Expanding Foam In Shaker?

Ohms

Established Member
So im cleaning my airfilter today, and realize the PITA it would be to remove the MAF assembly to get to the filter, and end up just taking the whole intake assembly off. As I do this the elbow leading from the shaker to the K&N box pops off, no big deal I go to put it back on and I see like 20bugs, dirt, sand and every other object that has entered my shaker fall out, so as I look inside to see why all this crap got stuck, I see 3 cans worth of Great Stuff expanding foam inside the elbow!

Apparently the previous owner thought it would be a grand idea to fill the tube with expanding foam so water wouldnt get to the filter? Thats the best explanation I could come up with today. so if anybodys got an extra elbow they didnt fill with expanding foam you would like to sell I'll take it off your hands.

But I did get a new fuel filter and some NGK Tr55's in afterwards, woo!

heres some pics-
Looks like everyone elses little tube..
l_d3d7cde78cb7455a99566790293247a9.jpg

wtf expanding foam?
l_e0a780e6f521495f9d28af703010db4a.jpg

AND cardboard.. comeon now.
l_e0f678548c7743dd9a07d88bc68ee42e.jpg

Last edited:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
lol hahaha that has to be one of the funnies things i think i have seen yet im still using mine or i would sell it to ya ill talk to my roommate he might have his thou

4valvemach

Established Member
:lol:

Try foaming penetrating oil for rusted bolts and stuff we use it at work to melt down foam cups all the time (nothing else to do at work)or use a long drill bit to drill out the center then a flat head scew driver to buste the rest out

EVO-lution

Established Member
that sux bro. Thats something that would happen to me.

i would sell you mine...but i been using it as a storage for my prize winning bees:shrug:

Ohms

Established Member
Thanks for the offers to sell me yours, but I ended up beating it to death with a screwdriver and got it all out. Im scared to see what other brilliant changes the previous owner did to this car..

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
:shrug:
Thanks for the offers to sell me yours, but I ended up beating it to death with a screwdriver and got it all out. Im scared to see what other brilliant changes the previous owner did to this car..

Damn dude that sux. He probably was a ricer at heart and knew no better! :shrug:props for the Comp. Orange! :banana:

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Is there any way you can contact the previous owner? I'd really want to know what else the idiot did after finding that...

How long has it been since you bought the car and didn't notice that?

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
WOW! - Thats all I can say....Hate to laugh, but kinda have to - What an idiot! - Hope he didnt mess anything else up!

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
come on guys you havent heard of the foam /card board mod its good for 15 rwhp just did it to my dads mach 3 months ago definetly seat in the pants horse power

Users who are viewing this thread