F1A 8-rib Build Thread

Linthemup

Established Member
***UPDATE***

...no tune yet haha. But I contacted Procharger on my intercooler issue (2-core vs 3-core). I sent them a picture of my intercooler and they are 100% confident it is a 3-CORE. Saves me the time/hacking of my car for now.

Its still too small ! :nonono:
But what do i know ? :shrug:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
your a good man, any driving impressions thus far?

I friggin' love it. The enclosed bpv (run open) is perfect. Not too loud and not too quiet ...it could be that the F1A is ridiculously noisy though. :lol1: I haven't gone 1/2 throttle yet because I'm a worry wart. I hope to have the dyno tune soon and will report back with better info!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I friggin' love it. The enclosed bpv (run open) is perfect. Not too loud and not too quiet ...it could be that the F1A is ridiculously noisy though. :lol1: I haven't gone 1/2 throttle yet because I'm a worry wart. I hope to have the dyno tune soon and will report back with better info!

i will wait until its dynod to make you compare the tt's vs f1a:pepper:

AzulAzul03

Established Member

Yikes i can only image it!:burnout: Mines sounds like a tweety bird!!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

I have the Vortech Mondo valve (enclosed) and I just took the hose off so I'm running VTA instead of recirculated. Sounds sick, but much quieter when just driving around than Cory's open Procharger valve. :D

What time are you dynoing on Sunday and how much did Jon say it would cost all together? Trying to get mine done as well and would love to see your car while I'm there.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Chris, not sure if you would know this yet or not, but when you rev the motor or get into boost and the bypass opens, does yours have a constant 'whooooosh' sound, or does it flutter like 'psssh psssh psssh psssh'. Mine does the latter and I'm not sure why.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Chris, not sure if you would know this yet or not, but when you rev the motor or get into boost and the bypass opens, does yours have a constant 'whooooosh' sound, or does it flutter like 'psssh psssh psssh psssh'. Mine does the latter and I'm not sure why.

Mine is a constant whoosh (after I get off the gas). I think Dustin's is a flutter, but I could be wrong though. He has the Mondo BPV like you.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Mine is a constant whoosh (after I get off the gas). I think Dustin's is a flutter, but I could be wrong though. He has the Mondo BPV like you.

Nope, mine is a constant whoosh...Dale you could have a vaccum problem with the bypass valve. I had mine hooked to a different vaccum source and it wasn't opening the valve fast enough and it would chutter.

What mine sounds like.... go to 47ish seconds.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yqEFNELABM"]YouTube - Flowgoode's Procharged 96 Cobra on the Dyno[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread