Evos mustang

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
"it looks great" coming from the guy that designed the probe.....wasnt the probe supposed to replace the mustang? we are done for....

paynecasey

Established Member
"it looks great" coming from the guy that designed the probe.....wasnt the probe supposed to replace the mustang? we are done for....

Good point.
Jack Telnack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Telnack and his team of designers were responsible for ushering a new era of aerodynamic design to America's mainstream marketplace. Cars like the 1979 Ford Mustang, 1983 Ford Thunderbird, 1984 Ford Tempo and Lincoln Mark VII were moderate successes that showed Ford's intention to change their traditional design language for a more contemporary, European style."

He doesn't exactly have a track record of pretty cars but look what he had to work with.

nicksender

Established Member
I think of the two showed in the thread it will look like the white car, especially based on what the people involved with the new car are trying to sell.

It appears it might have that Evo/Fusion front end, nothing has been rumored otherwise.

If you picture that car with some spoiler on it and the body raised up a few more inches per every Mustang of the last few generations; I think that gets it close to what reality is.

Just like every other new model you're going to have a 50-50 split on whether people like it or not. Hopefully it translates into sales for Ford for the future of the car.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If you were to ask me which rendering is the closest, I would say I hope it's the C&D rendering and that's because it's the most realistic looking and professionally done rendering. It isn't a reskinned Photoshop of a 2013 gt/cs like the white one above. Someone with skill actually knew what they were doing and that's the only one I've seen so far like it. All the others are touch ups of current models or straight up Hot Wheels looking which makes them completely unrealistic in every sense.

We've heard all the rumors as well and most of us are well aware of what Ford is working on. It all has potential of making it into the Mustang but behind the scenes it's much more complicated. I hope a TT V8 makes it to production but there's nothing to indicate that it will make it into the Mustang any time soon; there's been no word on it whatsoever outside of the Cobra Jet.

paynecasey

Established Member
Link Car & Driver Render

Honestly, I wish this would win and the front is similar to the black one up above.

Oh and for the guy calling my stuff bs. From the article linked
"Dimensionally, the 2015 edition won’t differ much from the current car, but it will employ an all-new unibody"

ALL NEW CHASSIS. Not a redesign.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Link Car & Driver Render

Honestly, I wish this would win and the front is similar to the black one up above.

Oh and for the guy calling my stuff bs. From the article linked
"Dimensionally, the 2015 edition won’t differ much from the current car, but it will employ an all-new unibody"

ALL NEW CHASSIS. Not a redesign.
you understand that you're quoting ****ing car & driver, right? do you think it's a coincidence that every major publication and news source has their own rendering based on information from supposed "insiders", has their own "news" that contradicts the "news" from the competition, all the while they are all claiming to be the "#1 automotive news provider"? it's not a coincidence; they are all full of shit. all they care about is moving magazines and getting you to click on their websites, that's how they make money. they could care less if their information is correct because joe blow public that picks up a copy of motortrend with a rendering of the new mustang won't even remember that they were completely and utterly wrong 9 months down the road when he buys another copy of motortrend with a new rendering of the next camaro that will also be completely fabricated.

don't quote that shit if you want to be taken seriously, they are in no way, shape, or form reliable news sources for future models. they've been wrong time and time again. the S550 will, in fact, be a highly modified S197, this is absolutely ancient news as ford's 'global rear wheel drive' platform died years ago and the ford falcon has already been confirmed to be moving to FWD/AWD.

paynecasey

Established Member
you understand that you're quoting ****ing car & driver, right? do you think it's a coincidence that every major publication and news source has their own rendering based on information from supposed "insiders", has their own "news" that contradicts the "news" from the competition, all the while they are all claiming to be the "#1 automotive news provider"? it's not a coincidence; they are all full of shit. all they care about is moving magazines and getting you to click on their websites, that's how they make money. they could care less if their information is correct because joe blow public that picks up a copy of motortrend with a rendering of the new mustang won't even remember that they were completely and utterly wrong 9 months down the road when he buys another copy of motortrend with a new rendering of the next camaro that will also be completely fabricated.

don't quote that shit if you want to be taken seriously, they are in no way, shape, or form reliable news sources for future models. they've been wrong time and time again. the S550 will, in fact, be a highly modified S197, this is absolutely ancient news as ford's 'global rear wheel drive' platform died years ago and the ford falcon has already been confirmed to be moving to FWD/AWD.

I am we'll aware of the business they are in and that's site traffic for advertising. But a couple months before a showing GM shared with C&D the C7 and they had an article ready the day the car was out. So they basically got an early shelling then.

I do know its all here say right now but it's sun to speculate.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I am we'll aware of the business they are in and that's site traffic for advertising. But a couple months before a showing GM shared with C&D the C7 and they had an article ready the day the car was out. So they basically got an early shelling then.

I do know its all here say right now but it's sun to speculate.
if you know it's all hearsay then why make such a proclamation that the S550 isn't at all related to the S197?
BTW, the C7 renderings that you saw from C&D are nothing more than a rehash of the renderings that jalopnik released about 2 months prior. jalopnik absolutely nailed the C7 months before it's unveiling, and everyone else was quick to jump on their coat tails and release renderings of the C7 that "just so happened" to look pretty similar to the renderings jalopnik released.
as far as having an article ready, that's nothing more than a rehash of the press release that the auto companies hand out to the media at large the day of. in some cases, a manufacturer will hold a PR event for the media and slap a press embargo on them until the day of the official unveil, so as to create a flood of information and PR for their latest release. on rare occasion, a manufacturer will give one specific media outlet an exclusive preview/test/whatever of a product before its release, but this in no way, shape, or form means that they got any sort of "insider info" prior to this. granted, they may intentionally leak some info in a non-formal capacity to judge the publics opinion on a specific feature, but they aren't going to intentionally let legitimate info out without an official press release.

paynecasey

Established Member
if you know it's all hearsay then why make such a proclamation that the S550 isn't at all related to the S197?
BTW, the C7 renderings that you saw from C&D are nothing more than a rehash of the renderings that jalopnik released about 2 months prior. jalopnik absolutely nailed the C7 months before it's unveiling, and everyone else was quick to jump on their coat tails and release renderings of the C7 that "just so happened" to look pretty similar to the renderings jalopnik released.
as far as having an article ready, that's nothing more than a rehash of the press release that the auto companies hand out to the media at large the day of. in some cases, a manufacturer will hold a PR event for the media and slap a press embargo on them until the day of the official unveil, so as to create a flood of information and PR for their latest release. on rare occasion, a manufacturer will give one specific media outlet an exclusive preview/test/whatever of a product before its release, but this in no way, shape, or form means that they got any sort of "insider info" prior to this. granted, they may intentionally leak some info in a non-formal capacity to judge the publics opinion on a specific feature, but they aren't going to intentionally let legitimate info out without an official press release.

I'm not 100% sure but if you read the jalopnik article on the C7 they mention that they got the pics from another car mag that could not share the info yet because of some kind of timing embargo GM put on people.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I'm not 100% sure but if you read the jalopnik article on the C7 they mention that they got the pics from another car mag that could not share the info yet because of some kind of timing embargo GM put on people.
spy shots? or GM didn't give them an early PR package? not quite sure what exactly you're referring to, but their renderings are 100% their own. they claim to have actually seen the car in the flesh without camo for a few moments and based their rendering on that. i don't know how much i believe that(that's a pretty major claim), but someone either got eyes on that car, or a legitimate insider completely spilled the beans. either way, someone at GM dropped the ball on that one.

R-SPEC015

Established Member
and the ford falcon has already been confirmed to be moving to FWD/AWD.

If you're referring to the Australian Ford Falcon it's not going FWD/AWD. It has been confirmed that manufacturing here will cease in 2016 and the nameplate will be retired along with the car. Will be a very sad day for Ford enthusiasts here in Oz.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
If you're referring to the Australian Ford Falcon it's not going FWD/AWD. It has been confirmed that manufacturing here will cease in 2016 and the nameplate will be retired along with the car. Will be a very sad day for Ford enthusiasts here in Oz.
ah, i didn't hear about the death of the nameplate altogether. sad day indeed.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ya freakin sucks. Thats a pretty dumb move on fords part for sure.
not a dumb move at all. it's getting more and more expensive to build cars in australia, and that's multiplied when the cars aren't sold in any other country. as far as the US is concerned an asymmetric floor pan and engine compartment means it would have to be significantly reengineered for LHD. there is no market here for it anyways, despite what every 'enthusiast' says - both the GTO and G8 were monumental sales flops, despite every 'enthusiast' saying that they would buy them if they were brought over here. finally, sales of the falcon and holden commodore(which, last i heard, will go FWD in 2016) have absolutely TANKED in australia...
Australian_large_car_sales_1991_onwards.png

...and you can see that it's not a dumb move, but it's an inevitable move. they are selling less than half of what they were selling a decade ago. just like the rest of the world, australians simply don't want these cars anymore.
i don't like the decision, but that doesn't mean it's a dumb one.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That move by Ford just tells me that they have more foresight than GM does. GM likes to stick with failing models til the last minute.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
That move by Ford just tells me that they have more foresight than GM does. GM likes to stick with failing models til the last minute.
well GM(holden) is trying to suck as much money out of the australian government as they can, and of course the main goal of that deal is to keep manufacturing in australia. i don't know how many models they actually produce in australia vs import but i don't think it's too many. and with the commodore getting a facelift earlier this year, they are obviously going to ride out this current generation before making the switch to one of their global cars. so the current commodore is pretty important for them right now for political reasons.
i will say, it's definitely a smarter move on GM's part to keep the commodore name, even if switching to FWD, vs killing the model name all together like ford will apparently be doing. mulally showed just how important name cache is when he renamed the 500 back to taurus.

paynecasey

Established Member
well GM(holden) is trying to suck as much money out of the australian government as they can, and of course the main goal of that deal is to keep manufacturing in australia. i don't know how many models they actually produce in australia vs import but i don't think it's too many. and with the commodore getting a facelift earlier this year, they are obviously going to ride out this current generation before making the switch to one of their global cars. so the current commodore is pretty important for them right now for political reasons.
i will say, it's definitely a smarter move on GM's part to keep the commodore name, even if switching to FWD, vs killing the model name all together like ford will apparently be doing. mulally showed just how important name cache is when he renamed the 500 back to taurus.

Isn't the 2014 Chevy SS based on that same platform? Front engine rear wheel drive. I don't see how Holden can make it front wheel drive.

Users who are viewing this thread