exhaust choice?

What cat-back and x-pipe did you choose?

• Bassani Cat-Back

Votes: 164 27.2%
  • Magnaflow Cat-Back

Votes: 186 30.8%
  • Borla Cat-Back

Votes: 107 17.7%
  • Other Cat-Back

Votes: 89 14.7%
  • Bassani X-Pipe

Votes: 158 26.2%
  • Magnaflow X-Pipe

Votes: 98 16.2%
  • Borla X-Pipe

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Other X-Pipe

Votes: 65 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmax

Established Member
I'm using the Sean Hyland Motor Sport header straight back system inluding 3" cat back.Average gains on his and our Dyno's 60-70 rrwhp.The ssysstem is perfectly tuned by Sean and his engineering staff and no other ssysytem will put out these #'s by 20 rrwhp.David Smilovic.
PS. 3" straight back from header,no welding and perfect slip fit.Dave.

davidmax

Established Member
Oh aandd by the way the sysstem comes with Hi-Flow cats and X pipe,purcased seperately made of this stainless would be 3200+,sells
for about 2200.00,Dave S.
Best ssysytem weve found and were running 9 on ccustomers cars and 2 on our shop mules.Dave

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
I ended up with a Bassani x-pipe & Spin Tech catback. Spin Tech is suppose to produce great horsepower and has a very unique sound. I'm hoping to have it installed next week.

DPS

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
I'm using the Sean Hyland Motor Sport header straight back system inluding 3" cat back.Average gains on his and our Dyno's 60-70 rrwhp.The ssysstem is perfectly tuned by Sean and his engineering staff and no other ssysytem will put out these #'s by 20 rrwhp.David Smilovic.
PS. 3" straight back from header,no welding and perfect slip fit.Dave.

Hi Dave. That seems like a lot of HP increase:eek: Is that starting with a stock car or an already modded care (like with a pully and chip). Also, how about sound. Doe's it have the drone? I have Magnaflow and I don't care for the sound in the car at highway speeds.

:beer:

therunyan

Established Member
DPS: You may want to give the Bassani baffles a try -- I hated the slight drone I'd get at 2200 RPMs with my Magnaflows, but the baffles cut it out completely. Slightly mellower tone now, but still loud enough... Bassani will ship them to you directly, they fit right into the tail and stay in place with a screw into the the hole that's pre-drilled in the Magnaflow tips. A whopping 2 minute install (and if you are considering buying a new cat-back due to the drone, it's a much cheaper route).

wjfawb0

Established Member
Ordered a Borla Stinger from xtreme motorsports today. Planning on Dr. Gas X-pipe early next year.

-Jason

04Screamer

Established Member
I have Bassani Cat-back w/stock H-pipe now, and it's sounds awesome.

Any opinions on the Borla Stinger compared to Bassani Cat-Back?

Last edited:

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
i personally love bassani exhaust because they have a distinct sound to them. a deep and throaty get the f*ck out of my way sound.

wjfawb0

Established Member
Originally posted by wjfawb0
Ordered a Borla Stinger from xtreme motorsports today. Planning on Dr. Gas X-pipe early next year.

-Jason

Well, the Borla is installed and sounds great. Nice and deep with the stock H. My only concern is how an offroad Dr. Gas X will affect the sound. I have no doubt the power numbers will increase. I just don't want a nasty hollow high pitched sounding cobra.

-Jason

DHFB

Established Member
Classic Flowmasters here. Had 16 mustangs and 16 flowmasters and will never change; NEVER......

2003 Silver

Banned
4cefed03 said:
Guys I really need to decide on a cat-back and catted x-pipe. I really have no clue thought about bassani, magnaflow, or even borla but I have yet to hear any of these. Do any of you guys have any sound clips?

You are like me...unfortuantely I have bought all three...no one around me has them so I had to hear them personally thru my car (my Bassani cb & catted x go on tomorrow...if I don't like it I am going to reinstall my Magnaflow setup). Borla Stingers where too loud for me, Maggie setup is nice, but I have heard too much about Bassani not to give it a shot.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
I have Bassani mid-lengths,Bassani x-pipe with round cats,Magnaflow catback and MRT rolled tips.I am very pleased with this setup.It has no drone,but yet it gets busy when you step on the loud pedal. :burnout:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Damn another thread being brought back from the dead........well while it's at the top I vote Borla Stinger and Dr. Gas O/R x-pipe, yes it's loud enough to wake the dead but it sounds awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread