GT500, I could easily get it into the 10's with just a pulley, some drag shocks, sticky tires, intake and exhaust, and a tune. That is just not the case. You have WAY more mods on that car than you are actually telling us about.

Nowhere did I read a disclaimer stating that all the parts being used on Evolutions car were necessary to run a certain time/speed. The fact is they are the first company to seriously modify a GT500 for drag competition. It's their car, not yours or mine or anyone else's for that matter, they can and will do what they please when it comes to what modifications they want done.
Others will run quicker/faster with less parts once the cars have been out for a while and they become more readily available. This is always the case when a new model comes out.

RepoMann

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Nowhere did I read a disclaimer stating that all the parts being used on Evolutions car were necessary to run a certain time/speed. The fact is they are the first company to seriously modify a GT500 for drag competition. It's their car, not yours or mine or anyone else's for that matter, they can and will do what they please when it comes to what modifications they want done.
Others will run quicker/faster with less parts once the cars have been out for a while and they become more readily available. This is always the case when a new model comes out.

I realize that, and I agree that they can do whatever they want with that car. I am not trying to throw dirt in anybody's eye. My point is just that every time they release info about their shelby we find out something different than what they origionally claimed, thats all. Most importantly, the ported blower and now the full race suspension, also the lack of answers on this thread when they are obviously keeping an eye on it.

bubbrubb

Evolution said:
We will be the first 10 sec GT500!
OK, now I have a question for you that you actually have no responsibility to answer.

Why do you make a thread saying Shelby GT500 Live Q&A, then overlook the questions that have been posted in the thread? I understand that you have alot more business to do than just sit online and answer forum quesitons, but if you're going to respond to the thread - about questions for you, nonetheless - respond to the questions in the thread, rather than just stating that you will be the first 10 second Shelby :nonono:

snatchss454

Established Member
Jeeze, I dont have a lot of posts, but Im not a troll. This is a shame, evolution could have had a lot more business if they were more upfront, the whole situation is sketchy to me and I have a hard time believing any of the numbers posted.
The way they went about modding this car seems chaotic and unorganized and just kept throwing stuff at it, instead of trying to max out each new peice to the puzzle.
Just my .02
Shane

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Evolution said:
Let the questions begin!
1) When you did the 500/502 dyno pull, what was the ambient temp, absolute pressure, and relative humidity.
2) When you reported the 500/502 dyno results, were the number SAE corrected for air density. If not, what correction factor was used. I know you are now saying they were corrected, but I want to know exactly which correction factor. I know a MD can use SAE air density corrections.)
2b) How much timing and what was the AFR in that pull.
3) When you ran the car at 11.8 @ 120.9, how much did the car weigh (race weight) and what were the weight reduction mods at the time
4) When you did the 2.6” pulley pull (563/562), what was the ambient temp, absolute pressure, and relative humidity
5) When you reported the dyno results for the 2.6” pulley dyno pull (563/562), were the number SAE corrected for air density. If not, what correction factor was used.
5b) How much timing and what was the AFR in the 563/562 pull.
6) I would like to see boost pressure vs RPM for both the 500/502 and 563/562 pulls.
7) How much does the car weigh now. (State w/ or w/o driver and/or fuel.)

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Fred, there is a scale in Downingtown if you want to weigh the car. I was on it a few weeks ago.

It's right where Boot Road dumps into 322, across from the WaWa.

RepoMann

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
1) When you did the 500/502 dyno pull, what was the ambient temp, absolute pressure, and relative humidity.
2) When you reported the 500/502 dyno results, were the number SAE corrected for air density. If not, what correction factor was used. I know you are now saying they were corrected, but I want to know exactly which correction factor. I know a MD can use SAE air density corrections.)
2b) How much timing and what was the AFR in that pull.
3) When you ran the car at 11.8 @ 120.9, how much did the car weigh (race weight) and what were the weight reduction mods at the time
4) When you did the 2.6” pulley pull (563/562), what was the ambient temp, absolute pressure, and relative humidity
5) When you reported the dyno results for the 2.6” pulley dyno pull (563/562), were the number SAE corrected for air density. If not, what correction factor was used.
5b) How much timing and what was the AFR in the 563/562 pull.
6) I would like to see boost pressure vs RPM for both the 500/502 and 563/562 pulls.
7) How much does the car weigh now. (State w/ or w/o driver and/or fuel.)

Jesus! Why don't you ask the guy to draw a diagram of the genetic sequence of his DNA while he was sitting in the car during the dyno pull, and what was the relative humidity in his pants at the time. Just take the numbers that were provided for god's sake. Why in the world would you need to know the relative humidity during the dyno pull?? I realize that it would have a very slight impact on HP numbers, but c'mon. How technical do you really have to get. Do you have an emblem on the side of you car that says:

untitled.gif

:lol:
I mean seriously, do we have to get that specific here?

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
RepoMann said:
Jesus! Why don't you ask the guy to draw a diagram of the genetic sequence of his DNA while he was sitting in the car during the dyno pull, and what was the relative humidity in his pants at the time. Just take the numbers that were provided for god's sake. Why in the world would you need to know the relative humidity during the dyno pull?? I realize that it would have a very slight impact on HP numbers, but c'mon. How technical do you really have to get. Do you have an emblem on the side of you car that says:

untitled.gif

:lol:
I mean seriously, do we have to get that specific here?
he's an engineer (a good one at that) and an asset to this community. Back off NEWB. His intentions are to analyze this data and give us a better understanding of what it all means.

eci

Banned
dgussin1 said:
he's an engineer (a good one at that) and an asset to this community. Back off NEWB. His intentions are to analyze this data and give us a better understanding of what it all means.

Were you born......snip...... *** moderators edit***

eci:

NO personal attacks in here! This isn't Smackdown!

If you have any questions, drop me a PM

ac427cobra

Users who are viewing this thread