F8LSNAKE wins streettire shootout.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Did they do anything about it? I haven't talked to them about it yet. I have a local here that might buy them as is. Where did yours break?

I had a rear Bogart blow the outer lip or ring off in my drive way. Call Bogart, they asked if I was driving on the street, I told them the car was in the driveway(which I had pics) and I was about to get ready for the track. Sent both the rears to Bogart, had the other one inspected, and they re-machined the blown wheel and polished the wheels when I received them.

I was a little hesitant on my first pass and mounting the wheels at the track. So far they have held up.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
what springs? running a sway bar?

sorry so many questions...my suspension is fubar'ed and deciding to throw it all away and start over with basic stuff
No problem, the rear springs are some Steeda's. I'm not even sure which ones, they came with the rear when I swapped my irs. I cut the top coil off of them(it wasn't much, since it was flat) to set the back down some since my car is pretty light. I still have the factory rear swaybar. I want to add a UPR or Wolf anti roll bar though, as you can see I'm getting some body roll now.
I had a rear Bogart blow the outer lip or ring off in my drive way. Call Bogart, they asked if I was driving on the street, I told them the car was in the driveway(which I had pics) and I was about to get ready for the track. Sent both the rears to Bogart, had the other one inspected, and they re-machined the blown wheel and polished the wheels when I received them.

I was a little hesitant on my first pass and mounting the wheels at the track. So far they have held up.

Thanks for the info. Mine was sitting still as well when it split. I heard a loud "tink" sound and thought," what was that". I found out a few minutes later when I went to drive off. It held air until I turned and then it started rushing out. I thought the tire was punctured until I got out and looked at it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think most of the Bogarts are actually 3 piece wheels. So whatever is bad they just take it off and replace it. Then just run a new weld around the inside of the V of the wheel where the tire is.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Nice runs man, running damn good in the heat. I went a few weeks ago, slowed down about 3-4 tenths. Did you ever run the spares a full quarter pass or only 1/8th? I did 105 on my 06 civic spare and that didn't feel to good. Anything over 80 didn't feel good.

Motor

Established Member
Congrats on the win! I believe your car is a 6speed? SRA or IRS? What are you doing suspensionwise to get your car to hook so well?

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Great job!!! On the GTOs the Bogarts are for strip use only. They do not recommend them on the street.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks for all the congrats and props guys.

Nice runs man, running damn good in the heat. I went a few weeks ago, slowed down about 3-4 tenths. Did you ever run the spares a full quarter pass or only 1/8th? I did 105 on my 06 civic spare and that didn't feel to good. Anything over 80 didn't feel good.
I have run them in the 1/4 before, but it's been awhile. They did fine though and I've probably run over 130 on them.
Congrats on the win! I believe your car is a 6speed? SRA or IRS? What are you doing suspensionwise to get your car to hook so well?
Yes the car is 6-speed with SRA. Full UPR adjustable suspension with solid bushings and rodends, Strange adj. shocks, Steeda springs with top coil cut, factory swaybar, built 8.8 with 3.90 gear.
Great job!!! On the GTOs the Bogarts are for strip use only. They do not recommend them on the street.
Same with the Bogarts for mustangs too. The car was sitting still when the wheel cracked. I do occasionally drive them on the street, but I'm always really easy on them. They've never hit a pothole and I take corner gingerly. They certainly have seen no more abuse on the street than they get at the track. I now have 17" Alumastars. The fronts are on, but I'm still waiting for tires to put the rears on.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Why wouldn't they? People have been doing it for years. I don't understand where the misconception that they are unsafe comes from.

Because of the factory advisor stating not to go over like 50.. which is suggested only because of the offset of the other 3 normal rims and the liability side.. but two in the front used for skinnies is where it's at for cheap MM&FF did it a while ago and ran like a raped ape!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Because of the factory advisor stating not to go over like 50.. which is suggested only because of the offset of the other 3 normal rims and the liability side.. but two in the front used for skinnies is where it's at for cheap MM&FF did it a while ago and ran like a raped ape!

Agreed. A buddy of mine actually found some 15" aluminum spares and runs a MT ET front on them. They are lighter than any drag wheel we've found yet.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Are the stock ones 16? I can't remember but I was going to run them on my car since I had black rear rims with slicks... would have looked sweet.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Are the stock ones 16? I can't remember but I was going to run them on my car since I had black rear rims with slicks... would have looked sweet.

The stock cobra spares are 17", but there have been other aluminum spares made in 16" and 15". We don't even know what the ones my buddy has came out of, but they are 15" and are the lightest ones.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Your car is too damn fast. I wish mine ran like that :D Awesome passes.

What's your race weight?

How did you keep it from getting heat soaked/pulling timing? I tried ice in the I/C box one time but it didn't seem to help much :shrug:

Mine feels pretty damn slow in this heat :(

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Your car is too damn fast. I wish mine ran like that :D Awesome passes.

What's your race weight?

How did you keep it from getting heat soaked/pulling timing? I tried ice in the I/C box one time but it didn't seem to help much :shrug:

Mine feels pretty damn slow in this heat :(

Believe me, it was heat soaked from hell. This race was run "hotlap". If you won your round you pulled right back in line, much like true street, but with far less competitors. I probably could have run high 6.70's with ice and the headlight out. I'm not sure on the raceweight, but it was probably heavy for my car. I had a full tank which I don't really consider a disadvantage in the 1/8 mile. It was probably around 3300.

The icebox tricks work, but you have to make sure you really get it cooled down. Keep circulating it through the intercooler until it's ice cold water flowing from it. Then hope you don't have to wait to long in staging.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Congrats!!! You and that car are hurting alot of feelings....Congrats man!!! Any cooling mods?? What is your pre- race cool down???

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Congrats!!! You and that car are hurting alot of feelings....Congrats man!!! Any cooling mods?? What is your pre- race cool down???

Thanks bro, it has a Fluidyne H/E and a bigger IC tank(don't know what brand). Normally I run ice through the intercooler until it continuously runs cold water and then I make sure the tank is packed to the rim with ice before pulling into staging. Then just have to hope I can pull straight up with no delays. If all goes well it keeps the temps in check. I also run with the headlight out and I have a big S&B open end filter that comes right up to the light.

For this particular race though, there was no cooldown whatsoever and I left the headlight in. The car was run just as it is on the street(hot as hell) and still managed consistant 6.90's and one run in the 80's. It was a "hotlap" format, if you won you pulled right back into the lanes.

Users who are viewing this thread