Father of 21-year-old who killed intruder: ‘One young life is lost’

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I may be wrong, but I sweat I read somewhere of a story where 2 criminals go about breaking the law, and one of them gets killed by a good guy. The non-dead criminal got charged with murder for whatever legal reason.

After searching for it I did find a couple of examples of what you're talking about. It seems to be fairly rare. The law was put in place to deter someone that is committing a felony (robbery, car jacking, etc) from killing their victim. It automatically bumps it from manslaughter to murder. In some cases, like what you're talking about, the criminals are also charged with murder if anyone dies during the commission of a felony, victim or assailant. It wasn't the intention of the law but oh well I guess, I don't feel sorry for them lol.

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
Thumbs up for the son for removing 1 more scumbag from the world. Like a couple of other people posted, this kind of gun related story won't be relayed by the news media....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What kind of scumbag uses a kid as bait to get the front door open.

"Young boy" was just the way the father described him. He also said he thought the kid might have been a friend of his 21 year old son. So I'm guessing the killed assailant was probably in his late teens.

Here is another more detailed account from another news report.

The son of a homeowner on Thursday night shot and killed one of three suspected intruders at a home in west Harris County, officials said. The shooting happened about 9 p.m. at the house on Brook Garden near Cloudbrook, said Deputy Thomas Gilliland of the Harris county Sheriff's Office.

Gilliland said the homeowner heard a knock at the front door and when he opened it the suspects rushed inside. One of the suspects carried a pistol and another had a shotgun.

The owner yelled for his adult son to get a gun and the younger man rushed down a hall to a bedroom. One of the suspects followed him. Gilliland said the son grabbed a gun and fired three shots, hitting the man. The wounded man died at the scene.

Gilliland said the other suspects had been attempting to bind the homeowner's hand with duct tape. But when they heard the gunfire they left the house, speeding away in a white Ford Explorer.

Deputies spotted them a short later and took them into custody.

Gilliland said investigators were trying to determine what led to the home invasion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Score one for the good guys. If this family didn't have a gun in their home we might be reading an entirely different story. Like the entire family being murdered. In this day and age you are really taking a risk NOT having a gun for protection. JMO.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
How unfortunate that we were deprived of the opportunity to rehabilitate this young misguided individual. It sad that that Texas hasn't taken the high road and initiated effective gun control legislation to avoid this type of tragedy. Texas is a truly dangerous and seemingly lawless state.

Just ****ing kidding!!!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
please o wise one explain to us how he man defending his home is wrong and the criminals are really the victims. we are all dieing to hear your lefty bull shit on this one.

Wtf?

I am saying everyone should have their handgun with them when opening the door

Sent from my office in the Bureau

01bluesnake

Established Member
Nice to hear a story like this. It is a f'd up world out there. A friend of mine told me a story a little while back that stopped me from opening doors to people i don't know, and to check out the windows for people hiding.

He lives in Chicago, story went like this. Door bell was rung, he went to see who was there. It was a male in his 20's as he described. Didn't know the guy so asked want he wanted without opening the door. The male then said he had a mattress for delivery to this address. As my friend looked. He seen a pickup out front with a mattress in back and another male. He opened the door to check paperwork for name or any error for this, being confused at the moment(Thankfully, he has a ratcheting security front door bar which limits door opening, and stopped it under a foot). As he looks again while talking to the male, he notices the truck has no plates on it and guy seems to be rambling. Being suspicious at this point he asked to check with his wife who was baffled about the mattress. while talking with her, at this point they hear the front door try to get kicked/forced open which it did not. Quick thinking he went and grabbed his gun, but the guy took off off realizing his wasn't gaining extra. Before he could even get back to the front they were speeding off in the truck.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
its ok they really should just have called the police, that way only the innocent homeowners would be dead. That is how people like Senator Feinsuck see it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Good for them.

You're just trolling, I keep all of my firearms locked up except for my home defense shotgun. It stays hidden until I take it out to the farm to shoot and cleaning. My dog isn't going to let anyone inside without my knowledge.

If i know you have a dog, a nice tbone steak will make me his best friend.

You people put way too much trust into simple minded animals.

Users who are viewing this thread