F1A 8-rib Build Thread

Furinox

Established Member

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
are there filters like that thare can just be put right onto the front? like instead of screen on the flat outside part, it's filter material? I'd really like to get my filter out of the fender because of when it rains.

yes you can im thinking of doing it too when i put my f1a on....less of a PITA than attaching the power pipe and getting it all lined up

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
yes you can im thinking of doing it too when i put my f1a on....less of a PITA than attaching the power pipe and getting it all lined up

Find it for me because I'm lazy. :lol: ...please. If and when I do a bigger radiator, my elbow at the headunit is going to hit again.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
that ebay link will work for you man you just give him your inlet size and throw that puppy on, i think you will probally gain some power too...also it will move the "intake" up so the chance of sucking up water will be less

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
that ebay link will work for you man you just give him your inlet size and throw that puppy on, i think you will probally gain some power too...also it will move the "intake" up so the chance of sucking up water will be less

That's not a filter, its just a screen.

Linthemup

Established Member
Find it for me because I'm lazy. :lol: ...please. If and when I do a bigger radiator, my elbow at the headunit is going to hit again.

I have a monster radiator and intercooler . I managed to make a full size filter fit .

Car448.jpg

Car440.jpg

It just takes some imagination and massaging . :bowdown:

Ill be seeing you down at the beach . Only two more months to go .
My car goes back on the dyno Monday after the freshen up , piston and rod swap , more comp. , more boost , and Smokn big numbers on the Heads done by Steve at Houston Performance .

Im sure your lovn the new set-up , its like no other ! Congrats ! :beer:

EVO-lution

Established Member
damn SOS & Linthemup...can i work your jobs for a few months until I can save some money. I need me one of them Cog set-ups too :) my stock car is just not cutting it for me right now.......well when its not at the dealer being fixed every month:mj:

Linthemup

Established Member
Do you have any more pics of that? Or did you only have to cut that panel for the filter to fit?

I went with a larger radiator and intercooler . I bumped out the front and lowered everything . The foam and bracket support were removed and i installed a chrome-moly tubular support . Your radiator will be in the way for your set-up .

This set-up works great because it now lets the blower bring air directly from the front with no obstruction !

Car420.jpg

MostRecentPictures006.jpg

Car411.jpg

Car416.jpg

Car413.jpg

I run 4 fans . Two push and two pull . I no longer have any overheating issues .

Linthemup

Established Member
Did it change the sound of the blower going from a powerpipe to just a filter?

I dont know you tell me ?

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/03-Mach-1-Cog-Setup_143704.htm]03 Mach 1 ( Cog Set-up )- Video[/ame]

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/03-Mach-1-Custom-3-x-pipe_131768.htm]03 Mach 1 Custom 3" x pipe and catback Kooks- Video[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread