Father of 21-year-old who killed intruder: ‘One young life is lost’

03cobrah

Established Member
Father of 21-year-old who killed intruder:

HOUSTON –A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.

The young man was home with his mother and father in the 3900 block of Brook Garden when three armed men forced their way into the house around 8 p.m., according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.

The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door.

“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”

After the father was down, the suspects went after the mother. That is when the son ran and got his dad’s gun. He opened fire and hit one of the suspects, who died in the back bedroom. The other two suspects fled the scene.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Mark one for the good guys.. I'm sure the media won't have anything positive to say about an aborted kidnapping/murder/robbery attempt thanks to an armed home owner

itSSlow98

Established Member
Should have shot into the floor as a warning shot instead of killing the poor guy. I'm sure they just smelled that delicious cake and were starving because their independence cards didnt have enough money.

At least that's how the news will portray it.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Should have shot into the floor as a warning shot instead of killing the poor guy. I'm sure they just smelled that delicious cake and were starving because their independence cards didnt have enough money.

At least that's how the news will portray it.

Probably not in Texas but I could see it happen here in MD.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
That's why you never open the door with out your weapon even if you think it might be your aunt. You never know these days...

Planter

Banned
awesome job by the son. one less piece of trash on the streets. i dont care what his age was either. act like a piece of trash, die like a piece of trash.

sadly, we'll hear from the dead perp's mommy about what a fine and upstanding young man he was, and he just got in with the wrong people, and made some bad decisions.

:bored:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good for that kid

Wonder what type of gun it was. Hopefully an AR variant to piss of Washington.

BladeX10

Established Member
There was a huge thread over at bodybuilding.com posted by the guy that shot him.. Needless to say it was closed after 35+ pages lol.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Good for them.

That's why you never open the door with out your weapon even if you think it might be your aunt. You never know these days...

You're just trolling, I keep all of my firearms locked up except for my home defense shotgun. It stays hidden until I take it out to the farm to shoot and cleaning. My dog isn't going to let anyone inside without my knowledge.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That's how we roll down here son! I'm glad the kid was able to defend his family.

Exactly. I don't know TX law, but hopefully the other two will be charged with the murder of the 3rd one.

Texas, along with most states, does have a "felony-murder" rule, where a suspect involved in a felony can be charged with murder if another suspect commits a murder. However in this case none of the suspects committed murder so that doesn't apply.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
That's how we roll down here son! I'm glad the kid was able to defend his family.

Texas, along with most states, does have a "felony-murder" rule, where a suspect involved in a felony can be charged with murder if another suspect commits a murder. However in this case none of the suspects committed murder so that doesn't apply.

I may be wrong, but I sweat I read somewhere of a story where 2 criminals go about breaking the law, and one of them gets killed by a good guy. The non-dead criminal got charged with murder for whatever legal reason.

Users who are viewing this thread