Evos mustang

R-SPEC015

Established Member
Unfortunately the bottom has fallen out of the large car market here in Australia. In reality, it is a sensible move by Ford to stop local manufacturing as they've been bleeding red ink.

It's probably best to retire the nameplate too as Falcon has always been synonymous with rear wheel drive and I6/V8 engines; plus the model has really fallen out of favour.

Ford are holding an information night here in August at which it will provide details of its vision for 2016 and beyond.

Here are a couple of shots of my Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) GT R-Spec. Supercharged 5.0 with 335kW. ZF 6-speed auto. Brembo 6/4 combination.

frontsideb.jpg

dsc00109ce.jpg

dsc00103ut.jpg

dsc00101cv.jpg

Sadly, these cars will no longer be made either.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Unfortunately the bottom has fallen out of the large car market here in Australia. In reality, it is a sensible move by Ford to stop local manufacturing as they've been bleeding red ink.

It's probably best to retire the nameplate too as Falcon has always been synonymous with rear wheel drive and I6/V8 engines; plus the model has really fallen out of favour.

Ford are holding an information night here in August at which it will provide details of its vision for 2016 and beyond.

Here are a couple of shots of my Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) GT R-Spec. Supercharged 5.0 with 335kW. ZF 6-speed auto. Brembo 6/4 combination.

frontsideb.jpg

dsc00109ce.jpg

dsc00103ut.jpg

dsc00101cv.jpg

C'mon, dude?! No pics with the hood up?:burnout:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

frontsideb.jpg

dsc00109ce.jpg

dsc00103ut.jpg

dsc00101cv.jpg

Thats what im talking about.........thats such a nice car. Why kill the nameplate all together? Sweet ride btw.

R-SPEC015

Established Member
Here's a couple of shots from under the bonnet (hood!)

There's nothing like the whine from the supercharger. These have been timed at 4.5sec to 100kmh. The ZF is such an intuitive gearbox and has been strengthened to cope with the torque these engines turn out.

tbly.jpg

2lzi.jpg

I also have new wheels on order from the USA, Forgestar CF5's in gloss black. Standard rims are 19x8 F and 19x9 R. I'm going up to 19x8.5 F and 19x9.5 R. I hear Forgestar are always slow at this time of year. This is a sample photo. Personally, I think they're a great looking wheel and look great on Mustangs!

20121012132854.jpg

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member

frontsideb.jpg

dsc00109ce.jpg

dsc00103ut.jpg

dsc00101cv.jpg

drool fest!

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Boss 335 is supposed to stand for 335 kilowatts of power, which translates to about 460 horsepower... Sounds less than what I'd expect from a supercharged coyote, but it's still a whole lot better than any sedan we can get from Ford U.S. 365 hp Taurus SHO is the best we can get.

R-SPEC015

Established Member
Boss 335 is supposed to stand for 335 kilowatts of power, which translates to about 460 horsepower... Sounds less than what I'd expect from a supercharged coyote, but it's still a whole lot better than any sedan we can get from Ford U.S. 365 hp Taurus SHO is the best we can get.

Although it's officially rated at 335kW it is understated as these have been dyno'd at 300 to 330 rear wheel kW. Ford and Holden (GM) don't want to be seen to be engaging in a power war and risk the ire of Government Authorities and public interest groups like the Pedestrian Council.

We had a "Supercar Scare" here back in 1972 when a journalist ran a sensationalist report in the Sunday newspaper about V8 powered "family" sedans capable of 160mph down Conrod Straight at Bathurst (our annual 1000km "Great Race"). Governments threatened to stop buying their cars.

Also, considering the rear rubber they have, 8" on the standard GT's and 9" on the R-Spec, they have more than enough power and can still get to 100kmh in 4.5secs.

It's just amazing that we can get these 4 door sedans with a supercharged V8 with a full 3-year factory warranty.

Sorry for the rambling!

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I dont think its the same 5.0 thats in the 11-14 GTs is it?

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Although it's officially rated at 335kW it is understated as these have been dyno'd at 300 to 330 rear wheel kW. Ford and Holden (GM) don't want to be seen to be engaging in a power war and risk the ire of Government Authorities and public interest groups like the Pedestrian Council.

We had a "Supercar Scare" here back in 1972 when a journalist ran a sensationalist report in the Sunday newspaper about V8 powered "family" sedans capable of 160mph down Conrod Straight at Bathurst (our annual 1000km "Great Race"). Governments threatened to stop buying their cars.

Also, considering the rear rubber they have, 8" on the standard GT's and 9" on the R-Spec, they have more than enough power and can still get to 100kmh in 4.5secs.

It's just amazing that we can get these 4 door sedans with a supercharged V8 with a full 3-year factory warranty.

Sorry for the rambling!

I love Australia and considered moving there at one point, but the govt seems to be way too big brotherish as of late. Taking away all guns and heavily regulating everything.

R-SPEC015

Established Member
Thanks mustangc. That's the engine we have in our cars.

The supercharger was locally developed by Harrop Engineering. An intercooler was developed and tested and was planned to be released in a model called GT-H. The problem was this engine developed so much torque that structural modifications were required to strengthen the firewall. This would have necessitated new crash testing to certify the vehicle; Ford and Prodrive couldn't agree on who would pay for this testing and the project was abandoned.

We're hoping that with the last version of the Falcon (FH) to be released next year that cost could have been covered with the crash testing of the new model and we might just see a ball-tearer of a GT for the last hurrah!

xr8menace

Established Member
FWIW, It looks like they only use the intake VCT and leave the exhaust cam timing fixed...

Ford Falcon 5.0 "Miami" V8. The Boss 335 | Insane Industry

Yes thats correct our factory ECU can only operate the Intake cam timing.

FYI, my FG GT ran a best time of 12.31 @ 114mph stock on street tires. On average they make between 320-330rwkw off the show room floor.

Here a pic of mine, a bit more subtle than the R-Spec.

img0139an.jpg

xr8menace

Established Member
Hi XR8menace,

You thinking there might be a Mustang in your future??

I just traded the GT with the plates on it, kicking myself now! Those plates would be mint on a GT500. I'll definitely be looking at the new mustangs when they come to Oz. It won't stay stock for long, twin turbo coyote mustang :rockon:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Yes thats correct our factory ECU can only operate the Intake cam timing.

FYI, my FG GT ran a best time of 12.31 @ 114mph stock on street tires. On average they make between 320-330rwkw off the show room floor.

Here a pic of mine, a bit more subtle than the R-Spec.

img0139an.jpg

Nice, thats pretty quick for grocery getter :) I wouldnt mind having a family sedan that could move out like that.

Users who are viewing this thread