Exhaust Opinions. 13 GT500

AA1_DELTA

Established Member
Good Afternoon I want to get some opinions on what you guys think here. I have a 13 GT500 that I bought with some mods already installed. I usually don't like to by modded cars because of the unknown but this was a good deal not to buy.
Currently is has Dynatech Headers to a catless x pipe. I'm currently getting re tuned because I want to have a good base line for my own sanity and now with all the new restrictions I'm getting a P0420. I'm not to familiar with the Dynatech brand of exhaust as far as quality goes.
My question is do I leave the System as is and weld in come cats?
Or buy a new set from "name your brand" that have cats if the Dynatech is a not common or reputable brand.
Also have stock midpipes with Corsa sport axle backs if that makes a difference.

Thanks all

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
P0420 is obviously due to your no cats. Dynatech IMO is an off brand....budget minded set up. With that said..... it will work if your on a budget and just weld in some decent cats.If you want to splurge on a new header w/ midpipe cat setup look no further than American Racing or KooKs. Can't go wrong with either!! High quality exhaust systems!

AA1_DELTA

Established Member
P0420 is obviously due to your no cats. Dynatech IMO is an off brand....budget minded set up. With that said..... it will work if your on a budget and just weld in some decent cats.If you want to splurge on a new header w/ midpipe cat setup look no further than American Racing or KooKs. Can't go wrong with either!! High quality exhaust systems!
Its not Technically about the cost. More or less about if the quality improvement will be there. I hear headers on these vehicles are not the easiest thing to replace. So will it be worth my weekend and beers lol to replace these to just get cats that might throw the code anyway?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Quality improvement.......absolutely!! Header installs on our shelbys can be challenging but Im sure youd be very happy with either product and the final outcome on the install. KOOKS offers a option on cat type preference that is more enviromentally/emission friendly.

If you decide to just modify and add cats to your existing set up. I would recommend these. KOOKS Green are another option.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I’m not to familiar with the set up as far as Dynatech. However this would be the place to figure that out. There are quite a few GT500 guys on here. I’ll tag them for help in this regard.
@1Kona_Venom @2011 gtcs @Vinnie_B @COOL COBRA @Norton
I’ve got Kooks long tubes on my Mach 1, but after seeing multiple guys swap multiple exhaust systems for the Shelby’s looking for that “magic“ sound and usually failing, I left mine stock.
I like the stock exhaust sound BUT I wanted more volume at times. So I added Doug’s electric cutouts! Stock or full open with the flip of the switch hidden from view under the dash.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
I’ve got Kooks long tubes on my Mach 1, but after seeing multiple guys swap multiple exhaust systems for the Shelby’s looking for that “magic“ sound and usually failing, I left mine stock.
I like the stock exhaust sound BUT I wanted more volume at times. So I added Kooks electric cutouts! Stock or full open with the flip of the switch hidden from view under the dash.
Hell yeah bud, did the same. I have Corsa Xtreme’s on mine. Thats it, still stock resonator delete and stock headers. I love mine.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks for the tag, @LS WUT. As most will attest, I'm happy to offer my opinions when I have them. :ROFLMAO:

In this case, what I know of Dynatech tracks with @Vinnie_B's feedback. If you're committed to an aftermarket setup, his advice is solid. I'm actually happy with stock tone/note, so I took a path similar to @COOL COBRA, leaving mine that way. I'd follow his lead, if more volume was my goal.

Good luck, OP!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Its not Technically about the cost. More or less about if the quality improvement will be there. I hear headers on these vehicles are not the easiest thing to replace. So will it be worth my weekend and beers lol to replace these to just get cats that might throw the code anyway?
Have Kooks " green " cats on my 14, they don't throw codes, N.J. is an inspection state, & I do nothing to pass @ a state inspection center.
Also, headers can be done on jack stands, people that have done it say they won't do it again, a lift is the way to go..

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
American Racing, no cats

If I had to install cats on mine I'd do so by simply removing the midpipe and installing a catted mid pipe by ARH, but I am not required to.

Notes:
If your going to run normal amounts for boost, your cats will be fine

If you plan on running higher amounts of boost, 20#+, your cats will get destroyed and could end in a catastrophic event.

Screenshot_20230815_180217.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread