F8LSNAKE runs 10.57

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Great times man.. that actually gives me hope for my car's possible E/T's...if I can only get more seat time :/

Almo

Established Member
Awesome, can't wait to see what you run. Are you still unported?

Yes, still non-ported and I actually put a bunch of things back in my car like fog lights, speakers, all insulation, and the cardboard/carpet are now back in the car. I have the spare/jack back in the car which I will take out to hit the track.

Also, I was thinking I might be able to make it out next week but a few things have come up already and I might not be able to go. 15th for sure though. :banana:

When you planning on heading back out. I'll keep saying it, your car has .40s in it. :rockon: :beer:

I am also going to be running on DR while I do this pre/post deal with Brian's Ported Eaton.

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
Man that is impressive as hell. Def . getting the most from your combo!!! How do you like the 3.90's?? Ever checked rpms @ the line with the 26's???? Props to man!!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Almo, I definately agree that this car has 40s in it. I probably will not run again until I have the new clutch in(spec 3+ with aluminum flywheel). It may also have a new upper pulley by then, but we'll see.

Lloyd, 9s for sure with a twin screw and I'm salivating at the thought of it, but I won't do it until I think I've got the goody out of the eaton. I'm going with an aluminum flywheel because my car already moves pretty good out of the hole and I want it to rev quick. We'll see how that works out as I know it goes against what most preach. Guess I'm a rebel. Lol.

Posi, it's a spec 3+ as Lloyd said, although I'm not sure for the reason he said, although it was a factor, kind of.

Trey193, I love the 3.90s for this combo, but when I add nitrous or a twin screw then I will go to a 28" tall tire or have to switch back to a 3.55. Not sure on exact rpm at the 1/4, but it's probably around 6200 or so.

Last edited:

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Awsome awsome times on that thing .. you and Almo really got the fever .. though at this point my car isnt close to that it still gives me alot of hope to see guys like you sticking with the Eaton and surpassing even alot of twin screws ect ect.. Rock on , Hats off ,bow down

Last edited:

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Very nice times. What rpm do you go through the traps at? Im wondering because I have 4.10's now, was going 124 and it felt like it was winding out on the 26" drag. I now have 27x10 m&h slicks mounted so it should be going through around 6,200 at most with tire growth. Hopefully the tracks are open next weekend, this my racing weather.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
He's getting a Spec 3+ cause I have one one.

BTW Larry, you get a steel flywheel?

Almo, I definately agree that this car has 40s in it. I probably will not run again until I have the new clutch in(spec 3+ with aluminum flywheel). It may also have a new upper pulley by then, but we'll see.

Lloyd, 9s for sure with a twin screw and I'm salivating at the thought of it, but I won't do it until I think I've got the goody out of the eaton. I'm going with an aluminum flywheel because my car already moves pretty good out of the hole and I want it to rev quick. We'll see how that works out as I know it goes against what most preach. Guess I'm a rebel. Lol.

Posi, it's a spec 3+ as Lloyd said, although I'm not sure for the reason he said, although it was a factor, kind of.

Trey193, I love the 3.90s for this combo, but when I add nitrous or a twin screw then I will go to a 28" tall tire or have to switch back to a 3.55. Not sure on exact rpm at the 1/4, but it's probably around 6200 or so.

So you guys are experiencing no chatter with the 3+? Lloyd you and IronTerp both have them that I know of and neither one of you have chatter? I'll be ordering a clutch early this week and man I would love to buy the 3+ instead of the Ram twin disc. How much was it? Or I'll be looking tomorrow.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Awsome awsome times on that thing .. you and Almo really got the fever .. though at this point my car isnt close to that it still gives me alot of hope to see guys like you sticking with the Eaton and surpassing even alot of twin screws ect ect.. Rock on , Hats off ,bow down

Thanks bro and I can't wait to see Almo run. He said he'll be at the track soon and I expect to see him improving as well.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
sweet times man! you got some side pics of your car? with the drag tires on it ?

Sure do.
2zzsweo.jpg

308l7cg.jpg

2v8mrft.jpg

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Very nice times. What rpm do you go through the traps at? Im wondering because I have 4.10's now, was going 124 and it felt like it was winding out on the 26" drag. I now have 27x10 m&h slicks mounted so it should be going through around 6,200 at most with tire growth. Hopefully the tracks are open next weekend, this my racing weather.

I'm not positive, but I think it's right around 6200 give or take a few. Let me know how those m&h slicks work. I've heard pretty good things about them. I hear ya on the weather, it's already starting to warm up down here.

Users who are viewing this thread