fast lighting

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by 99 SVT Bolt
What was your 60' on that run?

I too would like to know the 60' time, and trap speed of his 10 second run. Mommy and daddy must be loaded because it costs alot to get you into the 10s, look at how many tuners are there, only what 3 maybe. I really doubt that he even owns a lightning or has even driven one. I dont care if he just likes them and wants to find out about them, but why not just come out and say that. Whats with all the BS? A 10 second run off of a new blower alone, give me a break. There is no way in hell that the stock bottom end could handle the amount of power needed to run a 10second quartermile. From the mods hes listed, I would think that constitutes a high 12 second pass. Me thinks he just switched over from the Civic camp and doesnt know what real performance mods are..... [/rant off]

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Originally posted by TX Mach 1
Took more mods than that to get our old L running in the 12's.

You got those pics of your truck yet??
He's looking online for them:rollseyes

ford_lightning

Established Member
FAST LIGHTNING

Hey a lot of you guys have asked about my truck. I dont know what a picture would prove, because anyone could make a picture. My best 60ft time is 2.017 . I have aroud 420rwhp. My best time is a 12.79@108. I havent ever raan a 10 yet. I have videos to prove it, so if u can tell me how to get the video on here ill show u. I am 17 and yes i do have a lightning, i bet half you on here dont even have a nice truck to answer to the person that told me i dont have a lighting

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Ok, don't post a pic, post your build number and build date. Dont have it? Call 1-800-FORD-SVT or whatever it is, they will tell you as long as you have a VIN, if you have a VIN.
Think I dont have a Lightning, check out the "www" at the bottom of my post

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Re: FAST LIGHTNING

Originally posted by ford_lightning
Hey a lot of you guys have asked about my truck. I dont know what a picture would prove, because anyone could make a picture. My best 60ft time is 2.017 . I have aroud 420rwhp. My best time is a 12.79@108. I havent ever raan a 10 yet. I have videos to prove it, so if u can tell me how to get the video on here ill show u. I am 17 and yes i do have a lightning, i bet half you on here dont even have a nice truck to answer to the person that told me i dont have a lighting

Yeah and you'll have 630 horses with an Eaton blower.:nonono:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
lyle

I don't want to burst your bubble as I am sure you love your truck, as they are all great trucks. However getting it into the 10's is going to take more than a new blower. Trust me as I am trying to get into the 10's myself. I know my truck is capeable of running 10's , but I have been taking small steps to get there.

You will need to get a built engine, full exhaust , a built transmision, traction bars, some 30 inch tall slicks on 15 inch rims. Then add that or a KB/works140 blower, lots of boost and a good tune. This is not by any meens a full list, just part of what you will need.

Ya maybee you will get lucky and get the truck to make one 10 second run with a stock block, but I bet you would be getting towed off the track and sweeping parts off the track.

My advice is to read the boards, go to the track and talk to the experienced Lightning owners and learn all you can. Just enjoy your truck and take small steps in improving your drag racing. Your only 17 so don't rush things, you have tons of time to get there.

Hey if you really want a race, I will be more than happy to hand you your first loss.

Good luck

Don

:nono:

Dude there is no Eaton in the world good enough to get you into the 10's. Not trying to be a ****, but it took Sal a Works 112 and a 250 shot to get into the 10's.

ford_lightning

Established Member
Hey i have a 1.89 60 time. My best time is a 12.98@108 so far. I could show u a pic of my truck but what would that prove, anyone could take a pic of a truck. I dont care how fast my truck is, im only 17 and i drive a lightning so i really dont care. I have videos to prove it, so if u want to see them tell me how to put them on and ill prove it to u

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Hey i have a 1.89 60 time. My best time is a 12.98@108 so far. I could show u a pic of my truck but what would that prove, anyone could take a pic of a truck. I dont care how fast my truck is, im only 17 and i drive a lightning so i really dont care. I have videos to prove it, so if u want to see them tell me how to put them on and ill prove it to u

Be very proud of having a Lightning. But there are very knowledgeable people here. So please quit the bullshit. It isn't necessary to be member here.

99 SVT Bolt

Established Member

I see your 60' is getting better, but your 1/4 mile time slowed a little. Did you miss a gear or something? I'll assume you ran the L on F1's?

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Sooooo....... Where's the build number????? :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread