exhaust choice?

What cat-back and x-pipe did you choose?

• Bassani Cat-Back

Votes: 164 27.2%
  • Magnaflow Cat-Back

Votes: 186 30.8%
  • Borla Cat-Back

Votes: 107 17.7%
  • Other Cat-Back

Votes: 89 14.7%
  • Bassani X-Pipe

Votes: 158 26.2%
  • Magnaflow X-Pipe

Votes: 98 16.2%
  • Borla X-Pipe

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Other X-Pipe

Votes: 65 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
MAC 1 3/4 long tubes and Dr. Gas shorty X pipe to MAC catback w/ 3.5" chrome tails (99 GT)

Cobraguy01

Behind The Scene
Established Member
My vote is for QMP Offroad 3in Catback. Sending them your way Rob.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
WHy is the UPR O/R X-pipe so much cheaper than everyone else's?

Don't just say "because it sucks", say WHY :beer:.

2JZFAN

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
WHy is the UPR O/R X-pipe so much cheaper than everyone else's?

Don't just say "because it sucks", say WHY :beer:.

Well I noticed a loss in torque but gained some power up top. I can still spin em in 2nd and third but it just didn't feel the same. As for the top end power, it's great.

I don't think it's that the UPR sucks. I think it's the way the flow is crossed. Instead of being a true x pipe like a Dr. Gas or Bassani. A UPR x-pipe is like two pipes welded together. From what I would figure, I don't loose as much torque as a Dr. Gas but I won't get as much top end from the flow the Dr. Gas might get.

Bottom line is I got mine at an SVTOA raffle. So no complaints here.

offroad_upr_xpipe1.jpg

offroad_upr_xpipe2.jpg

offroad_upr_xpipe3.jpg

The install was quick and simple, everything lined up nicely and I've had no problems with it.

Rev in the park.

Driving away in park

Bridge 1

Bridge 2

Hope that helps.. :shrug:

and about it being cheap. It's priced well, like many things they make. Check em out UPRProducts.com

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
That helps quite a bit, thanks. I have a chip tuned for an offroad X-pipe, but I am still running my stock one. I'm wondering if the tune is not working up to it's potential because of this.

2JZFAN

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
That helps quite a bit, thanks. I have a chip tuned for an offroad X-pipe, but I am still running my stock one. I'm wondering if the tune is not working up to it's potential because of this.

Well personally I dunno about your situation. I recently got my chip tuned for my setup plus a 4" Powerpipe, 83mm MAF, and 8" filter. Problem is, I don't have those things yet... so my car is a bit sluggish down low, but wakes up once at speed when velocity kicks in. Possibly yours is effected but I think the X-Pipe thing on the chip just has to do with turning off your rear sensors. :shrug:

trey193

Established Member
I have the UPR offroad X on my 03 Cobra with the Mac Catback, great fit, great sound, and it makes power as well. You cant go wrong for 140 bucks, by the way which catback is that in your soundbytes??? Trey

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by 2JZFAN
Possibly yours is effected but I think the X-Pipe thing on the chip just has to do with turning off your rear sensors. :shrug:

Yeah, I know they turned that off for sure, just didn't know if it influenced anything else too. I thought my times were slow for the mods I had, but I think my slipping clutch was the culprit there instead. We'll see.

2JZFAN

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I have the UPR offroad X on my 03 Cobra with the Mac Catback, great fit, great sound, and it makes power as well. You cant go wrong for 140 bucks, by the way which catback is that in your soundbytes??? Trey

Stock '99 Fixed Catback. Supposidly it yields some more power. It's always been deeper then other Cobras and GTs. The cross pipe just gave it a little more of an edge. Do you have a clip of the UPR and MAC? I was thinking of this combo. Thanks!

arizona302

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I have the UPR offroad X on my 03 Cobra with the Mac Catback, great fit, great sound, and it makes power as well.

Do your tips look kinda jagged? The MAC sounds great but I don't like the quality of the tips.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Flowmaster American Thunder catback. Stock H. Sounds great and some SOTP increase for sure. Required a little modification, but fit perfect afterward.

wicked03snake

Established Member
i just cut out my factory mufflers and welded in 2 chamber flows, but im not sure that im gettin the power out that i would with a full cat back the sound is mean but i think that a good catback that someone has put some research into would make more power across the board

ralphy1798

Established Member
Put a bassani X pipe and Bassani cat back on my Lightning and got an amazing note screaming from the passenger's side

beabout

Established Member
Bassani X-pipe and aft cat system..... stainless 2.5" into 4" collectors. Comes w/hp cats, pipes to replace cats if desired) and removable resonators in the tips.... great sound at wot and mild sound at idle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread