Fedex requires an ID to ship a package?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I'm no professional ebayer, but I sold something, the box I had on hand was from Fedex, so I figured USPS or UPS might not take it, so I shipped said item today via Fedex. They asked for my driver's license, saying it's a policy. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little weird.

bbr-nick

Established Member
they need it to put into the system . if they come across something that is not suposto be in it they know who to come get.

bglf83

Established Member
I'm no professional ebayer, but I sold something, the box I had on hand was from Fedex, so I figured USPS or UPS might not take it, so I shipped said item today via Fedex. They asked for my driver's license, saying it's a policy. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little weird.
I guess needing an ID to vote makes sense now?

Really though, they had that guy sending bombs around last year.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If they ask you for a dick pic.. Do not send it, it is a trick.. Stupid fake fedex guy!
But,.......but, he asked for a picture of my package!! OH, he meant the package I was mailing out. lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
OP lives under a rock.

How else are they going to trace who the package came from? This is different from shipping a package from your house. With that they know the origin of the package.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Fedex started doing it after that guy was mailing bombs in TX. Austin I think? UPS does not.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
OP lives under a rock.

How else are they going to trace who the package came from? This is different from shipping a package from your house. With that they know the origin of the package.

No, as I said, I've never shown ID at the USPS nor a UPS store. Plus the USPS has a drop box. Anyone can walk into the USPS, and put a package in there. I've shipped items at 2am before.

I'm not screaming about my freedom being taken away or anything, just stating it caught me as odd.

Yes I see a comment now about it's because of the Austin bombings...but only 1 in 3 major shippers are doing do it seems.

Jefe

Established Member
I drop packages off at FedEx and UPS all the time and never get asked for ID. Maybe because I prepay online before I take it in?

Users who are viewing this thread