Fall 2017 GT500 supercharged voodoo, 10 speed auto and....

paluka21

Established Member
Now a unique power plant will be designated by twins and not a block, crank or anything internal. It's the way oems are moving, and if it gets us twins who cares. Better than another PD blown v8, and if that's really your bag there are plenty new and used variants out there. Time for a domestic TY

That's just not that appealing to many current Shelby owners. Again, I don't see Ford deviating from their historic trend. Even the 2015 GT350 had a unique motor, so not sure how OEM is moving in that direction? Ford's still putting the unique FPC 5.2L in the 2018 Shelby.
Ford went out of their way designing a very unique 5.8L motor with piston squirters in 2013, and the FPC in 2015 for the Shelby.
Shelby American are already taking GT's and turning them into "super snakes" with a blown 5.0L motor. And Ford will do the same? But instead with turbos?
If they do, it will be a surprise at least to me.

Fourcam380

Established Member
So Shelby owners would rather make do with an inferior design? That's a hard sell. Oil squirted have been used on many engines including the 6.1 hemi. Not a big deal. The 5.8 (flame suit on) wasn't a good motor. It had modular 5.4 architecture. Super undersquare even with larger 5.8 bore, which is why Ford never bothered to go NA with it. Port angles suck and valves too small to make power. FI doesn't care about any of that. And it reduces the longblock to the importance of simply holding the power the FI makes. With that in mind the 5.0 makes more sense than 5.2 as twins again don't care about valve shrouding (5.0 vs 5.2) and the extra meat between bores helps seal the cylinder with boost. Other than Ford look at the engine sharing that goes on these days and or has with Factory TT engines Ferrari Ca = F488, s560 = s63, e63, c63, glc63, the only difference is software which oems love as there is no retooling cost as with hardware upgrades. Like it or not it's happening and will continue to due to the above.

paluka21

Established Member
So Shelby owners would rather make do with an inferior design? That's a hard sell. Oil squirted have been used on many engines including the 6.1 hemi. Not a big deal. The 5.8 (flame suit on) wasn't a good motor. It had modular 5.4 architecture. Super undersquare even with larger 5.8 bore, which is why Ford never bothered to go NA with it. Port angles suck and valves too small to make power. FI doesn't care about any of that. And it reduces the longblock to the importance of simply holding the power the FI makes. With that in mind the 5.0 makes more sense than 5.2 as twins again don't care about valve shrouding (5.0 vs 5.2) and the extra meat between bores helps seal the cylinder with boost. Other than Ford look at the engine sharing that goes on these days and or has with Factory TT engines Ferrari Ca = F488, s560 = s63, e63, c63, glc63, the only difference is software which oems love as there is no retooling cost as with hardware upgrades. Like it or not it's happening and will continue to due to the above.

You've already went outside of the conversation and debate. Cutting ties here as this is going nowhere. I based my post on historic facts that I don't see Ford deviating from. If Ford puts a mustang GT motor in a new Shelby variant, a lot of people in the market for a new GT500 will be disappointed and perhaps look elsewhere. Shelby American already has the 5.0L forced induction motor. LOL
You can think the 5.8L motor sucks all you want. Most people who have a sour grapes perspective do that.

Fourcam380

Established Member
You've already went outside of the conversation and debate. Cutting ties here as this is going nowhere. I based my post on historic facts that I don't see Ford deviating from. You can think the 5.8L motor sucks all you want. Most people who have a sour grapes perspective do that.

So the crux of your argument is that you have the pulse of every Shelby owner out there? Sorry I didn't see a defined scope anywhere.

The 5.4 and 5.8 can hold boost but so can any Motor built for it. That's just fact.

paluka21

Established Member
So the crux of your argument is that you have the pulse of every Shelby owner out there? Sorry I didn't see a defined scope anywhere.

The 5.4 and 5.8 can hold boost but so can any Motor built for it. That's just fact.
Yep. You got it bud. Went right over your head. Sour grapes man. What people can't afford, people will bash. LMAO!
Welcome to my ignore list man. Your posts are pointless and full of ignorance and not worth my time or effort.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Sorry driving using phone. I had a GT block and head custom intake 5.4 NA motor a decade ago. 14:1. Made nowhere near what a built Na coyote does now.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Yep. You got it bud. Went right over your head. Sour grapes man. What people can't afford, people will bash. LMAO!
Welcome to my ignore list man. Your posts are pointless and full of ignorance and not worth my time or effort.

Can't afford? .

Fourcam380

Established Member
Since 2008: E55, SL65 designo, rs4, e63, c63, SLS, cla45, m5, gt2, gt3, f350 Kr, f350 Harley, jeep srt8, previous the aforementioned custom 5.4 (.020" over so 5.5 technically) which was a 25k engine. None of these stock or even close.

1971mach1

Established Member
I'm all for something unique and able to blow the ZL1 and Hellcat's doors off at strip and road course. Supercharged Voodoo GT 500 or Boss 429 with supercharged, 6.2 variant , (7.0) would make me happy. tired of having Ford way behind GM and Dodge in the current muscle car wars. I expect more from Ford than 5.0 TT after 4 plus years of being behind.

DepWraith

Established Member
Totally don't understand why you guys are thinking that a twin turbo 5.0 with a 10 speed auto from the factory wouldn't be amazing? Built right, which I'm sure they would, lays the foundation for incredible horsepower that you can dial in literally with the twist of the knob with minor mods. While I loved my 13 GT500, it was a beast to launch and shift at the track as the immediate torque often blew the tires off. Remember, we are talking 62mm turbos, so not a bad spool time but plenty big to provide enough power to eat a Demon.

Users who are viewing this thread