Fabulous Fords Forever 2008!

02saleen

Established Member
for those wondering im still talking to people trying to figure things out...im thinking leaving Oxnard at 10 but nothing official yet as soon as i get in contact with everyone i'll make a post...cus i already have some good plans for sat night to so i know i dont want to get up to early....

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
Damn you steve :cuss::kaboom: . . . I remember you talking to one of the organizers of the show last year about being a vendor; can't you just contact the same person see if they can squeeze in a registration for ya :idea:

they don't allow vendors. period.

although, if steve had remembered, i would have been happy to pick up some flyers from him for the show. in fact, if he's still got my number, i would be happy to do this again for him, as i did last year. if not, just drop me a PM and we'll talk. i don't check this site very often, but i'll watch it over the next few days. ;)

i can confirm that the crews from ESPN Radio, Whipnotic, Torque TV, and NBC will be there to provide some media coverage. i'm sure some of the musclecar mags will be there as well. we're not sure if the new GT500KR will be there, because ford/shelby has not committed to the cause yet, but there will be a 68/08 GT/CS and a 68/01/08 bullitt on display. there is also a good chance that the new KITT will be on hand as well.

hope to see you guys there. :coolman:

Unclebens

my sack is huge
Established Member
How many cars are expected to be in the show this year?

Last year there were well over 1000 cars, I actually can't imagine the number. Look at it this way the very large parking lot that is used for Knott's Berry Farm . . . THAT WHOLE THING IS FILLED and even overflowed as the Cobras get to park in a section of the park. :beer:

Unclebens

my sack is huge
Established Member
there were 1,832 registered entries this year. of those, 1,011 were registered in the various mustang categories.

yes, the SVT mustangs are still in the independence hall area, just south of the picnic area. :(

Are there going to be signs letting people know the cobras are down that path:shrug::??:

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
Are there going to be signs letting people know the cobras are down that path:shrug::??:
yes. there was a lot of talk regarding this issue when i brought it up a few months ago. there should be much better signage to let people know the SVT cars are back there this year. :tup:

Unclebens

my sack is huge
Established Member
weather won't matter, the show is rain or shine. ;)

Here's to hoping its mostly shine, no rain, and maybe just a little cloud cover . . . Mach1Detailing, Rocketcouch, and I are polishing the paint on our cars this whole week so a relatively clear day w/ little clouds for reflection and all our work will not be in vain. :coolman::-D

Also . . . Is the show sold out (as far as cars are concerned)?

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
Here's to hoping its mostly shine, no rain, and maybe just a little cloud cover . . . Mach1Detailing, Rocketcouch, and I are polishing the paint on our cars this whole week so a relatively clear day w/ little clouds for reflection and all our work will not be in vain. :coolman::-D

Also . . . Is the show sold out (as far as cars are concerned)?
i should have been a bit clearer in my earlier post.

yes, the show is sold out. we could have squeezed a few more in, but since registration officially closed last monday, the fact that we had well over 1800 vehicles sign up is a good thing. IIRC, we could have gotten closer to 1900 cars into the lot and still been okay.

as for the weather, i've been there when it's been balmy, cloudy, overcast, and even misting/sprinkling, so that won't bug me at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread