F1000 lap

blk02edge

Established Member
Well the car still has yet to be set up but I just keep driving it anyway, so here's a video from today.
IMG_20210825_141811_(1).jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice driving, sir! Imagine what it will do when you finish the setup.
1630237311437.jpeg

blk02edge

Established Member
Hence the slight wobble in the corners?
No there will always be a bit of fighting the wheel, the difference likely won't show on video but it will drop about 2 seconds a lap.

I spent the second half of the day playing with an Ariel Atom giving out rides, I should have filmed that as the wheel action is a lot more exciting even though about 16 seconds slower.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
holy shit that thing is MOVING!
I second that! What is with the stuff in the middle of the tire? Is it just the camera? Do you have to clutch all the downshifts or how is the trans setup? You had do do multiple shifts in a very short amount of time. I'm a noob at this style of racing unfortunately.

blk02edge

Established Member
I second that! What is with the stuff in the middle of the tire? Is it just the camera? Do you have to clutch all the downshifts or how is the trans setup? You had do do multiple shifts in a very short amount of time. I'm a noob at this style of racing unfortunately.
That is rubber picked up from the track, tire worms as many call it.

Gearbox is the stock GSXR motorcycle setup. Left foot brake and just blip throttle manually on each downshift, which is sequential. Clutch is only used to get going from a stop.

Mainn

Established Member
Was waiting for you to post a video. Nice lap!! Obviously you'd get a better feel for it from actually driving it, but it looks surprisingly well balanced just from that footage. You can see it's a liiittle more understeery in the slower corners, and doesn't want to turn-in/rotate as well, but doesn't seem -that- bad at all (again, from the vision!). Would be curious to see the results once you get it on the flat-patch though.

Few random notes:
You have close to the tightest steering I've seen, even for open-wheeler standards!
Is that your phone zip-tied to the wheel?
Aaaand, lastly...... looks like it's running an older AiM Mychron3? If so, any plans on updating this to a later AiM system / MoTeC? My FF has an AiM MXS and it's pretty slick.

A little bit jealous of the sequential..... and the slicks.... and the wings... and the noise. No missed shifts for you!!

blk02edge

Established Member
Was waiting for you to post a video. Nice lap!! Obviously you'd get a better feel for it from actually driving it, but it looks surprisingly well balanced just from that footage. You can see it's a liiittle more understeery in the slower corners, and doesn't want to turn-in/rotate as well, but doesn't seem -that- bad at all (again, from the vision!). Would be curious to see the results once you get it on the flat-patch though.

Few random notes:
You have close to the tightest steering I've seen, even for open-wheeler standards!
Is that your phone zip-tied to the wheel?
Aaaand, lastly...... looks like it's running an older AiM Mychron3? If so, any plans on updating this to a later AiM system / MoTeC? My FF has an AiM MXS and it's pretty slick.

A little bit jealous of the sequential..... and the slicks.... and the wings... and the noise. No missed shifts for you!!
You nailed everything lol.

That's right, setup overall *feels* decent everywhere except slow speed, it's pushing like a pig, I'm just currently driving around that.

It's a fast track, the faster you go the tighter the steering looks, especially on the winged cars :)

Hell yea my phone is zip tied to my steering wheel, need to run race Chrono for lap times because the older Aim is useless. Lol.

Car has an Evo3s, with an aim GPS and the mychron 3. It will be getting ripped out this winter and replaced with an MXM most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread