Exotic car rentals in Vegas worth it ?

hey11101

Established Member
Going to Vegas in February with my wife for about 3 nights I was thinking about renting a lambo or dodge viper, anyone who has done this before was it worth it or you would not do it again ? It seems that most of them have a cap of 100 miles a day so not exactly sure where would be a good destination to go to.

also throw some ideas of fun things to do, so far we will probably be doing magic show, zumanity show, comic show.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
I would definitely go to Dream Racing at vegas speedway. When I went, I raced the supperlegera around the track, sooo much fun. Had a blast. Decided to book the McLaren MP4-12C the next day. That car is insane. Soooo fast. Shifted so much smoother, handled a lot better, only thing the supperlegera did better was brake feel. Didn't fade as fast and felt more soild.

But yeah, I definitely recommend that

byeofcr

Established Member
I had buddies rent a ferrari a few years back. They needed proof of current insurance (their own). A credit card w a good balance etc... Other than that they had it for 24hrs whatever they wanted to do... Problem was they became "those guys" and were getting made fun of by everyone after making their 5th pass down the strip revvin it up needlessly... Clowns. Then they got shitfaced and the car stayed park the rest of the 22 hours they had with it.Lol it may have changed id call ahead of time and see if you can reserve the car of your choice.

You could take it to lake mead (tho its cold in feb the scenery is great amd valley of fire natl park is right across the dam

Any of the shows are good. Esp the cirque shows. Jubilee is a throwback to old vegas and a favorite of tourists. Def. check out the hard rock. The ferrari dealership in the wynn (10 buck cover). Chris angels show is still going on.. Im local but i never go down to the strip but its hard to not have a good time

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
I would do it simply because I would have more fun doing something like that with my girl instead of spending that money sitting in front of a slot machine. There are many cool places to go, but for the price I would want more than 100 miles per day. I would use the hell out of it if I were paying for it...

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
My wife rented a Lambo for my birthday a few years back. Absolutely fun! I would do it again, It is pretty pricey though. But I'm not into gambling so it was worth. We only had it for half a day so rather than show off on the strip, we went to some area where it looked like a canyon. Sorry that's the best my memory can do.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I've done it several times in years past. It was worth the money to me. I was in Newport Beach CA when I rented them though, drove the PCH and had so much fun. Not sure where to cruise in Vegas other than the strip or a drive to Hover Dam. As far as the mileage goes, you will go over and just expect to add that expense in when considering it. I have young children now, but I will rent something with the wife again for sure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You will likely regret it down the road if you DON'T do the rental. Sounds like it is something you really want to do. Don't miss out on a great opportunity. One that will be the/a highlight of your Vegas trip, and one that you won't forget. JMO.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
My buddy rented a Ferrari in Vegas a couple years ago. I'm not sure what company it was and maybe it was some shady rental company, but he said they didn't really notice until they left and paid but the car was in pretty rough shape, so make sure you read plenty of reviews to get the best bang for the buck and get a decent ride that's been well maintained.

He said you didn't notice it while your face was all lit up first renting it or from pictures on Facebook, but after getting out on the road they noticed rips in the seats, trunk area smelled because it leaked terribly after a rain and their shit was wet, door handle was broken, and the car seemed to have a misfire among various other issues that just didn't seem to justify the price even for an exotic. If he could do it again, he would avoid the company he rented from...I'll have to ask him what company it was.

Also, maybe someone can pipe in with the name, but some user here said awhile back for members to hit up and he can get the VIP or discounted bottle service at a club he's associated with.

Last edited:

hey11101

Established Member
Ended up getting 2012 ferrari 458 italia black hardtop for 6hrs. Going to go to red rock canyon and hoover dam and should still have miles left over. Pretty excited about this little journey, we did the morning schedule so we can still see shows at night.

Last edited:

truefiveo

Established Member
From what I heard about exotic rentals is that they take a huge $3-5k deposit charge on your credit card. Then try thier best to knit pick chips and body damage to keep some of that deposit.
As for the track rental, I dont think its worth the money to drive around a track repeatedly with some instructor breathing down my neck baby sitting my every turn

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Years ago in Vegas I hit $500 on a slot machine, took that and rented a dodge viper for 24 hours. It was $300/day plus $1 per mile. I put almost 150 miles on the car, and after squaring up, mileage, tax, etc and handing the guy my $500, he literally handed me back $1 and change. But it was worth it, had a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread