Feeler: PPG T56 DogBox Trans- CarbonFiber Driveshaft- Twindisc Spec Clutch & more

Tractionless1

Established Member
OP,

Does your asking price include shipping? If you hurt it, I assume it has to go back to Austrailia? Are you the orginal owner and if so how much was that shipping charge from AUS?

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
OP,

Does your asking price include shipping? If you hurt it, I assume it has to go back to Austrailia? Are you the orginal owner and if so how much was that shipping charge from AUS?

Yeah thats shipped. I was the first to own one in the states and yes i am the original owner. PPG told me that there gears are almost unbreakable. They dont advertise it but those same gear are in the alpha 12 gtr making 1300whp. They said change the oil every 5 k miles which i havent even gotten close to and if the trans is hurt you will know because it'll come out of gear by its self. If you need to fix it, take it to a pro trans shop that knows what there doing, pop the t56 open ,take the broken gear out, call PPG and they'll send you over a knew one.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Yeah thats shipped. I was the first to own one in the states and yes i am the original owner. PPG told me that there gears are almost unbreakable. They dont advertise it but those same gear are in the alpha 12 gtr making 1300whp. They said change the oil every 5 k miles which i havent even gotten close to and if the trans is hurt you will know because it'll come out of gear by its self. If you need to fix it, take it to a pro trans shop that knows what there doing, pop the t56 open ,take the broken gear out, call PPG and they'll send you over a knew one.

Got ya, I took a look at their page after seeing your thread and there are some US dealers who can work on 'em. I'm awaiting some feedback from outside sources before moving forward. Any chance at getting any in car footage of the trans. in your car? Thanks

Last edited:

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Got ya, I took a look at their page after seeing your thread and there are some US dealers who can work on 'em. I'm awaiting some feedback from outside sources before moving forward. Any chance at getting any in car footage of the trans. in your car? Thanks

There are a few. I dont know if getting there feedback will do you any good. My advice is if you really want accurate info call PPG. Get those payed calling cards and call them in the at like 1 or 2 am, got to firuge out the time difference. In car video your a little to late for, i already started taking everything apart. If you watch any ppg dog vids it'll be the same thing, theres no differece. Just make sure its a helical cut gear set video! I got one video of a little 1-3 pull with effortless shifting http://youtu.be/gI8HAkH5hrM

suby_do

Established Member
My dream trans. I wish they didn't cost so much. I have a straight cut synchro trans in my Suby. Ppg is the best of the best. Glws!

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
My dream trans. I wish they didn't cost so much. I have a straight cut synchro trans in my Suby. Ppg is the best of the best. Glws!

Yep best manual trans you can get and thanks im not worried about selling it, there a good amount of interest and i didnt start marketing it for real yet.
Straight cut huh how is that? Shit must be noisy

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Wonder what ppg would charge for 1st and 2nd gear? Maybe 3rd? I have to replace those gears anyway in my T-56 rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread