Feeler: 03 black 600hp cobra

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
yea, I think you pretty much ruined your chances of selling your car on here... even if it is perfect. Just saying this thread went downhill fast. Good luck

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
yea, I think you pretty much ruined your chances of selling your car on here... even if it is perfect. Just saying this thread went downhill fast. Good luck

I dont think so. Seems like a great car to me. I would just make a new thread and try again. Seller seems honest, some buyers on this forum just have outrages requests :bash:. Just because he not did let a buyer due certain things doesnt mean his car has a problem. Lol i wouldnt let a buyer take MY cobra to THEIR mechanic for a compression test. Hes offering a compression test through his mechanic. What more is there to do?
GLWS, sorry for all the shit people have put you through.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I dont think he ruined his chances. A lot of people on this site are tire kickers and make requests for certain photos etc.... With no intentions or means to buy the car. I make concessions for people but cclark from what i have read did everything in his power to showcase his car. It is a low mileage built motor from a good shop.

I bought my cts-v sight unseen from Ohio. Had him send me pics showing proof they were current. Car had 28k on it. Talking to him i knew he was an honest guy and an enthusiast. Sent him a check and had it shipped to my house. First time i saw the car was backing off the carrier.

Good luck with the sale bud.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
I dont think so. Seems like a great car to me. I would just make a new thread and try again. Seller seems honest, some buyers on this forum just have outrages requests :bash:. Just because he not did let a buyer due certain things doesnt mean his car has a problem. Lol i wouldnt let a buyer take MY cobra to THEIR mechanic for a compression test. Hes offering a compression test through his mechanic. What more is there to do?
GLWS, sorry for all the shit people have put you through.

From what I read... a potential buyer was wanting another SVTP member, TRBO VNM, to check out the car for with him. TRBO VNM is a pretty knowledgeable guy and well respected member, so I don't see what the problem would have been. Anyways, it's ultimately up to the seller on how he wants things done... Not ragging on the seller, but the car may have been sold if he would have let the seller have who he wants to check out the car... I know if I was a buyer I wouldn't want someone the seller knew checking out the car for me. OP good luck with your sale.:beer:

cclark

Established Member
Just like someone stated above, it's MY mechanic, you can say TRBO VNM is as knowledgable as the next guy but I know nothing, DICK about him or his shop and didn't want another shop messing with my car...and saying you wouldn't want the seller to have someone he knows check out his car is just plain retarded, he's not just someone I know but one of my best friends who I trust 110 percent working on my car, and it's not just a joe schmo someone I know, like I said above he is a certified ford master tech and has been a mechanic at the ford dealer near where we live for the last 6 years, I trust him with everything on my car and on top of it all I wouldn't have to drive over an hr round trip just to get this crap done, he would come to my house (he lives 2 seconds from me) and would do it on the spot in front of the buyer...if that's not good enough I don't know what is!!

To the other posts/comments above (the positive ones) I greatly appreciate it guys (big reg and 1stanglover) that gives me some hope and makes me realize there's some stand up guys and good people on this board still, and actually see where I'm coming from and see how I didnt do wrong and didn't deserve what the others have done and make this thread turn me into a shady turd and mess up selling my car. I think the best thing for me to do is make a new one too, thanks again for yalls input I greatly appreciate it.

cclark

Established Member
I see what your saying Nate and you are right the car would've ultimately been sold by now and when the possible buyer mentioned a shop and 30 minutes away and showed me someone who I don't even know I didn't know what to say besides no and be kinda mad that your basically saying I'm a liar but at the time I didn't think about my buddy the Ford master tech and i feel if I would've said I can have my mechanic come to my house and do it in front of you it would've worked out just fine and none of this would've happened.

And back to the point of saying you wouldn't want someone he knows to do the test...well most people have a certain mechanic or person they go to who they trust and know to work on their car or do this or do that...at least when you have a car that's not a piece of shit and you actually care about and have a lot of money in..your gonna want to have someone you know and trust work on your car if it ever comes to that...and if you've never seen a compression test done or know what your looking at when the results are there what's the difference in having a shop show you and you just stand there dumb founded and believe what theyre telling you versus the sellers personal mechanic who is certified and has proof to show his credibility the same numbers the shop would??? If you know what your looking at and understand the test what's the difference?? Especially when it's happening right in front of you

cclark

Established Member
CAR IS SOLD!!!! VERY HAPPY BUYER AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO CRAIGSLIST!!!

TO ALL THE HATERS, DOUBTERS, SHIT TALKERS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TRBO VMN AND FINALTHEROM AND I BELIEVE DOC.....SUCK IT!!!! :dancenana:

0260B4U

Established Member
I haven't posted on this forum in quite awhile. I only came here because I am considering 03/04 Cobras.

After seeing this thread you come off as the biggest dick and as a friend of many LEOs I'm sure they'd be ashamed to work with you. You have a lot of lessons to learn in life.

I certainly hope that you don't deny your future home buyers an inspection on the house you will be trying to sell...

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
I haven't posted on this forum in quite awhile. I only came here because I am considering 03/04 Cobras.

After seeing this thread you come off as the biggest dick and as a friend of many LEOs I'm sure they'd be ashamed to work with you. You have a lot of lessons to learn in life.

I certainly hope that you don't deny your future home buyers an inspection on the house you will be trying to sell...

Lol if he even really sold it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cclark

Established Member
Lmao and the hate continues!! This forum is filled with the biggest Internet warrior shit talkin mommas boys ever!! Biggest dick ever!?? Dude you don't know half the story and all the stuff I was put thru and dealt with...if you think your fellow Leo buddies would be ashamed to work with me, they must be some pretty lousy dudes and officers, must be the 'shady' type of officers as Doc was talking about before!!! Oh and I'll be living in my future house for a while so I'm not thinking about selling or inspection right just yet there tard!

You should be a comedian His Grace, just hilarious!!

His Grace

Established Member
Lmao and the hate continues!! This forum is filled with the biggest Internet warrior shit talkin mommas boys ever!! Biggest dick ever!?? Dude you don't know half the story and all the stuff I was put thru and dealt with...if you think your fellow Leo buddies would be ashamed to work with me, they must be some pretty lousy dudes and officers, must be the 'shady' type of officers as Doc was talking about before!!! Oh and I'll be living in my future house for a while so I'm not thinking about selling or inspection right just yet there tard!

You should be a comedian His Grace, just hilarious!!

My wife doesn't think i am that funny, i am glad someone does :)

Sincerely, congrats on the sale and on the future buy of your new house.

0260B4U

Established Member
I didn't say you WERE a dick. I said you COME OFF AS a huge dick. Just how you answered people and responded. Luckily there was Craigslist, because after reading this it would take a very 'special' person to buy. Perhaps it's hard to convey your tone and sense of humor over the internet and it appears to strike the wrong chord with people who are reading and observing.

Just something I noticed.. and it's been 6 years since I posted on this forum. Just sayin'.

cclark

Established Member
Saying one is a huge dick and one comes off as a huge dick is one in the same I feel, but I can agree that certain things can be taken the wrong way when you read them, different than the way the poster intended.

And yes I also agree it would take someone special to buy it on this website after this nightmare of a thread but that's because it all started with a member calling me out and making it seem like I was shady...and it possed me off and was a dick thing to do especially since he's never seen my car, has no clue about the build, mileage, myself, nothing...so in return I was a dick with my posts (who wouldn't be!) along with explaining everything and then coming up with having a test done on the spot if a buyer was interested and wanted a test.

But I have come to realize the majority of people looking in the terminators classifieds section are typical clowns, trolls, tire kickers and don't have a fifth of the money in their bank saved to buy one, or could afford a 20000 dollar loan for 72 months!! Like you said thank god for Craigslist because some people on there actually have money to spend on one and are ready to buy.

Lots of amazing terminators for sale on this site with a huge amount of interested people but when it comes to buying one, the money isn't there.

Anywho there's no sense in talking about it anymore because the car really is sold, guy from PA bought it yesterday and trailered it home, definitely going to a good home which made me feel better about it, still was sick to my stomach when it got loaded and the garage was empty but after the house I'll be back here looking. I'm getting off track but the moral of the story I bumped the thread to prove and show it sold to the doubters and haters and people who made my thread a shit show, I was a dick to them on purpose because they were one to me. Again I appreciate all the people who were positive, stang lover and big reg, those are good people and posters on this board, would never be a dick to someone like those guys. I'm gonna Post to you like you post to me.

jhoward

Established Member
New owner of this car

I AM the buyer of this car from PA and so far I am pleased with the purchase knowing full well how much it costs to build a car of this caliber. I've been working on and building cars for over 18 yrs and although I have not driven the car yet (but he did take me for a 6 mile ride and the car seemed to be fine) or put it on the lift for a complete inspection I can't find anything mechanically wrong. However, it did puff a little blue smoke 2 or 3 times upon starting (and it is oil, I know what it smells like). The car starts beautifully and idles smoothly. The engine install and work completed to the car seems to be top notch from what I can tell so far and have yet to find anything that really bothers me aside from a "floating" heat exchanger. Not trying to pick it apart but I am very particular and that needs fixed. There are a few dents and scratches so I would not consider the body to be "perfect" as described in his thread but it is definitely well taken care of considering the many owners (which I was not aware of even though I did ask). When I asked how many owners there were he told me there were 2 people before him and other than that he didn't know. However, he had a carfax report that showed there were 7 owners that he provided AFTER we drove 4 1/2 hrs to get there. He also claims that the car has always been garage kept but he only owned it for 9 months so he really has no way of knowing that. He says there are $700 in billet accessories but gave me a receipt for $450. The floor mats are rubber "truckmats". The pinch welds are all beat to hell, they couldn't figure out until about the 4th or 5th time that this wasn't a good place to jack up on (he said that was not him who did that but it was never mentioned until I seen it). He told me he didn't install the HID headlights and that they would go with the car but when I showed up he didn't know where they were and thought maybe he had sent them back. I talked with him extensively before we drove down and he was very willing to provide information and answer any questions I had. It just seemed as though when I arrived some of the stories started to change. I registered it and insured it today, will be inspecting it tomorrow and from there it will go to my tuner to get checked. I will post an update to let you know the results. A good friend and customer told me about this forum and found this write up about my car. Had I read this forum before buying the car I am certain I would have never made the 4 1/2 hr trip to MD and if I hadn't driven so far I probably would have walked away without buying it. With all the bullshit aside I am still pleased with my purchase. It is a beautiful car with a long list of high end parts. I just wish the seller would have been a little more straight forward with certain information on the car before I got there. :bash:

His Grace

Established Member
I AM the buyer of this car from PA and so far I am pleased with the purchase knowing full well how much it costs to build a car of this caliber. I've been working on and building cars for over 18 yrs and although I have not driven the car yet (but he did take me for a 6 mile ride and the car seemed to be fine) or put it on the lift for a complete inspection I can't find anything mechanically wrong. However, it did puff a little blue smoke 2 or 3 times upon starting (and it is oil, I know what it smells like). The car starts beautifully and idles smoothly. The engine install and work completed to the car seems to be top notch from what I can tell so far and have yet to find anything that really bothers me aside from a "floating" heat exchanger. Not trying to pick it apart but I am very particular and that needs fixed. There are a few dents and scratches so I would not consider the body to be "perfect" as described in his thread but it is definitely well taken care of considering the many owners (which I was not aware of even though I did ask). When I asked how many owners there were he told me there were 2 people before him and other than that he didn't know. However, he had a carfax report that showed there were 7 owners that he provided AFTER we drove 4 1/2 hrs to get there. He also claims that the car has always been garage kept but he only owned it for 9 months so he really has no way of knowing that. He says there are $700 in billet accessories but gave me a receipt for $450. The floor mats are rubber "truckmats". The pinch welds are all beat to hell, they couldn't figure out until about the 4th or 5th time that this wasn't a good place to jack up on (he said that was not him who did that but it was never mentioned until I seen it). He told me he didn't install the HID headlights and that they would go with the car but when I showed up he didn't know where they were and thought maybe he had sent them back. I talked with him extensively before we drove down and he was very willing to provide information and answer any questions I had. It just seemed as though when I arrived some of the stories started to change. I registered it and insured it today, will be inspecting it tomorrow and from there it will go to my tuner to get checked. I will post an update to let you know the results. A good friend and customer told me about this forum and found this write up about my car. Had I read this forum before buying the car I am certain I would have never made the 4 1/2 hr trip to MD and if I hadn't driven so far I probably would have walked away without buying it. With all the bullshit aside I am still pleased with my purchase. It is a beautiful car with a long list of high end parts. I just wish the seller would have been a little more straight forward with certain information on the car before I got there. :bash:

Keep us updated, do a compression test lol

Users who are viewing this thread