Fastest car around a track for under $50k

Granelli31

Established Member
Say you were building a street legal car for track days and fun, pump gas, and under $50k overall build. What is the fastest car around a full size road racing track? C5 z06, evo 9, turbo miata? What has the most potential to be fast in this kind of way? Plan on going with coilovers, bigger brakes, wheels/tires, etc.

Thanks

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Used Evo 8, 9, X with FP red, E85 and supporting mods. Might also look into a C5 Zo6 like you mentioned. If it were me I would go with an AC cobra kit car, you can build a NASTY one for $50K. I know there verts but still, there so damn cool. My father in law had one, made 480whp out of a small block stroker and it was just silly. I would go with a coyote motor with a whipple and call it a day.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OH! also, LSX RX7, great weight split, light, and great power to weight. LS3, full bolt ons, and you would have one heck of a track day car that would run forever.

98v8

Established Member
Get something mid engine like an mr-2 turbo or get a fiero gt ive herd you can swap a 350 into those

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
'80 Olds Cutlass supreme 4 door with a 400 staged shot of nitrous, can't be beat.

6/71 stickin out of the hood, primer gray,hell yeah
OP is talking about a track car not a drag car. :poke:

I vote C5Z, although to me they're sometimes see ugly, but even a regular c5 can be made into a track monster.
Also a s197 is pretty easy to make into a track car: S197 Mustang - Track Car/DD Build Thread - LS1GTO.com Forums
Both well within a budget of $50k.

I would skip the turbo awd cars, not my cup of tea.

Granelli31

Established Member
You could probably build a killer stroker evo, but the c5z seems to be a pretty common car. For the HPDE guys, what cars can't be caught out there? Aside from porsches, it seems to always be a vette or viper. I don't know how a 500rwhp evo would compare to the same hp vette.

Jaysin

Established Member
I always liked the 07-08 Nismo 350Z's. They come with an aero package, brembos, tuned suspension, and Rays wheels. Definitely not as fast as a Z06 or anything, but I think they're pretty cool cars personally, and if you have a 50k budget, you could get a nice Nismo for mid 20s, and have a nice chunk of change left to mod to your liking. Plus there were only around 1600 made iirc, so they're somewhat rare, though still a Z.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
SN95 1994-1995 mustang with full Maximum Motorsports suspension, weight reduction, aero, light weight/ wide wheel/tire combo. Put together with a 347 stroker with a T56 transmission. Easily done with 20k or less.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
I would lean toward the evo. 500 rwhp vette, verses a 500 awhp evo, the evo would lay down the power better. More traction equals more speed. In reality you could make any car a beast for 50k.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Granelli31

Established Member
Lets keep mustangs out of this. In the current stable at home is an 88fox full MM with IRS, 97 Cobra Stroker Solid rear/ Full MM Kit, and a bone stock 2011 evo x. How are the late gen Supra's (As far as road racing goes)? Any other cars that are stable at high speed?

Mika

Established Member
Why not a C6 Z06? They can be had for under $50k. Of course that would leave it bone stock, but it'd still be one heck of a track car.

Mika

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The C6Z06 seems to be the best car modded or not unless you can somehow buy a GT-R below that.
Reliable, fast, great handling, braking, you can't get a better car than that build or not.

Users who are viewing this thread