F**k....

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Any suggestions on which idler pulley set to go with?? :nonono:
EDIT: Ok... i'm going with Billetflow, I just need to know the answer to post #7 :)

p1010017wi3.jpg

I was coming home from NJ yesterday and about 45mins-1hour into the drive I see my battery light come on, so I get off at the next nearest exit and find a walmart parking lot to pull into. I pop the hood and to my surprise my belt was gone... It was basically shredded and hanging off the alternator. I keep a spare battery in the trunk just incase the alternator dies on me again, but this was basically the same thing. So I go for as long as I could on that battery and change it out on the shoulder of the highway when it finally died. Then I barely make it through the gates onto the post when everything in the car shuts off and i'm sputtering into the barracks. So this morning I go out there to change out the battery again so I can go to the auto parts store and pick up another belt, and I look down and see that idler pulley...

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the one next to crank?

That's cool that nothing else was damaged

BILLETFLOW!

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
the one next to crank?

That's cool that nothing else was damaged

BILLETFLOW!

Yeah, that one. I felt around the crank pulley to make sure thats not damaged but didn't feel anything... I can't get a good look at it though. Also for the BF pulleys, I already have one of their 100mm's with bracket. So I would just order 2 more 100mm's and a 92mm then?

Last edited:

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Oh yeah... I think I'm going to go with the Gates 8rib. But I have no idea what size, since the previous belt was from the ported blower w/aux pulley and it fit snug on the KB with a 3.5in pulley and no aux idler. I checked out the charts on BF.com and it's just for the eatons. With 3 100mm idlers and 1 92mm idler and a 3.5in pulley on a KB, what belt would I need?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
IMO, I would go with a Gatorback belt. I put 2 diff Gates belts on my car and after 500 miles or so, they would start to chirp. Belt dressing didn't help either. I switched to a Gatorback and haven't heard a peep since. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread