Farewell to my 14

Turbo mach1

Established Member
I said good by to my 14 last week with only 250 miles on it. I got a wild hair up the rear and bought a 2014 GTR. I figure by this time next year I will be looking for another Shelby to put in the garage but it then, im going to beat the crap out of this GTR "its a blast".

Also on a side note, I started doing something cool. I have a 6 month old son and with every car I own, and will own, im taking a picture of him with the car. I figure one day he will look back and say "Damn Dad owned some cool cars or Damn Dad blew a lot of money on cars"

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Grats on Godzilla. GTR's are nice vehicles IMO. They are beasts at the track ! You'll have a blast in it.

PICS.......want to see PICS !

Turbo mach1

Established Member
gtr1_zps1de0cd64.jpg

gtr2_zpse151dd3c.jpg

shelbycolt_zps26cc1490.jpg

shelbycolt2_zpse684b6d1.jpg

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Congrats!

I looked hard at the GT-R myself when I sold my '11 and making sure what I wanted next, two friends talked me out of it who've had them, both swapped in less than a yr due to feeling bored with the driving experience. I regret not trying one anyway, I may do the opposite of you and slip one in next yr for a try, at least to have experienced it myself.

I started doing the with my son on motorsycles when he was a baby, I think I started swappin gour bikes so fast I let it slip and blew it. Cool idea, keep it up, he'll love it 20 yrs from now.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice pic.
I need to do that with my soon when hes older (2 mos now).
My girls got driver seat pics the day I brought it home :)

Would like to hear your reviews on the GTR when you have more seat time.
-J

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
GTR is insanely easy to drive fast, thats why people get bored, however congrats!

I also think the pics with your son are the best thing about this thread.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I agree with Devious about getting bored after a while as Ive been there but enjoy it for now! I've been taking pics of my kids with my cars since my oldest daughter was two, she graduated last May and I whipped out a pic of her with my 88 Gt vert when she was two and I still have the car which was pretty cool! Good luck with Godzilla!!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I see a lot of threads where people have sold a car in a couple months or with under 1k miles on it or whatever. I don't understand people like this. Either you don't know what you need to be happy or you're buying things for different reason than I do. This isn't an attack on the OP. You've got the money to do it and there's no harm done, it just leaves me confused. I hope the new ride meets your needs. :beer:

Myfast70

Established Member
What version of the GTR did you get? When I looked them up they showed three different packages. Sweet ride! Any plans to mod?

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I said good by to my 14 last week with only 250 miles on it. I got a wild hair up the rear and bought a 2014 GTR. I figure by this time next year I will be looking for another Shelby to put in the garage but it then, im going to beat the crap out of this GTR "its a blast".

Also on a side note, I started doing something cool. I have a 6 month old son and with every car I own, and will own, im taking a picture of him with the car. I figure one day he will look back and say "Damn Dad owned some cool cars or Damn Dad blew a lot of money on cars"
Let me guess, you bought the GTR at Daytona Nissan in Daytona Beach, FL.

Users who are viewing this thread