Feeler: PPG T56 DogBox Trans- CarbonFiber Driveshaft- Twindisc Spec Clutch & more

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
As the title say's i might be selling my 6 speed dog box clutchless shifting set up and going auto. Since i went twin turbo im starting to realize it's very hard to control and shift the cobra when its on high boost on the street. Mustang Magic has been telling me to go auto and i think i just might have to.
Lets start with what i am looking to sell. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes 1-6 helical cut dox box t56 trans with the special shifter, Spec ST-Trim super twin disc 26 spline clutch, PST carbon fiber drive shaft and the stock aluminum cobra drive shaft. All of the parts are a direct bolt on to your 03 04 cobra and this is the best 6 speed setup you can get, there is nothing better! The trans, clutch and flywheel have about 1k miles on them. The drive shaft maybe 200 miles, is new and was installed this june. The aluminum stock drive shaft has 26k miles on it. All my parts are in perfect working condition. The PPG 1-6 helical cut dog set for a t56 is $9623, then you need to pay a professional trans shop to cut the insides of your t56 to fit this gear set into the t56 resulting in more money spent to get a pefect working dog box t56. Just giving you all a understand of what this would cost you. Also do your research and watch the videos i put below to understand what this trans is and how it will work before asking me a 100 questions.
Pfitzner Performance Gearbox - How to drive a dog box - YouTube
How to Drive with a PPG dog box with PJ - YouTube
Keisler Engineering Introduces the Road & Track 6Speed!!! - YouTube

PPG T56 trans with shifter $8500 OBO
Spec ST-Trim clutch $1000
PST Carbonfiber DS NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE
Stock Cobra DS SOLD!
If your serious about buying this setup Contact me at 7186442182 Alex for more info. Thanks.
IMG_20130118_184401_zps8f51ad0c.gif

IMG_20130810_165242_zps082cca72.gif

Last edited:

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
DAAMMMMM! PPG's are no joke! Ive dealt with them when i was playing in subaru world. I just got a quote for my rebuild but unfortunately i'm going Magnum and keeping it a IRS street car. but you my friend of a transmission the devil himself couldn't break! GLWTS

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I know the phitzner performance gear are manufactured out of Australia. And are very hard to come by. So I'll give you a 3k offer minus clutch if I stray away from a magnum trans. But that's the best I can do. Lol

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
That is absolutely sick! Wow!!! Amazing, and I really wish I could own something of that nature! Then I would definitely run a 3.4/4.0 whipple!

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
DAAMMMMM! PPG's are no joke! Ive dealt with them when i was playing in subaru world. I just got a quote for my rebuild but unfortunately i'm going Magnum and keeping it a IRS street car. but you my friend of a transmission the devil himself couldn't break! GLWTS

Yeah man there bad ass. I also use this trans for the street and have irs. My cobra was always a street car, just pretty fast.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
I know the phitzner performance gear are manufactured out of Australia. And are very hard to come by. So I'll give you a 3k offer minus clutch if I stray away from a magnum trans. But that's the best I can do. Lol

There not hard to come by you just need to order them and they will ship them to you from Aus. The magnum would be your best bet at 3k, the ppg t56 is worth 3 times that brother

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
That is absolutely sick! Wow!!! Amazing, and I really wish I could own something of that nature! Then I would definitely run a 3.4/4.0 whipple!

When i had the 2.8lc mammoth it was pretty damn sick. Now its good at low boost 730whp but up top on high boost its real hard to operate. Role racing its pretty much unstoppable.

pickup_man06

Established Member
I imagine that roll racing is about the only way it's driveable, if that. 1100whp+3100lbs=insanity ;)
Wish I had that problem!
That carbon driveshaft sure would be nice to have, but with hopes of buying an rxt this week or next, I cannot afford :(
One day my friend, one day! Haha

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
I imagine that roll racing is about the only way it's driveable, if that. 1100whp+3100lbs=insanity ;)
Wish I had that problem!
That carbon driveshaft sure would be nice to have, but with hopes of buying an rxt this week or next, I cannot afford :(
One day my friend, one day! Haha

Not at all. With warm tires it launchs strong and in 3 i push the high boost button. It rarely spins, mostly on cold tires

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Wow, your tires must be some sticky sob's and that suspension setup must be awesome :)

I use 28" tall Mickeys DRs now but im switching to hoosiers, there better. Coilovers and 1 ways adjustable strange in the front and 2 way adjustable QA1 in the back. Professional chassis guys set it up for the best traction. :beer:

pickup_man06

Established Member
Man, they must be very good at their job! That's a lot of balls to hook down to slick public roads! I imagine in New York, the roadways are probably slicker than here in the Midwest also, seeing as how there's a lot more traffic and weather up there :-D

Users who are viewing this thread